Weigh In Mon 25th - Sun 31st March

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
edited March 2019 in Social Groups
Please check you are posting in the correct week.

If you are new, please check out Page 1 of the Intro/FAQ thread

Feel free to drop into the General Chat thread for chat weight loss and general stuff.

and for newbs you can find the monthly progress reports here showing month to month weight variance and your progress from start weight to goal (where info has been given in your posts).

Replies

• IM_in_training
    IM_in_training Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SW: 213.2 lb (Feb. 9, 2019)
    GW: 180.0 lb
    LW: 209.4 lb (Mar. 18, 2019)
    TW: 207.2 lb (Mar. 25, 2019)
    OL: 6.0 lb

Not feeling well this week. Plowing forward, though.
  • thelandkraken
    thelandkraken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    SW: 300 lb (Feb 1st)
    GW: 140 lb
    LW: 291.5 lb
    TW: 290.5 lb
    OL: 9.5 lb
  • amskinner87
    amskinner87 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    SW: 201lb (01 Jan 19)
    GW: 140lb
    LW: 182lb
    CW: 178.8 (-3.2lb)
    OL: 22.2lb

I must have lost this fat previously and been holding on to water weight as my deficit is defo not more than 1lb per week at the moment.

But it's really lovely to see the numbers go down. At 178 I will no longer be obese and I'm going to treat myself by getting a bag of clothes out of the attic and doing a try on sesh. Most of them won't fit still but I'll film it so that I can feel awesome when they do fit later on.

Does anyone else struggle with the dichotomy of feeling very proud of their weight loss but also feeling frustrated that they are still so fat? I struggle to accept compliments because I know that I am still so big even if relatively I'm smaller than I was. I know this is an unhelpful mindset, but I can't seem to shift it.
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Another week for Wobble. Trust you are all well and that the scales are being kind to you (or if not they are broken)

For me, this week has been a bit mixed food wise - fudge is very nice really, exercise went slightly off the boil due to other commitments but on the whole I have been sticking with the programme (note the extra "me" there). Yesterday morning I was lighter but as today is my weigh in day and so after 3 attempts on the scales to push that 1/2 lb away (I round up at present - that may change at some point....) here goes....

SW 221
    GW189
    LW 213
    TW 211
    OL 10

So on the whole happy with that - next milestone will be to get below 15 stone (210) but as I am off on holiday at the end of the week, this event may take a bit longer than planned but at least my fat will be bronzed....

Have a good week all and stay safe

W
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    SW: 170lb (28th Nov 2018)
    TW: 154lbs (27th March 2018)
    GW: 126lbs

Total weight loss 16lbs

Not happy to be 0.6lbs up this week - I've kept under calories all week
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Does anyone else struggle with the dichotomy of feeling very proud of their weight loss but also feeling frustrated that they are still so fat? I struggle to accept compliments because I know that I am still so big even if relatively I'm smaller than I was. I know this is an unhelpful mindset, but I can't seem to shift it.

Constantly. Not helped by the fact that many of my friends have a default greeting of "wow you look good girl, did you lose more weight" even when I haven't (currently 10lbs above my lowest weight in recent years, but 20lbs lower than my highest)
  • IM_in_training
    IM_in_training Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Constantly. Not helped by the fact that many of my friends have a default greeting of "wow you look good girl, did you lose more weight" even when I haven't (currently 10lbs above my lowest weight in recent years, but 20lbs lower than my highest)

With the amount of exercise that you do, Ang, you may not be losing weight, but I'm guessing you are becoming more toned (muscle vs fat). That DOES show. Think of that the next time you are complimented...x
  • emma013
    emma013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SW: 191.6 (1/8/2019)
    GW: 145
    LW:
    TW: 179.2
    OL: 12.4

I'm back! I don't have a scale at home, so I can only weigh myself at the gym. Due to spring break, group projects, and finishing my internship applications I haven't been to my Wednesday fitness class in 4 weeks!! I've pretty much maintained my weight the past 4 weeks which is shocking, but I'm excited to get back on the wagon!
  • rachelatlas1
    rachelatlas1 Posts: 64 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    After my plateau last week, even with being under 1100-1200 calories daily, I was bummed. Like do I really have to eat 1000 calories daily for the rest of my life to look good?! I ate right but bigger portions this weekend, and I was up 3 lbs by Monday!
    Still under my calories!

Sooo... today’s numbers are:
    SW: 162 lbs
    GW: 113 lbs
    LW: 129.6 lbs
    TW: 128.8 lbs (-0.8 lb)
    OL: 33.2 lbs ⬇️

My lowest yet so despite a small loss, I’ll take it!
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

With the amount of exercise that you do, Ang, you may not be losing weight, but I'm guessing you are becoming more toned (muscle vs fat). That DOES show. Think of that the next time you are complimented...x

Nope, sadly it doesn't work like that, exercise alone doesn't make for more muscle in women. You'd need to be in a consistent surplus and doing a progressive lifting program, I can see in my progress photos the backslide in body composition, they are just trying to be polite. I'm still proud of what I have achieved but miffed with myself for not doing better.

I decided today I am going to take a break from food logging for a while to try and get my head back in the game. Not a diet break as such, will still continue to monitor my trendweight, but a break from the food logging as give or take a few days I've been logging for over 2 years now.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    SW (1st Dec 2016): 255.7lbs
    SW (1st Dec 2018): 229.3lbs
    Weigh In Info
    LW: 234.7lbs (Trend)/234.4lbs (Actual)
    TW: 236.3lbs (Trend)/238.0lbs (Actual)
    Variance: +1.6lbs

Binged often the last few days. As mentioned above going to give myself a break from food logging. Think my head needs a rest from it, just going to stick to basics of trying to eat a little less and move a little more whilst monitoring my trendweight. I have a pretty good appreciation for calorie and macros now after 2 years of logging, so I am confident that if I am honest with myself I can eat a bit more intuitively.
  • caninetrix
    caninetrix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    SW: 205.6
    GW: 130
    LW: 204.6
    TW: 205.0
    OL: -0.6

It’s taking me some time getting myself to stay on the right track all week long. Hoping for a better week coming up.
  • wobblemcwobbleface
    wobblemcwobbleface Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    tinkerbellang83

You sound like you need a bit of a break here - I think so much of everything we try to do is mental (we blame ourselves, set high expectations and put a lot of pressure on ourselves) and you sound like you are very strong to have been sticking with this for 2 years but also you need to be a bit kinder to yourself here and have that break and reset.

I do Tai Chi every week (tonight in fact) and think this is great for just slowing down and zoning out, it is harder than you think, gentle and calming so a good all round change really - I think our lives are all too busy and stressful and we need to look after our heads as well as our waist lines

enjoy your break, soak up some spring sunshine, be kind to yourself and keep smiling

W

• _j4de_
    _j4de_ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    SW 168.75
    GW 133.00
    LW 133.25
    TW 136.50

Gained this week - 3.25lb

Morning all, back from hols with a 3.25lb gain. Not at all disappointed in that, I ate like food was going out of fashion. But I also exercised every day, the bonus of visiting family is that you can keep up some semblance of a routine! Already that sunshine feels so far away :(

Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    SW: 304
    GW: 170
    LW: 272
    TW: 270.8
  • MegansMom2011
    MegansMom2011 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Y1 SW 194 lbs 2/12/17
    Y2 SW 179 lbs 1/4/18
    Y3 SW 150 lbs 1/1/19
    GW 125 lbs
    LW 148.6 lbs 3/22/19
    CW 146.4 lbs 3/29/19 (-2.2 lbs)

Total weight loss: -47.6 lbs!

I'm really happy to see this weight loss. And I'm hoping this will continue, because I adjusted my goals in MFP and so far it seems to be working. I'm working hard at getting in my steps each day, and am planning to challenge myself to get 75 miles walked in the month of April, in addition to other exercises. Spring is here, so should become easier to get outside and move more, with family walks and runs. Still hoping to be at 145 by April but that's likely not gonna happen, unless I'm retaining a lot of water somewhere. Still, not giving up! Have a great week all!!!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    New to the group starting out at 179. My goal for right now is 160. This doesn’t sound like a lot but I have not lost weight in at least 10 years although I have been on a constant “diet “
  • tonadayuu
    tonadayuu Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW: 70.4 kg/155.2 lbs (November 2018)
    GW: 55 kg/~121 lbs
    LW: 64.2 kg/141.5 lbs
    TW: 65.1 kg/143.5(+0.9 kg/+2 lbs)
    Overall Loss: 5.3 kg/11.7 lbs

I woke up with sore shoulders and arms today (was carrying something heavy for quite a bit of time yesterday) so not much surprise on the gain here. I also haven't been at a deficit for the past week. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 0NewLifeWhoDis0
    0NewLifeWhoDis0 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    SW: 216.8 lbs
    GW: 150-140 lbs
    LW: 209.2 lbs
    TW: 206.4 lbs (TOM)
    OL: 10.4 lbs
This discussion has been closed.