Excess skin removal

124»

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    edited December 2018
    I’m sorry you’ve had so many complications!! Sending you prayers for continued healing and full recovery!!
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    I’ve just had a revision of the tummy and an inner thigh lift. The surgery was yesterday and I’m still in the hospital. So far so good. I’ve got up and walked and only took pain meds twice.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    @Wonderwomanvik, sending you all the positive vibes, and prayers, that can possibly be sent in this “Virtual world”, for your recovery to go as easily as possible!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    I’ve just had a revision of the tummy and an inner thigh lift. The surgery was yesterday and I’m still in the hospital. So far so good. I’ve got up and walked and only took pain meds twice.

Wishing you a quick recovery
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Thank you
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Wonderwoman Wow you have been through a lot over the past year. Was the tumor from your leg removed during the inner thigh lift? Am hoping you are recovering without any complications.
    Just to fill you all in on my progress
    I did have my 2nd surgery a Brachioplasty in March of 2018. Had complications and had to have another surgery within less than 12 hours of the first one. Spent 4 days in the hospital and 7 weeks recovering. IMHO the Dr did not remove enough skin, so I feel I still cannot go sleeveless. In Dec of 2018I had my hernia repair and Panni removed he took away 10 pounds of excess. spent 1 night in the hospital and had 2 drains which were taken out 12 days later. This recovery was easier than the arms. It feels great not to have that 10-pound bowling ball sitting in my lap. However, now I have a terrible muffin top.
    1 week ago got I got approval for hip and butt excess skin removal. We are looking to have that surgery in late May. I still am about 50 pounds from my goal as I had gained some weight during these last 2 surgeries and not being able to ride my bike or exercise like I want to. Am trying to get down during these next 8 weeks so I can be lighter when I go in for this surgery.

Did you need any excess skin removed from your hips and butt? Has anyone reading this thread had that surgery? Do not know what to expect and any suggestions would be appreciated. How am I going to be able to sit on my butt or do I have to lay on my tummy during recovery? How long was recovery? etc.