Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Also, my baby had to get glasses and he's the cutest thing. But don't tell him he's cute, he doesn't like it because he's 4 and he's too big to be cute.
    cjxr64u992bd.jpg

Definitely pulling off that Peter Parker look! Smart and strong 😏

ETA glad to see you back (a bit)!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I did not do great with evening snacking last night, sigh. I think I either need supper as soon as I get home, or I have to make good snacking choices (fruit or veggies).

I'm running home from work today. I just need to swap jeans for tights and change my shoes. I'm still feeling super stressed at work but it's slowly improving. I think I may be dealing with anxiety. Probably should go to my GP to make sure it's not something else. And I need to book an appointment to have my IUD replaced.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @sarahthes it's good to see you back. I hate to tell your son this, but he's very cute with those glasses!

Between the craziness at work (which screws up my eating) and having my son and his girlfriend stay with us, and all the eating and drinking that entails, my scale has been trending up and erasing my gains. Now he's gone and hopefully all that gain is water weight and will drop now that I can eat better.

Last night I made some Chicken Biryani in the IP with a jar of biryani past from Aldi. It's very good, but pungent and I'm not sure if I'll be allowed in bed after eating it. I wonder how my coworkers would take it if I packaged it up for work lunches.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - you just need to make sure your DW has some too then it won't be an issue!
    @sarahthes - Welcome back - I have missed you! The word adorable is what came to my mind when I looked at the picture. Pretty sure he would not like it any better than cute though! I hope you can resolve the stress and anxiety soon. That is one aspect of my job that I do not miss at all!

I have done ok the last few days eating... Except not getting enough calories over the weekend... 1375 on Saturday after my 7 mile run and only 1100 on Sunday. I tried to do better yesterday and got up to 1550 but I really need to be hitting closer to 1800 on running days and 1500 on non-running days. I guess this is why I wake up so hungry.
  • sarahthes
    Options
    Under on calories today but ate a reasonable amount of food. Of course now the MFP app won't talk to the website LOL.

@7lenny7 if you brought that into my office kitchen everybody would be lined up to try some.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I’m am finally eating a bit better. Dh is gone so there’s no temptation to eat fast food, (he’s been an enabler), I did eat like 10 small cookies yesterday though. After surgery my weight went up and came back below pre surgery weight but now seems to be lining back out just above pre-op weight. I need to be mindful that I can’t eat crap food all for the sake of “healing”. I haven’t heard back on the swimming, and I need to go cancel my planet fitness membership... I might be able to trick myself into doing some “swimming”, (walking in the pool). I might find my pool shorts so my fresh scar doesn’t scare all the old ladies. I hope the fit.

Dd made chicken tortilla soup and I added fresh mozzarella to mine instead of the traditional jack. I think I like it better that way. We bought a pork tenderloin to make pork and beans with pintos... mmm I am so lucky dd likes to cook, er is good at it. We did her dna and she has 8-10% Italian, so I told her that must be where she gets her cooking skills from. I surely have not passed that on to her. I’m kinda helpless when it comes to cooking. But when they were little I did cook more. So meh. I’ll take a tiny bit of credit... 😉

Post-op life is slowly returning to normal. No naps for 4-5 days now. Guess I can start some self rehab, course work, catching up on reading and studying... maybe a chore here or there.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    What are we eating today?
  • sarahthes
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Breakfast: takeout

Lunch: takeout

Supper: ??? Plants (since veg will be lacking the rest of the day)

I have these cheese/nut/dried cranberries packets for a late afternoon snack so I can run home and not bonk on the way.

Should be okay for calories despite all the takeout as long as I don't binge in the evening. And I was within 100 calories of goal yesterday too.

I'm already tired of feeling hungry, but I've also got no desire to binge or eat my anxieties away. I'm eating enough food (1900 - 2200 calories). It's just less than I was eating before.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Cottage cheese
    Protein pancakes
    Tacos for dinner? Not sure yet.

I just got done eating my way through NYC last weekend.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Breakfast - 359 calories
    Coffee
    3 scrambled eggs with sauteed onions, green peppers, yellow peppers, baby bella mushrooms, spinach and blue cheese. Sauteed in bacon grease. I think I like feta cheese in my eggs over blue.

Lunch - 505 calories
    Raw carrots & hummus
    2 hard boiled eggs with Sriracha sauce
    2 oz blackberries
    3.5 oz strawberries
    1 small spoonful chunky peanut butter

Supper - calories unknown
    probably chicken fajitas from the local butcher shop, without a tortilla.
    brocolli, steamed
    blackberries

More if I get out for a run or walk. If I can stick to that I'll be in good shape.

My wife isn't interested in eating my biryani chicken so I guess I'll package up the rest and freeze it for lunches next week. No idea what the calories are but it's all good stuff when poured over brown rice.
  • shanaber
    Options
    Breakfast was Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and granola. Plan to make a salad, maybe with quinoa and chicken for lunch... Dinner is TBD. I need to see what we have but probably chicken again.
    I got a recipe from a friend to make IP chicken taco bowls. It looks delicious so I may make that over the weekend.
    @elise4270 - I have a great recipe for pork carnitas in the IP using OJ for the liquid that I use with a tenderloin.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @shanaber I suggested the IP. Dd declined. Said she wanted to season and sear it and bake it... “okay, your the expert. I’m just eating”. Or maybe she was gonna put in the slow cooker... Maybe the beans were slow cooker... I’ve done it in the crock pot with oj, I like it!
  • sarahthes
    Options
    Takeout lunch was a falafel wrap from a local Lebanese restaurant. Yum! Total guess on calories, I figure around 600.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I had the left over chicken tortilla soup with more mozzarella. Then ate halo ice cram and a handFULL of cookies with it (not really “hand” because I grab and throw them in my gimpy bag and haul them back to the couch). Because lemon cookie ice cream sounded better than plain lemon. I’m felling a bit squishy... ya know how you touch a spot and are like “oh that’s extra soft”... uh.. I have a few of those places.. I didn’t do bad today. Dd cooked the pork tenderloin, but I wasn’t hungry enough to have some. It’ll be there tomorrow.

Do better tomorrow.
  • shanaber
    Options
    Mmmm falafel @sarahthes! I always think I will get falafel when we go out for Mediterranean and end up getting a kabob or something else yummy. One of these days I am just going to plan for falafel and get it. I always love it when I do!
    @elise4270 - not sure you could get 'squishy' in a week but maybe if you are feeling up to it you could do some arm weights like shoulder press or chest press or maybe some crunches for your abs? I am pretty sure tenderloin cooked pretty much anyway is gonna be delicious. It just is...

Today is DH's birthday so I am planning for a bigger than usual dinner. We are going out to his favorite steak house and he ordered himself a chocolate cake from the Cuban bakery. Apparently he has had his eye on it for a while. I offered to make him a cake but he really wanted this particular one. I am just hoping it isn't huge since there is just the 2 of us. his brother and SIL are coming to dinner but probably won't eat any cake.
  • Elise4270
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Happy birthday to @shanaber 's DH!!! I was just thinking about some cake...

I'ma pass on any exercise (except maybe the pool), for now. My hip is still very cranky, achey, catchy and i dont have great ROM just yet. Even sitting up is done very cautiously. My edit option went away too until i hit refresh a few times.

ETA ya im squishy-er in two weeks... Im already seeing atrophy in my leg.
    sjih8vxfw9nd.jpg
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Weekend food plans?

Dh is home. So I get take out breakfast. Sounds like rain today, so maybe we’ll (erm, anyone but me) will cook something. I’m head over to cathart about .... life. Food is uninteresting today.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I had a challenging food week last week. This time of year all my old school friends meet up for a con, and we went out several times - family style Chinese, BBQ twice, burgers, sushi - plus I missed a run. Still theoretically under my calorie goal but only because MFP is giving me wildly overestimated burns, probably in a surplus. This week has been a little better, but now I’ve got a cold (probably from hanging with all those out of town people) which means I need to cut back on working out for a few days.

I did manage to get some prep done, made a bunch of roasted chicken, pork loin, and turkey black bean pumpkin chili. Roasted some root veggies. I’ve been eating frozen berries instead of dessert, it’s working for me.
  • shanaber
    edited March 2019
    Options
    The birthday cake was amazing... Just going to leave it here for you all to enjoy :smile:
    e3yfjljki5re.jpeg
  • Elise4270
    Options
    Yum.....(gets big plate and fork)...