Slowly sliding off the wagon?

Options
AbbieOffman
AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
Not falling off with a binge or frustration quitting, but i think I've become a slacker this past month. In the first 60 days I lost 20lbs, the last 30 days I have been fighting to lose/keep off the same 3 lbs. I tried recalculating my macros when I lost that 20lbs, maybe I did it wrong, maybe I've become complacent...but different macro calculators are telling me different things.

My diary is open, have I been straying too much from the core diet with nuts/sweeteners etc?
Are my macros all wrong? I've changed them 3 times recently...
I'm I too focused on calories and not fat/protein? (That you will weigh X in 5 weeks when you close your diary is enticing....)
Have I just hit a post-water weight loss plateau?

I really want to stick with it, being under 200 lbs for the first time in years is awesome, but I want to keep going....

Help :)

Replies

• craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    If your diary is accurate, it appears your macros are fine. How much of a deficit are you presently at ? 1lb per week, 1.5 per week, 2 a week?

It is often very counterproductive to make many changes without giving your body time to adjust. How many daily calories did you lose when you re-calculated?

This may seem counter-intuitive, I've had to in the past increase my caloric intake to spur additional weight loss at times... If I were in your situation where it has been a month and my results have completely stalled (you should have at least seen a 2-4 lb loss), then I would probably consider going back to my previous calorie level for one month (not obsessing over it, I know that can be difficult) to re-baseline myself and then slowly drop calorie levels allowing for a few weeks in between each drop.

I wish you great success. Also, make sure you are drinking your water daily and not allowing yourself to get dehydrated.

Hope it helps!
  • AbbieOffman
    Options
    When I started, I believe it told me - for a 2lb loss - to eat 1800 cals, and 23g of carbs. I never ate that many cals and was good about sticking to that amt of carbs. Since then I have tried 1300, 1400, 1500...trying to reflect the amt of cals it took for me to not want to eat my arm off by bedtime....

I am bad about recording my water, because I drink so much of it its 2nd to breathing... :)
    craigmandu wrote: »
    If your diary is accurate, it appears your macros are fine. How much of a deficit are you presently at ? 1lb per week, 1.5 per week, 2 a week?

It is often very counterproductive to make many changes without giving your body time to adjust. How many daily calories did you lose when you re-calculated?

This may seem counter-intuitive, I've had to in the past increase my caloric intake to spur additional weight loss at times... If I were in your situation where it has been a month and my results have completely stalled (you should have at least seen a 2-4 lb loss), then I would probably consider going back to my previous calorie level for one month (not obsessing over it, I know that can be difficult) to re-baseline myself and then slowly drop calorie levels allowing for a few weeks in between each drop.

I wish you great success. Also, make sure you are drinking your water daily and not allowing yourself to get dehydrated.

Hope it helps!

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Your diary looks fine in terms of macros. If you are not losing, I would suggest dropping the artificial sweeteners to see if that helps. I know for me they cause a lot of bloating and water retention, so it's possible they are causing water retention for you which may be why you aren't seeing scale loss.

Also, take measurements, you may be seeing progress in inches even when the scale is being bratty.
  • GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Not falling off with a binge or frustration quitting, but i think I've become a slacker this past month. In the first 60 days I lost 20lbs, the last 30 days I have been fighting to lose/keep off the same 3 lbs. I tried recalculating my macros when I lost that 20lbs, maybe I did it wrong, maybe I've become complacent...but different macro calculators are telling me different things.

My diary is open, have I been straying too much from the core diet with nuts/sweeteners etc?
    Are my macros all wrong? I've changed them 3 times recently...
    I'm I too focused on calories and not fat/protein? (That you will weigh X in 5 weeks when you close your diary is enticing....)
    Have I just hit a post-water weight loss plateau?

I really want to stick with it, being under 200 lbs for the first time in years is awesome, but I want to keep going....

Help :)

I see you’ve been losing lately, @AbbieOffman - what was the key?
  • AbbieOffman
    Options
    The key was 10 days in Cuba where I drank and ate my face off. LOL. I gained back 6 lbs due to this. When I came home, I went right back on KETO and the pounds started flying off. The honeymoon period. I've lost as much in the last 2 weeks as I had in the last 2 months....so a cheat week might not be such a bad thing :)