WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,194 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/6~6,863, watch died or would have been more, im bad about forgetting to put it on the charger.

chargers are so annoying. I just had to order a whole new earbud thingy because I lost the case, which is also the charger. Sigh. Your steps are usually amazing, so this just makes you seem like more human!! Charge that thing up, and we'll know you are superhuman again.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,767 Member
    Options
    April : Step challenge
    4/1/19-16,121
    4/2/-16,201
    4/3/-16,147
    4/4/-17,210
    4/5. -14,806
    4/6-10,300
    4/7/-10,359
  • jugar
    Options
    Go back and read the end of page 9 and join the crazy baseball team. It'll be fun.
  • sue_01
    Options

1. @jugar
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    leni1us wrote: »
    Username: leni1us
    April, Week 1
    Weigh in Day, Friday
    PW: 163.0
    CW: 162.6

My vacation has definitely set me back a ways. I really want to get to 155 by months's end. That's just 7 lbs.. I think I'd doing everything right but the weight either climbs a pound, creeps down .5 pound or stays put. My calories are under or at goal everyday and I'm exercising 2 - 3 times a week. I know my water intake is dismal (24 to 32 oz a day). Can water really make THAT much of a difference? It feels like two steps forward, one step back. I don't seem to be making much progress. I think I need to do something differently - I guess, increasing my water would be one.

Step Count 4/4 - 10,704

It is all a grand experiment on yourself. I found that every time I eat grains, especially flour, I put on weight immediately, no matter if the total calories are under. I can eat plenty of carbs from vegetables, legumes (beans) or fruit, but grains and I do not mix well. I still eat them sometimes, but I know that they have an immediate stalling effect.

For some people it is grains, for some it might be something else. I did the somewhat painful but really revealing Whole 30 experiment. I can NOT eat that much animal protein, not ever. But the experiment of eliminating all dairy, grains, legumes, sugars, alcohol and only eating protein, fats (except trans) and vegetables for 30 days and then re-introducing things one at a time really showed me several things. First, that it was WAY too much animal protein and that set my digestion into a real tizzy. Second, that the most important thing for me to re-introduce first was legumes. Third, that grains were NOT making me feel well at all. That surprised me. When I re-introduced grains, and they were healthy whole grains, my heart rate went way up for at least an hour every time I ate them. And I held more weight whenever I ate them. So even though I really hated the month on whole 30, I learned a lot. Since then, I continue to eat fish and yogurt (non-fat that I make myself) as my only animal proteins. I avoid grain most of the time. I eat more legumes and love them to pieces. About 80 percent of every plate is vegetables. I eat fruit every day as well, but not as much. I eat much less fat than the trendy diets, but still feel I get a satisfying amount of it.

So keep experimenting. When you gain or do not lose, you have learned something. Track everything and see what works and what doesn't. Feel your heart rate, survey your digestion, and see how things change. Your tastes will change too - even though there are some terrible nose-dives from time to time along the way! You are starting to ask the right questions. Start with water but don't stop there.

Great advice! I will keep experimenting to see what works for me.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry, here's April 5 - 9,814 and April 6 - 12,004.

I think my battery died on 3/31. It spent to day in the charger.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I’ll be on the baseball team. It may be the motivation I need to up my game and get me to Onederland in the next two weeks.
  • jugar
    Options
    Baseball Team

1. @jugar
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @micki48
  • Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Baseball Team

1. @jugar
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @micki48

I am doing a relay next week. I can participate.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,265 Member
    Options
    Baseball Team

1. @jugar
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @micki48

I'd love to be the 6th!!
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/7 - 10219
    4/8 -
    4/9 -
    4/10 -
    4/11 -
    4/12 -
    4/12 -
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I WILL PUT A LINK ON THE F2F HOMEPAGE LATER TODAY FOR THE SCORE CARD...
    POST SURGERY CONSULT TODAY AND A PCP APPOINTMENT
    SO I AM IN TOWN ALL DAY
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,424 Member
    Options
    Motivation Monday - something from my "helped me" archive. (not original to me)

Emotion FOLLOWS Motion.
    (Action comes first and feeds Motivation - not the other way around) If you wait till you "feel like it" to start, you often never start.

============
    "Motivation follows action (not the other way around). If you wait till you "feel like it" to start, you often never start.

I was introduced to this as "emotion follows motion".

Put a tight time limit (like 5-10 minutes) on a small task you have been putting off and feel would be hard or tedious. If the time expires and you do not feel like continuing, stop. If it was a big task, break it down into a first step that would take 10 mins or less.

More often than not, once to start the task, you "get into it" and motivation turns up to help you continue or even complete the task.

This could be something simple like cleaning your desk/bathroom/etc.. , going for a walk/run/doing exercise, practicing an instrument, reading a book, writing a letter or even reading/posting on an MFP forum."
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    ============
    "Motivation follows action (not the other way around). If you wait till you "feel like it" to start, you often never start.

So true! I've never thought of it this way but that's exactly how I work! I'll remind myself of this next time I push something off...
  • jugar
    Options
    The Baseball Team is now full! If there are others interested, we probably should keep a short list of subs - I'll check with the Mod Squad how that might work. I'll keep you posted on the beginning of the game!

So all you have to do is report your exercise DAILY. Steps and/or minutes of intentional exercise. I'm going to go check out the score card and other fun things. I'll repost the chart of what exercise is = what shortly.

1. @jugar
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • jugar
    Options
    OK, baseball team - here are the rules.
    • If you do a rest day, you must declare it in advance (just post here that your next day is a rest day). Then I'll score it as a "BUNT". If you miss without advance notice it's a strike out!
    • The batting order is the order we all signed up. It doesn't really matter to you as you post your results for the day - I just count them in that order to figure out how many runs we got each day.
    • Please post EVERY DAY. Motivate your team! Push the members ahead of you around the bases!
    How to score:
    STEPPING
    7,500 STEPS= SINGLE
    10,000 steps = DOUBLE
    15,000 steps = TRIPLE
    20,000 STEPS = HOME RUN
    WORKOUTS
    30 MIN workout = single
    45 MIN workout = double
    60 MIN workout = triple
    120 MIN WORKOUT = HOME RUN

BUNT = REST DAY
    GRAND SLAM = ALL BASES LOADED - THEN THE NEXT BATTER HITS THE HOME RUN IN EITHER CATERGORY
    STRIKE OUT = DO NOTHING FOR THAT DAY….. UNLESS IT HAS BEEN DECLARED A REST DAY PRIOR TO YOU BATTING ROTATION FOR THAT DAY OR HAS SET UP IN ADVANCE WITH THE UMPIRE @NAVYDADDJTC

Let's have a blast! I don't know about you, but some inspiration to get the workout done every day is needed. It is grey and icy out, I don' wanna, and I need to get to it!
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Motivation Monday - something from my "helped me" archive. (not original to me)

Emotion FOLLOWS Motion.
    (Action comes first and feeds Motivation - not the other way around) If you wait till you "feel like it" to start, you often never start.

============

I was introduced to this as "emotion follows motion".

Put a tight time limit (like 5-10 minutes) on a small task you have been putting off and feel would be hard or tedious. If the time expires and you do not feel like continuing, stop. If it was a big task, break it down into a first step that would take 10 mins or less.

More often than not, once to start the task, you "get into it" and motivation turns up to help you continue or even complete the task.

This could be something simple like cleaning your desk/bathroom/etc.. , going for a walk/run/doing exercise, practicing an instrument, reading a book, writing a letter or even reading/posting on an MFP forum."

This reminder could not come at a better time. I really like the tight time limit and identifying tasks I have been putting off. There are a few things I have been really lagging on, and this will help. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    HOUSEKEEPING!

Sorry to barrage the list with messages, but today is weigh-in day for:

@reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

Thanks!
  • sue_01
    Options
    Love the baseball season it is 10:00 am, up to 7,595 steps -2.76miles. going for continued walk.
  • jugar
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    Love the baseball season it is 10:00 am, up to 7,595 steps -2.76miles. going for continued walk.

YESS! And I'm heading off into a sweat sesh hoping to start things off with a double.
This discussion has been closed.