April 17 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    .... Body FX website is Home Base for this program
    I only bought the Figure 8 Fitness Basics ....

Thank you @BMcC9 !
    I just found this! I will definitely check this out as I love Latin 💃 Dance!

Let me know if you end up going for the Figure 8 program! (we can compare progress and which of the 5 styles we like best / least)
  • lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?    Yes .. Hiit
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?    Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?  Yes
  • lisadianehays55
    lisadianehays55 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options

I’m at the Lowest Weight I’ve been since early 9th grade. 150.4 & 5’8.5”

When I got home, some leggings & a shirt I ordered from Amazon had showed up. With trepidation, I opened them up carefully (sure is have to return them) and help up the gorgeous leggings & thought no way they’ll fit.

Well they did & so did the top. I can’t tell you how thrilling this is! I’m normal.

I will likely go lower than 150. I’m just gradually figuring out my optimal weight.

I thought it would be 169-170
    Then 155
    Then 153 lol
    Then 151, but I think I’m going to probably go to 145-148.

I know in the old days, they said 100 lbs for 5’ plus 5 pounds for every inch...that would be 142.5 for me but that’s a BMI of 21.4 which seems low.
    @MadisonMolly2017. Fantastic work. Thanks for sharing. I like the idea of if not eating out spend half of what you save on things you enjoy.

Optimal weight is personal and depends a lot on body type and build.

I have a regular build (mesomorph), tending to slight (lean muscular).

By the 5' plus 5 pounds for every inch rule, I should be 145. This morning I was 139.7 (and its the heaviest I have been in months, but I am also recovering from illness). I hover round a BMI of 21.0 (a little on the low side).

When I started losing weight from 200lbs, I though 155 would be my final goal. Now 155 for me seems heavy.

For a mesomorph (male of female), I find the best target range to be BMI 22 +/- 0.5. So for you, 142 to 148 seems about right.

Once close to the target range, concentrate of fitness, mobility and enjoying life. Let the habits you build keep you there. BMI is a guide, not a rule.

I keep a passing interest in the scales, but they do not rule my life. My habits (built by UAC) serve me well.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Dosse1320 wrote: »
    Thanks craigo3154 for your insight on action vs motivation. Totally agree that action comes first then the motivation follows.

Back onboard with my UAC people. Lots of “sick days” and “out of province” visitors since I joined on April 1st. Onward and upward.

@Dosse1320. Great to have you back on board.

Took me a while to get back. So glad I did.