WAIST AWAYS - April 2019

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
WELCOME WAIST AWAYS!!

This chat room provides a place for the CHALLENGERS to meet and chat about the challenge, discuss any issues, post comments, share ideas, etc...

We are beginning the April Challenge - We have six (6) teams returning this month!!

Our group and team leaders for the April Challenge are as follows:

Our Moderators;
Steve - @steplaj (Group Owner, Moderator)
Greg - @Navydaddjtc (Moderator)
Becky - @Beka3695 (Moderator)

Our Team Captains
Team Workout Warriors - @Navydaddjtc , @MelissaFeagins and @steplaj
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @Kres567
Team Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cyndiesstuff
Team WaistAways - @BMcC9 and @jugar
Team Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Team Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @Beka3695

Our Motivators
Team Workout Warriors - @navydaddjtc
Team Mission Slimpossibles - @tess5036 and @Kres567
Team WaistAways - OPEN
Team Weight No More - @ihp2015 and @Mrsbell8well
Team Trimstones - @angmarie28
Team Shrinking Assets - @KelGen02

Captain’s responsibilities include:
* Entering weights for your team into the spreadsheet.
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Post daily / weekly challenges and topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Remind your challengers to enter their weights on time by tagging them or messaging them when they are pending.
* Answering any questions that may come up about challenges, weigh-ins, the spreadsheets etc.

Motivator’s Responsibilities include:
* Be active in team discussions, encouraging and supporting the challengers as they post.
* Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions.
* Participate in team discussions encouraging team participation.
* Help remind challengers when they are due to post (and especially when overdue to post) weights.
* Encourage participation in the moderators challenge and in the weekly team challenges.
* Coordinate with your awesome team captains to see if they can use any assistance or if they have any specific tasks they feel you can assist with.

F2F-WLC CHALLENGES:
- - WEEKLY GROUP CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by teams for the entire group)
- - MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE (Challenges hosted by the moderators of the group)
- - INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES (Challenges within teams themselves)

Team Weekly challenges will be announced in later communications

(Note:The team order for challenges follows the team order in the group standing sheet on the spreadsheets)

HOW OUR CHALLENGES WORK:
We have 4 total possible challenges and NONE are mandatory. Our challengers can do none or all it's up to them. So we have...

The F2F Weekly TEAM Challenge - posted each week on Sunday in the announcements by the team who is assigned that particular week (see above for your week). This is for the F2F Group as a whole.

F2F Moderators Challenge/Topic of the week - This challenge is provided each week in the announcements area. One of the moderators will either provide a challenge that will involve anything fitness, health, and nutrition.

Individual Team challenges - these are challenge done within your own team. You can chose daily, weekly, or monthly challenges (weekly seems to work best). You can make this whatever you wish as long as it's health and fitness related.

Note: If for some reason your team is unable to provide the weekly challenge please let me know ahead of time so another team can take your place or so I can provide the challenge.

Good Luck Teams: Please let us know if there is anything wrong or if you notice something that needs to be fixed or modified. Everything seems ready to go for APRIL. Registrations are almost done and we have quite a few new challengers. Make sure you are going into your new team threads to welcome anyone who has started posting. Let’s make our newbies feel welcome and show them some F2F love!!

THANKS, YOUR MODS

Replies

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hi new to the group. I registered and was placed with this group. I am not sure if this is where you do the introductions (found it in your March posts). My name is Jennifer and I do best with the challenges and groups for tracking and being accountable for my weight loss. I am from PA 52 and 5"1.5" (claim I am 5'2"). I enjoy getting to know everyone and learning some new ideas. I have done very well since starting over Feb lost 9.4lbs and March lost 10.6lbs. If this is not where I post just let me know, thanks. I plan on making 2019 the year I get healthy, and not continue starting over. I am in a much better place today then all the other times I swore I was going to lose the weight. Good Luck for a great April!
  • snowstormy8
    snowstormy8 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer! I'm new here as well so could be wrong too but saying hello to everyone still! I've been up and down on weight loss and I tend to burn out quickly if I don't get into some good habits. I'm hoping something to keep me accountable will help to get over that initial hump I always struggle with. I want so badly to go home next Christmas with at least a noticeable difference!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Welcome Jennifer and all new and returning team members!

I am Liselyn (aka @jugar ) and I am one of the team co-captains. I generally try to keep track of everyone, and make sure that your stats are up to date, that you're in there getting it done!

I live in Québec, out in the woods - a beautiful isolated place with (STILL) lots of snow. I am a musician, retired from being a university prof of music, and enjoying time to practice, go snowshoeing hiking and horseback riding, and generally stay strong and in good shape! I lost 35 pounds several years ago, and have been able to stay at a good weight ever since. Some months (like this one, dang it!) I get a bit over the maximum I allow for maintenance, and go back on the extra straight and narrow. You'll all help me stay there and I'll do the same for you!

This challenge and the 6 teams are a wonderful family - plenty of encouragement, a bit of sass, help when you stumble, and just good company. Off we go into April!

Housekeeping stuff:
    You weigh in here, just post a message ON the day you have chosen to weigh in. Put in your current weight as of that date, and I'll put it in the challenge spreadsheet. If you are curious to see that spreadsheet, check it out any time at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mn3iZQRYdPZnr_O7a1Cj34mh5g0Axlu3TEBlfeAwSwU/edit#gid=0
    The tabs to access each team's stats are at the bottom.
  • jlbtnc
    Options
    Thank you @jugar and hello to you and @snowstormy8. I am in several challenges and a couple groups working on tracking and being accountable for your weight loss and activities. I look forward learning some new things. I tend to start out strong in my weight journey and fizzle out then but I know I can stay motivated with the challanges and groups. Good luck to everyone on your journey!

• jugar
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Thank you @jugar and hello to you and @snowstormy8. I am in several challenges and a couple groups working on tracking and being accountable for your weight loss and activities. I look forward learning some new things. I tend to start out strong in my weight journey and fizzle out then but I know I can stay motivated with the challanges and groups. Good luck to everyone on your journey!

I think everyone can relate to the enthusiastic beginning followed by fizzle - and you're right that groups and challenges can help make the fizzle end a lot quicker, and we learn to only fizzle in little bits and not let it become a full backslide. Changes take time to really settle in to stay. Glad you're with us!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    I am Sue, I live in Hamilton, ON. I have been married for 40 years, and have 2 grandchildren which I send off to school each day. I reached my goal until last year I found out I had a brain tumour, and Radiation all summer, I had to cancel my trip to California. But now I just need my MRI`s every six month. We will going back to California this July10. I lost my weight before
    I had surgery. With taking steroids twice, caused the weight gain, I made sure that I kept logging my food. I started watching what I eat, and exercising daily. I still keep in touch after six years with MFP friends.

🎊 Happy 6 Year Anniversary With MyFitnessPal!
  • jugar
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    I am Sue, I live in Hamilton, ON. I have been married for 40 years, and have 2 grandchildren which I send off to school each day. I reached my goal until last year I found out I had a brain tumour, and Radiation all summer, I had to cancel my trip to California. But now I just need my MRI`s every six month. We will going back to California this July10. I lost my weight before
    I had surgery. With taking steroids twice, caused the weight gain, I made sure that I kept logging my food. I started watching what I eat, and exercising daily. I still keep in touch after six years with MFP friends.

🎊 Happy 6 Year Anniversary With MyFitnessPal!

Sue, you are amazing. We are so glad to have you on the team! And your daily steps keep our stepping team inspired: 285,338 in the month of March! And that isn't counting today :smiley:
  • Recinos0507
    Recinos0507 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is bernadette just wanted to say hi. I’m new to all of this and have tried many time to do it on my own but it never works out. Im super strong n motivated the first week but I stop n go back to my old ways the next week. I’m trying really hard this time around to stay on track. I think the help n accountability will help it.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi, my name is bernadette just wanted to say hi. I’m new to all of this and have tried many time to do it on my own but it never works out. Im super strong n motivated the first week but I stop n go back to my old ways the next week. I’m trying really hard this time around to stay on track. I think the help n accountability will help it.

Welcome, Bernadette! As I said to Jennifer, we are probably all veterans of the strong beginning followed by slide back to the old ways. Those of us who have pushed past that pattern can share what has worked, and we'll do our best to encourage you after week 1 - just be sure to keep stopping here to read and participate as much as you want to. It is easy to stop posting when you feel bad about your slips - but that is the BEST time to hit us with a message and to read others. It's a fun group, and I hope you'll find it works!
  • jlbtnc
    Options
    Hi, my name is Bernadette just wanted to say hi. I’m new to all of this and have tried many time to do it on my own but it never works out. I'm super strong n motivated the first week but I stop n go back to my old ways the next week. I’m trying really hard this time around to stay on track. I think the help n accountability will help it.

Hi Bernadette, I have started over many times. With every time I started again saying this is my last time but it never was. I even was down to 140 something a few years ago and reverted back to old habits. It happens and if it does get up, brush yourself off and start again. Think of all the practice you have for your final time at finally doing it right. I started this year and made a point to utilize the community and joining several challenges. I have gotten stronger over the past couple weeks. We are all here to support each other, you got this and you will become stronger each week. Just be honest with yourself and with your logging. I hate to mess up, because my food plan is public and others can see what I did wrong (if mess up). This I don't like but it makes me accountable for my actions and what I over indulge in.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I've been with F2F 2 months now and have lost just over a stone. I can identify with your struggles as I've been yo-yo dieting forever before I discovered MFP 10 weeks ago.
    I'm a busy mum of little ones and have been overweight or obese all my adult life. I've tried loads of different diets, all with some success but I always burnt out after a couple of weeks, when the excitement wore off and the initial big losses slowed down. And the food became boring.
    With MFP I've managed to consistently lose at a steady slow pace while still enjoying the foods I like.
    So for all newbies, you can do it too!!
    Good luck to all. Let's have a great April.
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hello my name is Esther im 25 years old, and i joined team waistaways last month. Love this team, there is lots of support and motivation! 😊 I had a baby the end of Dec 2018 and i am trying to lose the baby weight. I lost 7.2lb last month and 35lb since Dec 21st. My goal weight is 130lb right now my weight is 159.8lb. Welcome to our team Bernadette, jlbtnc, and snowstormy8!!! 😁
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    CAPTAINS
    1) YOUR NEW MEMBERS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO YOUR TEAMS AS OF THIS MORNING....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10735430/april-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group-registration-page/p1

2) TALLIES ARE DONE AND WILL POSTED IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT SECTION ON THE HOME PAGE TOMORROW BY BECKY (@BEKA3695)

3) THERE WERE A LOT OF NWI'S AND MISSED WEIGH IN'S ON SOME OF THE TEAMS MINE INCLUDED
    PLEASE CAN WE ALL DO OUR DUE DILIGENT AND KEEP OUR SPREAD SHEETS UP TO DATE AS TIME PERMITS.

4) EVERY SUNDAY I START ON THE TALLIES AT 0500HRS OR 5 AM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME I GO THROUGH EACH TEAMS THREAD BACK 2 PAGES ..THAT'S IT IF I DON'T SEE THE WEIGH IN OF THOSE MISSING IT GOES IN AS A NWI. I DO THAT SO THE GROUP STANDING WILL CONTINUE TO BE CURRENT FOR THE TALLIES. IT CAN BE CHANGED TO A LWI IF YOU SO DESIRE AS THE CAPTAIN. LET ONE OF US MODS KNOW AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO CHANGE IT TO THE LWI.
    THESE TALLIES TAKE ABOUT ABOUT 1-1/2 HRS. TO DO FROM START TO FINISH..IT'S A TON OF WORK FOR US SO IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED IF YOUR SPREADSHEETS ARE AS CURRENT AS POSSIBLE. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP WITH THIS

I WILL BE GOING DARK MONDAY NIGHT I AS I HAVE PREP TO DO FOR SURGERY ON TUESDAY MORNING 0500 HRS...I WILL BE DARK AT LEAST UNTIL THURSDAY ACCORDING TO THE ADMIRAL (MARCIE). I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WELL WISHES AND ALL OF THE GOOD MOJO THAT IS HEADED MY WAY. THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A WALK IN THE PARK, HOWEVER I HAVE THE BEST OF THE BEST NAVY AND CIVILIAN SURGICAL TEAM KNOWN SO I AM JUST GOING TO PUT MY TRUST IN THEM AND THEIR KNOWLEDGE. HOORAH
    GREG
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Andrea and from Toronto, in Canada. I am 61 as well. I have been up and down over the last few years, but making good progress this year. I had a blip up last week (but it was my birthday) and I had some nice dinners out.. :)

Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW:168.2
    CW:168.7

All the best to new members of our team. May we all have a good April!
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome to April - and our first weigh-in is posted! Thanks, Andrea @Andreabroadley ! I'm coming to know that there are a lot of Canadians on this team. We are from Québec and Ontario, as far as I recall - anyone from other provinces?

We also have two more new members to welcome:

@karenesg returning after a break - welcome back!
    @martarena jump in and have a good time on the team :smiley:

Results from last month should be posted soon - those moderators are on the ball. They get it done EARLY - so remember as the weeks go on, please post your weights on the morning they are due so that no one gets missed, especially the Saturday people. Our weeks always begin on Sunday.

Have a great day and let us know your plans, goals, dreams for the month. Tally ho!
  • jugar
    Options
    How far did our step-trackers walk in March?
    It is amazing. (for the new members, some of the team track their steps every day and we keep record of it to see how far they can go. A message asking for team members will be along later today!)

cl2pv7gafql5.png

TOP THREE FOR WEEK 4 of March:
    @martinesther88 95,322 steps / 47.7 miles / 79.5 km
    @reflectionofme 94,886 steps / 47.4 miles / 79 km
    @sue_01 82,582 steps / 41 miles / 68.8 km (missing Saturday! I'm sure this is a lot higher!)

TOTAL for WEEK 4:
    493,289 steps / 246.6 miles / 411 km Less that all the previous weeks, but people were on vacation. Those remaining did a great job!

TOP 3 FOR MARCH:
    @reflectionofme 399,360 /199.7 miles /332.8 km WOW. That's like walking from Paris to Brussels. With some km to spare...
    @martinesther88 299,192 /149.6 miles /249.3 km Canberra to Wagga Wagga in Australia!
    @kittu125 297,811 /148.8 miles /248 km Yep, you're walking with Esther - and you'll both have a few metres to spare.

TOTAL FOR MARCH:
    are you ready?
    2,538,581 steps. Yes, 2.5 MILLION. 2,115.5 km. 1269.3 miles. That's from my house almost to Winnipeg, Manitoba. Well, at least to the border between Ontario and Manitoba, which is my favourite place on that trip because you finally get across Ontario, which takes approximately forever by car, I can't even imagine how long on foot. Google says 481 hours. So yes, this group of intrepid steppers went FAR in March.

HATS OFF. Bravissimo!
This discussion has been closed.