Spring into Spring - March accountability thread

Options
I don’t think March has been set up yet, hope you don’t mind me setting it up.

I’m in desperate need of motivation and accountability, I’m so bad at the moment and feel so unhappy with myself.

I’ve got about 12 weeks until my holiday and I would love to have lost 4kg by then. This month I would like to be at 65.5kg

1st March 67.2kg

Replies

• susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'1"
    Starting weight: 128
    Ultimate goal: Around 110-115 lbs
    March goal: 123 lbs
    Current Weight: 128.0

I'll start it off. I'm up a couple pounds from yesterday, probably due to the pizza I had for dinner last night, so my March goal isn't as crazy as it sounds :smile: I have a dietbet that ends in March and I need to be at 123.6, so I'd better tighten up my food intake in order to make it! I need to lay off the sweets a little bit, my breastfeeding cravings are out of control. Here's to a strong month everyone!
  • wenmft
    wenmft Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Weight: 167
    Overall goal weight: 155
    March goal weight: 160

Boy, do I need this! I am pretty inactive and am starting a beginner program tomorrow. I just want to lose some around the middle and in my thighs and hopefully tone up. I'd love to have sexy arms! I tend to eat very healthy during breakfast and lunch but end my day overeating and snacking. I'm sure I'm just tired by the end of the day but I need to change that habit. My husband wants to go to a sunny resort next month so maybe that will be the motivation to kickstart me. :)

• Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Height: 5’4”
    Goal weight: 120

Mar 01: 128.4
    Mar 08:
    Mar 15:
    Mar 22:
    Mar 29:

I’m actually lucky I didn’t gain, since I’ve had a “full” week. I only ended up being on track 2 out of 7 days this week. Last Saturday I went to a Chocolate, Wine and Whiskey festival. 🎉 Today I’m starting my cycle. 😕 I did manage to exercise 4 out 7 days though, so at least there’s that 🙂.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    Original starting weight: 170
    Ultimate goal: Around 140 lbs
    March goal: 153 lbs
    Current Weight: 156.2

March 3: 155.0
    March 10:
    March 17:
    March 24:

Finally hit my pre-Christmas weight. I have had far too many food liberties this winter and it must stop. My treadmill and I are working on a half marathon training program, and I think I'm handling it better than the treadmill :wink: Halfway through, did 7 miles this past Saturday but it's not helping the scale situation because I don't eat properly. March will be different!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    End of February, whopping 1 lb less; so hoping for at least 1.5 in March?? Also, so sore from working out (lifting weights); had a 7 day hiatus, so went 5 days on, b/c have another 5 day hiatus coming up (travel)

H-5'6
    SW: 135 at xmas
    SW March 1 - 128/129
    original GW: 125 - by March 31 (not going to happen)
    revised GW : 126.5 by March 31

3/4 - 127.5

• RobinAlex666
    RobinAlex666 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    HW: 176
    CW: 158.5
    Height: 5'8"
    March goal: 156.5
    Ultimate goal weight: 153

March 4: 158.5
    March 11:
    March 18:
    March 25:

I only gained a half pound since I last tracked in January. I'm switching to posting on Mondays to try to force myself to eat better over the weekends. If anyone has any suggestions on how to avoid eating out over the weekend I'd love to hear it. I always have enough food in the fridge, my husband just loves eating out while we're off work and gets kinda sad when we don't. Of course I love it too, but it's making me fat and the bill adds up too :/
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    @robin666 If it’s something you guys love to do, then maybe make a plan for it. Like deciding that you are only going to eat out once per weekend and then pick the day, the restaurant and what you are going to order ahead of time. Making the choices ahead of time is helpful because you can easily see how much money and calories it will cost you while taking hunger, willpower and guilt out of the equation.

Knowing that you have decided to only go once, you could also make a list of a few meals that you like at home so when it’s meal time, you can order off your own menu and are then less likely to opt to go out when you didn’t plan to.
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    March is going to be tough, as there is a LOT of traveling on my calendar, BUT, my new meal delivery service also kicks off today with my first delivery,

What delivery service are you doing?
  • susanpiper57
    Options
    Cora0477 wrote: »
    Last Saturday I went to a Chocolate, Wine and Whiskey festival. 🎉 T

That sounds amazingly delicious
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Greetings!

Height: 5' 5.5"
    Highest weight: 136
    Starting weight: 133
    Ultimate goal: 116 lbs
    March goal: 117 lbs
    Current Weight: 120.0

March 4: 120.0
    March 11: (I will be gone on vacation -- probably gaining weight!)
    March 18:
    March 25:

I have made good progress this year so far and I hope (even with vacation!) to drop another three pounds this month.
  • mbaugh0265
    mbaugh0265 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the group. I had a "real life" accountability group that has fallen apart, so I'm coming here for support. I'm not really attempting to lose numbers on the scale, I prefer to look at myself in the mirror and judge that way. I still weigh myself on occasion.

Height: 5'3"
    Current Weight: 142.5
    Goal Weight: ~140

My March goal is to exercise more regularly. I work full-time, go to school, have three kids and a husband! So I don't have time for exercise, sadly. If I could get just get 15 minutes in 3-4 times per week, I would be much happier. I have a gym at my work, and I love to run. It's too cold where I live to run outside right now, and treadmills are booooring. Sorry for blabbing; looking forward to inspiration!!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    March is going to be tough, as there is a LOT of traveling on my calendar, BUT, my new meal delivery service also kicks off today with my first delivery,

What delivery service are you doing?

I'm giving Freshly a try. I wanted pre-cooked as part of my aversion is getting into the kitchen and cooking - not because of "me" but because I live with 3 other roommates (4 adults total) and trying to cook is a PITA - tripping over other people, my space is downstairs, kitchen is all upstairs, having to IMMEDIATELY wash everything I use....I may go with something more like Gobble once I have my own place again, but in the meantime, it's been eating out/delivery or - well, eating out or delivery LOL. Even simple meals are annoying to make with all of the above, plus they get REALLY boring after awhile! Sharing the fridge with that many people is also a bit of an issue, so having to grocery shop every week or multiple times a week was getting very old. #firstworlproblems I know....
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'0"
    Starting weight: 156
    Ultimate goal: Around 110-115 lbs
    March goal: <118 lbs
    Current Weight: 119.3 (t:119.5)

Week of...
    March 1: 119.3lbs (t:119.5)
    March 8:
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 29:
    March 31:
  • annepan001
    annepan001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5'2" tall, 58 years old.
    HW: 160 (June 2016)
    Ultimate GW: 119 to 120lb (I think ... will see when I get there?!)

January 1st: 131 lb
    January 30th: 127.2
    Feb 27th: 122.0
    March 6th: 121.0
    March 31st GW: 119lb

Had two strength workouts in the gym this week, plus a couple of better 5K runs (fastest for 4 months :) and a few yoga sessions and 3-4 mile walks. No trips to A&E thank goodness but my GP has called me in for blood tests tomorrow, so I'm hoping the fasting and weight loss will show up as some positive changes in my blood. 800 cal fast day today, then off to celebrate my nephew's 18th birthday over the long weekend, where my control over my food options will be rather limited. Will try to keep the yoga going, and take my running shoes too!
  • annepan001
    annepan001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HW: 176
    CW: 158.5
    Height: 5'8"
    March goal: 156.5
    Ultimate goal weight: 153

March 4: 158.5
    March 11:
    March 18:
    March 25:

I only gained a half pound since I last tracked in January. I'm switching to posting on Mondays to try to force myself to eat better over the weekends. If anyone has any suggestions on how to avoid eating out over the weekend I'd love to hear it. I always have enough food in the fridge, my husband just loves eating out while we're off work and gets kinda sad when we don't. Of course I love it too, but it's making me fat and the bill adds up too :/

Rather than avoiding eating out, why not just aim to choose meals that fit in better with your goals? I love to eat out too, and have become a bit better at not launching straight into the highest sugar/wheat/deep fried fat options - though admittedly this only works when you have some good restaurant options available! I have two top faves near me, which I visit almost exclusively. Both use good ingredients (one is organic and fabulous!), really know how to cook veg, which is a rarity in Scotland, and have beautiful flavours. When I'm in a strange place with more standard food options I usually ask for more veg or salad and few chips - though it's more likely to work if I say NO chips, as they seem incapable of giving me just half a dozen as a wee taster! Having two starters instead of a starter and a main works well too in portion control. And beware desserts ... unless it's a french restaurant, where I find it impossible to resist them :wink:
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    HW: ~163
    CW: 151.4 (Actual) 150.5 (Trend) as of 3/1/19
    GW: 128-132
    March Goal: Get back into the 14X.x's

Mar 6: 148.6 (Actual) 150.3 (Trend)
    Mar 13:
    Mar 20
    Mar 27: