LCHF for "Dummies"

Options
124»

Replies

• bugga814
    bugga814 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Would you be able to look at my calorie tracker and see if I am doing it right
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I bought the book and found it to be a very good read. I am going to follow his method & see what happens. I'm getting frustrated in my plateau and am looking for anything to get the fat rolling. Hopefully this plan will make something happen. Need to get my insulin level down.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    @bugga814 Add a chicken breast and you would be in decent shape for the day.
  • bugga814
    Options
    Thank you qweck3
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    bugga814 wrote: »
    I don't understand the balance of calories protein fat and carbs I set carbs at 25 % not getting enough calories but I feel great

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was stuck on the app only, and it will not let me cut and paste links or anything useful. :confused:

All this discussion in the thread can be a little over the head for some. Maybe not for newbies, then.

Try the articles I wrote here: FAQs and General Low Carb Info
    Begin with the first one: What Is Low-Carb? It gives an overview of all of low-carb. From there you can choose which version suits your needs better.

Low-carb at it's base is this:
    • Carbs are a ceiling in grams (depending on your chosen level.)
    • Protein is a range in grams based upon your height weight and activity level.
    • Fill in the rest of your intake with fat.

Also:
    You have increased salt needs the lower your carbs are, and drink enough water.

I never do macro percentages. By their nature, they change as your calories change. So it's exact meaning is different to different people as their needs/goals are all different. So you saying that your carbs are at 25% doesn't really tell us anything as we don't know your total goal. Use the article to pick your carb ceiling and calculate your intake based on that. Keto calculators, even if you don't decide to do keto, can help you figure out how many grams your protein should be once you input a few variables.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • bugga814
    Options
    Thank you I will look at this 👍
  • bugga814
    Options
    I found a app that I think is going to work my total carbs 44 net 19