Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    My favorite day, too!
    NSV’s:

... Making art fearlessly/enthusiastically daily!

(sighs wistfully and ever so slightly jealously .... )

that's a NSV I hope to be able to report SOME day .... but won't even start working on it until (maybe) Jan or Spring 2020.

By next month I WILL be reporting "making progress on Second Language Test practice fearlessly (for sure) / enthusiastically (kinda?) daily (needs to be part of new daily evening routine to make it stick)!"

One emotionally high-stress target goal at a time. And the SLE test has a work-related time-deadline that breaking creativity mental-blocks does not.

===============
    THIS month's NSV report ....

I bought BRAND NEW CLOTHES THREE TIMES (so far) this month! Not "new to me" from thrift store.

Including a "deck-party casual" stretchy-material dress in a Medium. (snugger-fitting line than the size Small tops I bought earlier). I don't usually wear skirts ....

And after having three bags of clothes and dresser-drawer-stuff picked up for the donation drive last Monday, I have already started a new donation pile of "no point in mending / trying to alter" clothes from the overflowing mending basket. (The thrift store also accepts "unsellable" clothes so that the cloth is still re-purposed by their warehouse and kept out of landfills)

@BMcC9
    I hear you.
    When I was insanely busy like you, I thought “how can I use a couple of minutes each day to make art?”
    My answer: I moved a small table next to my bedside with
    One inch squares I cut from a small pad of watercolor paper
    A set of watercolor pencils. A water cup, and a small brush
    Small bottle glue
    A few pages from magazines
    Some markers
    A black stamp pad
    And a set of teensy stamps.
    Micron (waterproof pen)

Before going to work, I’d create a background on one “Inchie” - sometimes a square of magazine glued down
    - sometimes a watercolor wash
    - Sometimes marks with a micron pen or with teensy stamps

When I got gone from teaching, I’d add more to the one I began. Marks, collage, color, etc.

At bedtime, I’d look at the tiny piece of earth, and add a last finishing touch...

I kept them in a small box and loved laying them out & admiring them.

Later I got a coin collector’s or slide plastic pages to store them.

I even did some with fabric straps and sewing!

Gradually, over the years, they got bigger: backs of old business cards are awesome!

I Began to cut 2” squares

Then Zentangle...larger squares

To a 5x7” notebook

Fast forward : now I’m workin 12x17 or 15 x 22” I NEVER thought I’d do that!

I can.tell you are an artist! Find one tiny thing you can do to fan that flame 🔥
    EVEN when busy as heck!

Some possibilities:
    Make 5 marks on the newspaper
    Doodle for a minute in margins of your class notes
    Draw on shower walls with water solvable markers

😀
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 16k steps.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

As for NSV, one of my favorites is love noticed a spring in my step that means I am feeling fit. The second is a month ago I set s mini-goal of not eating any candy from the many candy dishes at work (one of which is in the office next to mine so I walk by it often), and over the last month I've only slipped once.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    My favorite day, too!
    NSV’s:

... Making art fearlessly/enthusiastically daily!

(sighs wistfully and ever so slightly jealously .... )

that's a NSV I hope to be able to report SOME day .... but won't even start working on it until (maybe) Jan or Spring 2020.

By next month I WILL be reporting "making progress on Second Language Test practice fearlessly (for sure) / enthusiastically (kinda?) daily (needs to be part of new daily evening routine to make it stick)!"

One emotionally high-stress target goal at a time. And the SLE test has a work-related time-deadline that breaking creativity mental-blocks does not.

===============
    THIS month's NSV report ....

I bought BRAND NEW CLOTHES THREE TIMES (so far) this month! Not "new to me" from thrift store.

Including a "deck-party casual" stretchy-material dress in a Medium. (snugger-fitting line than the size Small tops I bought earlier). I don't usually wear skirts ....

And after having three bags of clothes and dresser-drawer-stuff picked up for the donation drive last Monday, I have already started a new donation pile of "no point in mending / trying to alter" clothes from the overflowing mending basket. (The thrift store also accepts "unsellable" clothes so that the cloth is still re-purposed by their warehouse and kept out of landfills)

@BMcC9
    I hear you.
    When I was insanely busy like you, I thought “how can I use a couple of minutes each day to make art?”
    My answer: I moved a small table next to my bedside with
    One inch squares I cut from a small pad of watercolor paper
    A set of watercolor pencils. A water cup, and a small brush
    Small bottle glue
    A few pages from magazines
    Some markers
    A black stamp pad
    And a set of teensy stamps.
    Micron (waterproof pen)

Before going to work, I’d create a background on one “Inchie” - sometimes a square of magazine glued down
    - sometimes a watercolor wash
    - Sometimes marks with a micron pen or with teensy stamps

When I got gone from teaching, I’d add more to the one I began. Marks, collage, color, etc.

At bedtime, I’d look at the tiny piece of earth, and add a last finishing touch...

I kept them in a small box and loved laying them out & admiring them.

Later I got a coin collector’s or slide plastic pages to store them.

I even did some with fabric straps and sewing!

Gradually, over the years, they got bigger: backs of old business cards are awesome!

I Began to cut 2” squares

Then Zentangle...larger squares

To a 5x7” notebook

Fast forward : now I’m workin 12x17 or 15 x 22” I NEVER thought I’d do that!

I can.tell you are an artist! Find one tiny thing you can do to fan that flame 🔥
    EVEN when busy as heck!

Some possibilities:
    Make 5 marks on the newspaper
    Doodle for a minute in margins of your class notes
    Draw on shower walls with water solvable markers

😀

Thank you SOOOOO much for the "start with 1-inch squares' ideas! Maybe I WON'T have to wait till after the fall after all!!

I'll work out how to work that kinda-thing into the daily-routine schedule that has to be re-tooled to fit an hour of French Review "games" most days by end of March anyway .......
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,108 Member
    Options
    trimi1104 wrote: »
    I'm taking a break from the challenge, currently cannot manage to keep up with it together with managing the injury and rehab. Hope to be back soon and wish everyone to be successful in your journeys. :heart:

It feels to you like u r not keeping up BUT to is you inspire.....,maybe consider staying for that??

Yes X 3
    LNS staying here when feel like quitting.....
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Recumbent bike, 20 minutes, 6.12 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Safe travels and see you in April, @w8goal4life!

I am able to go to social functions now and not even be in the food area. No temptations, no draw, nothing. My birthday was yesterday and a good friend in my small group brought an angel cake with sliced strawberries and whipped cream (very sweet since they know I'm eating healthier). They brought me a piece and sang "Happy birthday" and I was able to save that for today. Not even tempted to get into it at the gathering or at home. That is huge for me, a former food addict.

I'm going to try on a pair of pants one size smaller tomorrow. I haven't worn them since '14 or '15. I'll let you know what happens. B)

Happy birthday.
  • KLD145
    KLD145 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes all.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    Date: Fri, 15th:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, tried to burn off all my indiscretions on the treadmill for almost 3 episodes of MadMen
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Noooo! :( Pass day
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes!
  • Sunshinfit
    Sunshinfit Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Tracking- yes
    Calories- no
    Exercise- yes
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 I am SOOO happy you are back!!! Thank you so much! I've really missed you!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @trimi1104 You will be missed. We appreciate you so much. Heal and recover and come back to us when it's right for you.