Options

Replies

• Kittu125
    Kittu125 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Kittu125 wrote: »
    @jugar baseball team batter .

I have 15886 steps so far and 102 Active minutes. Intentional activity gets counted in my Fitbit so these are my active minutes. Planning to hit atleast 8k more today. Let me know if 11pm EST works for the final posting.

Holy moly! You are going to have us spinning around the bases. I have put in the question to the umpire about "active minutes" on fitbit to make sure they count the same as "workout". He'll probably answer some time later. As to 11 pm, it's about my limit, but should be fine! Any later than that would be difficult.

@jugar hopefully they all count. I have exercise log that gets created in Fitbit for me whenever I am doing some kind of excercise.

So I have total -140 minutes of walking plus 45 minutes or zumba today all together logged as excercise. I am working on a relay so have to add these steps to finish.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    OK Baseball Team!

1. @jugar 60 minutes workout = triple
    2. @jlbtnc 10,400 steps = double
    3. @sue_01 20,078 steps = home run
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125 27,046 steps plus 45 minutes zumba = home run + double (way to go!)
    6. @fourathomej

I am still not sure with some about the workout minutes. I don't think the time spent doing your steps can count for both steps and workout, so if you can specify (like @Kittu125 did - thanks!) the number of steps and separately the number of minutes of workout that is not steps, if you are doing both. In any case, this is just the first day and I'm not sure all the other teams are up and running yet, so we can keep working to get the kinks out!

I'll check back for the last 2 of you first thing in the morning. Falling asleep! G'night all. When the score is calculated I'll post it and we'll celebrate day 1 and start day 2!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    4/7 - 13889
    4/8 - 16754

Today : spin class 60 minutes + PIYO 45 MIN

SORRY ...didn't get in earlier. Didn't know about 11 Eastern. Will get in earlier tomorrow.
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    OK Baseball Team!

4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125 27,046 steps plus 45 minutes zumba = home run + double (way to go!)
    6. @fourathomej

I am still not sure with some about the workout minutes. I don't think the time spent doing your steps can count for both steps and workout, so if you can specify (like @Kittu125 did - thanks!) the number of steps and separately the number of minutes of workout that is not steps, if you are doing both. In any case, this is just the first day and I'm not sure all the other teams are up and running yet, so we can keep working to get the kinks out!

I'll check back for the last 2 of you first thing in the morning. Falling asleep! G'night all. When the score is calculated I'll post it and we'll celebrate day 1 and start day 2!

I don't count my steps in my walking, I don't count my steps as walking, because I get steps from just the little things around the house, my walking is more for miles then anything, but it all good.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Talk It Out Tuesday / Think It Through Tuesday

Vent if you need to (don't hold back = and don't hold it in if you need to vent or ask for advice / help and it's NOT a Tuesday!)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results.

What didn't go quite a well as you wanted last week? What will you try a bit differently this week?

Would you like suggestions about ANY POSSIBILITIES for alternates ('cause you just don't know what to try next)?

Do you just want/need to know someone has heard and acknowledged your frustration about something that you have no control over and just plain have to get past without losing too much ground?

• jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/7 - 10219
    4/8 - 10400
    4/9 -
    4/10 -
    4/11 -
    4/12 -
    4/12 -

• BMcC9
    Options
    The baseball stuff looks great and very IGM-engaging, by the way!

Anytime you can frame something as contributing to some sort of "game playing" works well in enlisting IGM as a helper, rather than a hindrance.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    My IGM is grumbling about having to scrape snow off the car this morning .... I kid you not!

APRIL NINTH, and there is FRESH SNOW on the car and a dusting on the roads!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    RULES AMENDMENT 1.20
    BATTING....
    KEEPING IN MIND THAT IN SOME INNINGS YOU COULD THE LINE UP THEN THE "AT BAT ONE TIME IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD" IS NULL AND VOID.

SO THERE FORE IF YOUR TEAM CAN BAT THE LINE UP TWICE IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD THEN THAT'S COMPLETELY LEGIT.
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/8~ 10,000
  • jugar
    Options
    4. @micki48
    6. @fourathomej 16,754 steps plus 45 min. PIYO plus 60 min. spin = triple + double + triple

I'll post this on the MOD CHALLENGE page and see what our score comes up as. If I missed you somehow, @micki48 fill me in!!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    My IGM is grumbling about having to scrape snow off the car this morning .... I kid you not!

APRIL NINTH, and there is FRESH SNOW on the car and a dusting on the roads!

No kidding. We still have more than a foot of snow on the ground, getting all weird and grainy, and ugly. Ice on the trees and the windshield. But it is ONLY the 9th of April. Snow can happen for at least a couple more weeks! The first year I lived out in the country where I am now it snowed all day on June 11th. There were no apples at all that year. Let's hope we don't get another one of those!

OK. Canadians complaining about the weather. Over and out.
  • jugar
    Options
    So, baseball nuts -

According to our illustrious umpire, we scored 6 runs and have someone on 2nd base. Let's get more!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Steps Sunday 4/8 6,544
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options

Having a tougher time still. Ate too much yesterday due to emo eating. Resolving to do better today. I know what I have to do. Go for a walk and do some biking. Weather is good here. Enough said!
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is approx. 15,000 going to my grand daughter birthday party.
  • jugar
    Options

Having a tougher time still. Ate too much yesterday due to emo eating. Resolving to do better today. I know what I have to do. Go for a walk and do some biking. Weather is good here. Enough said!

The exercise will help for sure - enjoy the good weather, and send some here, OK? For the emotional eating, while you are not around food (during a walk, etc.), ask yourself what wonderful thing(s) the eating is giving you. Time to sit and breathe? A feeling of fullness? Comfort? and also ask what kind of food qualities you reach for. Sweet? Crunchy? Salty? When you have a few answers, you can think of ways to get the same wonderful things without all the calories and bad feelings afterwards. Sit and breathe with a tall glass of seltzer and slice of lime. Ask someone to give you a shoulder rub. Do some stretching or just conscious breathing. Try to do whatever you come up with for 10 minutes to see if it satisfies the need. If you're still wanting to eat, snack on something filling without many calories (I love a whole grapefruit, peeled and sectioned. Or a vegetable soup that is just veggies cooked in broth and then blended to a thick, creamy soup that has no fat.) Crunchy pickles or carrots. Tomatoes with balsamic vinegar. Mango or other sweet yummy, messy fruit.

Thanks for sharing your tough times - I hope it helps to come here and let us know, and maybe one of us will have the idea that clicks and helps you through. Hugs winging your way!
  • jugar
    Options
    Oh man. Just finished the hardest core workout ever. After 30 minutes on the bike. Phew! Ready for that shower, and 60 minutes towards a triple in baseball!

Don't forget to post your steps or workout minutes - and keep them separate so it's easier to calculate if you do both. Thanks! Looking forward to a high score today.

TUESDAY BASEBALL TEAM WAISTAWAYS
    2. @jlbtnc
    3. @sue_01
    4. @micki48
    5. @Kittu125
    6. @fourathomej
  • jugar
    Options
    in0rmdyu3iod.jpg

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

Fat2Fit Buddy Program
    Thank you all for your patience!

@Beka3695 and I just paired up ALMOST everyone. We had an odd number and are waiting for an answer from someone to pair up the last person. Here is what we have so far. Please contact your buddy and exchange email, phone, however you want to stay in touch, and "friend" each other so you can share your food and exercise diary wherever you keep it. Set up check-in times, and go for it! Keep each other going and have a blast. If you have a problem with your buddy (time zone or other issue), just let me or @Beka3695 know by message and we'll see what we can do. Enjoy!

@Beka3695 + @steplaj
    @Navydaddjtc + @ChrysalisCove
    @LaurieWrobo + @sue_01
    @19shmoo69 + @Rosetigger
    @cre804 + @pacsnc6
    @lindamtuck2018 + @jactop
    @boehle + @martinesther88
    @SLIMn2016 + @BMcC9
    @Angielove88 + @BabsVest1769
    @melissafeagins + @patti705
    @JessicaKrall8 + @Lukdbestucan16
    @Kittu125 + @Megnolia82
    @runarmi + @ssummerlin80
    @FitGirlLife72 + @Carlsoda

Don't forget to check your MFP inbox! And if you still want in, please sign up on the Announcement page - we'll do the final match ups Wednesday morning.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    OK CAPTAINS
    THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME CONFUSION AMONG THE RANK AND FILE
    IF YOU EXERCISE ON THE TREADMILL FOR CARDIO OR EXERCISE THAT IS COUNTED AS AN EXERCISE
    NOW THOSE STEPS THAT YOU BUILT UP DURING THAT EXERCISE AND THE STEPS YOU GET FOR THE REST OF THE DAY COUNTS AS YOUR STEPS TOTAL IN THE STEP CATEGORY.... SO IT'S POSSIBLE IN ONE DAY THAT YOU COULD HIT 2 HOME RUNS OR GO FOR THE CYCLE

EXAMPLE:.....
    NAVYDADDJTC 12000 STEPS = DOUBLE
    NAVYDADDJTC THOSE 12000 STEPS AT ABOUT 60 MIN. = TRIPLE
    SO I SCORE 1 RUN AND IS STRANDED AT 2ND UNTIL TOMORROW

ANY QUESTION??
This discussion has been closed.