• JammyPea
    JammyPea Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Username:Jammypea
    Week: April Week 4
    Weigh in Day: Monday
    PW =190.5
    CW=191.5

It was too hard to resist the Easter bunny....
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: YES
    Calories: UNDER
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp class.
    Goal/Day: Today I was still under but only by a 100 calories for my daily intake and after the intense workout at bootcamp I had a protein shake. Gotta admit the extra meal and protein shake has actually helped me to not be dragging after exercising, I like this feeling 🤗
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Monday (4/22)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Limit: 1500/Actual:1430
    Water: 31 cups
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! version of C25K, Week 4, Day 1 (49 minutes); Zombies, Run! (The Old Mill - 36 minutes; Recovery - 34 minutes)
    Day: Started it C25K. I met my CSS, and we went to a food pantry. I got my workouts in. The AC has finally become operational in my building, and it's a touch cooler in my apartment, hopefully a lot by morning. It's been an alright day.

@johicks - Thanks! Yeah, it was kinda shocker to me the amount.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Message to all Team Members:

@johicks.
    @FitGirlLife72.
    @j0d13mcc.
    @Longshore.
    @LuluLovinLife.
    @maejestique.
    @MaelynMayhem.
    @tomkinsone.
    @Toyota100.
    @Chattycrafty.
    @Jactop.
    @JammyPea.
    @LiIyGrace.
    @stricklee11.
    @Veggieonly.
    @claresmith13.
    @JamieD328.
    @twitch82.
    @Littleflutterby.
    @SideshowTam.
    @dillyg08.
    @Gustaaf85.
    @jwall309.
    @ajaia2001.
    @germaine_yee.
    @Lovethyneighbor.
    @MHarper522.
    @pratainua.
    @ala155.
    @Chubbyone123.
    @RileyHeavy.

This is the last week of the April Challenge. After this week, all members will be rolled over automatically into the May Challenge.

The May challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Run Track Minds (May) https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10739852/team-run-track-minds-may#latest
    If you wish NOT to participate next month, please message me or tag me @AB0215 or your team captain.

Please view your team thread and post a brief introduction so others in the team can know who you are.

When viewing the thread, please "bookmark" the thread by pressing the "star" icon (it should turn yellow).
    3cu4npy62hfa.png

This way you can be notified whenever someone posts to the thread (your "bell" icon on most forum headers will show if there are any notifications).
    yop2unsw1ph1.png
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Monday 4/22 check in
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 21DF Total Body Cardio Fix and Pilates Fix
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh-in Week: Week 4
    Weigh-in Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 207
    Today's Weight: 207
  • Allyanne1
    Allyanne1 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Allyanne1
    I am so sorry, have been traveling. I will need to stay out til May, but would LOVE to come back to the team then.
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Username: Longshore
    Week: Sunday, April Week 4 (4/21)
    PW: 203
    CW: 201.9
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Posting a little checklist for myself in the morning to be accountable and will report tonight.
    Daily Post (Monday 4/22) - Just for Today!
    Calories: Yes, over 7 calories
    Exercise: 27 mins
    Daily Goals:
    Plan / pre-log food ✅
    8+ water ✅ 12cups
    Walk outside 15 minutes ✅ +10min on bike
    Enjoy time with hubby ✅
    Enjoy time with mom ✅
    One snack after dinner ✅ (sandwich)
    Earn 5 personal points for mindset (am affirmations and night routine) 4 points

I decided to report this morning versus last night to make sure I stayed accountable. I was in the edge again last night. But I did it!! Yeah!! I can still feel the hormones trying to steer me in other directions, but I managed. I had extra calories, not planned just the way it worked out, and then I used them for my after dinner snack for a sandwich.
  • johicks
    Options
    Holidays! Social acceptance is to celebrate with food. Why!? Why can’t we take the focus off food and make it be about the relationships? Or plan a walk afterward or something that involvements movement? I had at one time insisted we celebrate my birthday by bowling. Well, then that turned into a pizza party. UGH!! LOL Why!? Darn food anyway!

@jwall309~ Holidays are so hard. Glad you’re talking your way through this. Yes, daily posts sure do help!
    @Jammypea~ I have a protein no-bake-fake recipe that might help you resist sweets. I’ll share the recipe. I have to resist the candy jar daily at my office. So these No Bake Fakes, help me out… ALOT!! On a positive note. You had an overall loss for the month of April. Yeah!!
    @ajaia2001~ That is awesome that the advice you received and decided to follow is working for you! Yes, I bet you do feel much better. Good for you! Have you measured body parts to also see the inches melt away? Not just the scale?
    @MaelynMayhem~ YOU definitely have the right team spirit, a “Run Track MInd!” Awesome!! Run zombie girl, Run! :)
    @Fitgirllife72 ~ Thanks for checking in! Another great “DF” day!
    @Jactop ~ No shame in staying the same. It’s a tough battle over a holiday weekend. I gained, too. :( But we’ll get back on track and do this!!
    @Allyanne1 - Yes… we would love for you to stay part of the team and join us in May. Please message @AB2015 with your starting weight for May so you will be readded.
    @Longshore~ Wooohoooo!! Nice loss to end the April’s contest! And a good loss for the month! Congrats! Keep working hard. You’re doing it!

The month of May will have 5 weeks. Week one starts on Sunday, April 28th. May ends on June 1st.
    Be sure to check the star ⭐ to mark our May Run Track Minds thread as a favorite. Then please go over and post an introduction. Let's get to know each other. See Ashely’s directions above… AB2015
    The May challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Run Track Minds (May)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10739852/team-run-track-minds-may#latest

Keep posting daily here through Saturday, April 27th. Let's start May out with week one losses. Let's shed a layer of 🐰Easter bunny fur! 🐇 lol
  • johicks
    Options
    Hope you don't mind if I share a recipe.... if you prefer that this thread does NOT; please let me know. I won't post again and will message anyone who wants various recipes.
    Mix all the dry ingredients then add the wet. Add one cup of water to the wet ingredients. After well mixed, spray an 8x8 pan. Then put the mix into the pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. I cut it into 16 squares. Yummo!! It might take a little tweaking on your part for your tastebuds. But for me, this truly gives me the satisfaction of a No Bake Cookie.

v3m6ibrnkvgf.jpg
    cegjq8an4mda.jpg

• johicks
    Options
    @j0d13mcc - Thanks for posting on the May registration page. Hopefully, newcomers will want to join. There is something about a spark of new energy and excitement that helps us keep going forward. Hope you all agree.

Go team .. 🏃 🛤 😉. LOL
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What about using PB2 instead of regular? It's a touch lower in calories, a good deal lower in fat, and sugar. But anyways, would it work in the recipe?
  • Tomkinsone
    Tomkinsone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow I came in 3rd for loss. 👏👏😂 I have been off track due to a lot of extra activities lately. I’m trying to get back on track.... have company in town from Arizona and on May 2nd I head to Florida for an extended weekend. I plan to try and stay focused. 🤞
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post ( Monday)

Calories: Over but only by 150ish
    Exercise: No
    Water: Getting there
    Day: a much better day after this weekend. I felt like I was still overly full until lunchtime yesterday, so I ended up skipping my packed breakfast, which turned out fine. Scale is making its way back down. BF and I plan to play tennis sometime this week, and a friend is going to show me the outdoor walk she takes when its nice out that can either be 3 or 5 miles depending, so I'll probably start doing that before I rejoin a gym sometime over the summer. I'm taking a gym break for financial reasons so I'm trying to find ways to still exercise especially outside before it gets too hot and humid.
  • johicks
    Options
    What about using PB2 instead of regular? It's a touch lower in calories, a good deal lower in fat, and sugar. But anyways, would it work in the recipe?
    Great question @MaelynMayhem. Yes!! PB2 works great in the recipe. You are so right. 8T of it with the dry ingredients. I make it with that, too. The recipe I posted actually is crunchy peanut butter, as I wanted that extra texture for a difference. And... sometimes I use almond extract or mint extract to give it a little something different.

I make 2 batches at one time. Then cut up. Put 2 into snack baggies. Then freeze. Then I'm all set for a couple of weeks. If I do make two batches, I label a gallon size bag to make sure I know which is which.
    Enjoy!!
  • johicks
    Options
    Since it worked for me yesterday, posting a little checklist for myself in the morning to be accountable and will report tonight (or tomorrow morning.)
    Daily Post (Tuesday 4/23 - Just for Today!
    Track:
    Calories:
    Exercise:
    Daily Goals:
    Plan / pre-log food
    8+ water
    Walk outside 15 minutes
    Enjoy time with hubby
    Enjoy time with mom
    One snack after dinner
    Earn 5 personal points for mindset (am affirmations and night routine)
  • johicks
    Options
    @Tomkinsone~ It’s so hard when we aren’t in our normal routine. Is there anything you can do like… Have the same exact breakfast, morning snack, afternoon, evening snack (or beverage); then you know what those calories total. And then you will only have to juggle what to attempt to have for lunch and dinner. ❓ And hopefully your company will walk with you. If not, get up early to get to the gym time. You can do it!!

@jwall309~ Glad you’re Monday went well and you’re getting there. Outside exercises…. For sure walking. Thanks for sharing, as it made me think about what more I can do, too …..

If you have a patio or deck, go out in the cool evening or morning and do some Yoga or stretches. Then sit and enjoy your coffee and listen to the birds. (I live in the country and love the morning sounds!!) Other ways of getting in some exercise. Be sure to park a distance from your normal parking spot and walk to your destination. When you go grocery shopping, walk the entire store; then shop. I know it’s not major cardio burning. But changing your routine to incorporate more steps; will become habit. Tennis will be fun! What about going to a park to throw a frisbee? Or jump rope!? Hula-hoop!? Basketball? Whatever you do, have fun!

GO TEAM….. 🏃🛤😉 … LOL I am trying to come up with a logo for us.
  • johicks
    Options
    Tomkinsone wrote: »
    Wow I came in 3rd for loss. 👏👏😂

Right!! Congratulations!! 🎈🙌
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    @j0d13mcc - Thanks for posting on the May registration page. Hopefully, newcomers will want to join. There is something about a spark of new energy and excitement that helps us keep going forward. Hope you all agree.

Go team .. 🏃 🛤 😉. LOL

So true and this group is such a great bunch of people!! It really has helped me this month... especially when I wasn’t well and I’ve needed to slow down a bit in the exercise front. I’ve kept the faith and continued to lose. Normally I’d just give in and think, ahh I’ll start again next month. This time, because I’ve had a group to keep me accountable I’ve kept on tracking and kept on being active even if it’s just 20minutes walking and it makes all the difference. I’m not sure what I’ve lost in total through April but I know it’s generally gone in the right direction! Here’s to more of the same through May!!
This discussion has been closed.