TEAM: Run Track Minds (April)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215 or Craig @craigo3154 .

Replies

• dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Greetings RTMs, my name is Beverley. I've been My fitness pal for some time now. I have not gotten to my goal weight ever, but this time I'm committed to go all the way to the end. I'm not getting any younger and diabetes is rampant in my family, so it is imperative that I get to.my healthy weight range and stay there.
    It's always better to be a part of a group for support and I'm confident that RTM group will provide the motivation that I need.

Good luck to everyone. Let's work it out in April and let RTM be the biggest loser team!
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Hello Team Run Track Minds and Welcome to April!!

My name is Tracy @tlgale I will be your captain for this month.

A little about myself...I started my weight loss journey January 2018 and am now ~ 60lbs lighter! I still have a long way to go yet though, about 80lbs. I've been really struggling the past few months with motivation.. being lazy and eating garbage has been my thing. I had said last month that I would get back on track, but it didn't happen. I did get back into good exercise habits, but my eating was horrible. So this month I really have to push myself harder to eat better.
    Also, I have a 4 year old son with spastic quad CP and his different abilities and needs are my main motivation for wanting to get the weight off. As he grows and gets heavier, I need to shrink and get stronger!!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month as well.

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Challenge this month: Daily Posts/Ultimate Accountability

First and foremost is that participation in the challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run.
    It is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals or Day: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your weekly weigh in posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier to track.

Welcome to April! Let's all have a great month 😀
  • Claresmith13
    Claresmith13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m clare.in 36 years old but feel around 50 atm. Ive been on mfp for a while now did really well beginning of last year lost 2st then had a flare up ( Crohn’s disease) was on steroids for 3 months and put more weight on then I was when I originally started this. I’m so happy to be in this group to help get the motivation I need and meet new wonderful people.
    I’m a mum to 3 boys 1 girl (18,17,12&3) with summer on its way and 4 lively children I’m hoping to get fit , loose weight and be able to enjoy days out with them as at the minute I’ve no confidence at all with my weight and body. Thank you for letting me be part of your community and let’s make April a winner for us all. X
  • JammyPea
    JammyPea Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Paula and I've been on MFP for about a year. I have managed to get in the habit of regular exercise, but still struggle to get my eating on track. Recently I have been eating more healthfully (more vegetables and fruit, less sugary snacks), and am hoping to use this challenge to get me on track with my calories.

Planning to participate in the UAC, to become more disciplined about logging and 'enjoy the accountability'.

Looking forward to a great April and being part of a wonderful team.
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi All, my names Jodie I’ve just joined MFP about 2 months ago. I was diagnosed with a rare neurological disorder which means I have increased fluid on the brain. Part of my recovery means I have to lose weight and eat healthy hence my renewed focus! Recently I’ve been doing well, losing weight etc but this week I was admitted to hospital so I haven’t been able to exercise.

I’m super keen to get back to exercise and focus on my long term health! Looking forward to posting!
  • Maejestique
    Maejestique Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am so happy to be a part of this challenge! I am 28 yrs old and 60 pounds overweight right now 95% of which is gained during my both pregnancies. I have been working hard so much and was eating clean most of the time but found the weight to be stagnant and so had my thyroid checked and found to be hypothyroid! Now on my medication for the past one month but consistent in what I was doing before I was diagnosed. I want to be healthy and am so determined this time to lose those extra pounds off my body! This challenge is what really I need right now to stay motivated and accountable through my weightloss journey! Let's all do this together!! :smiley:
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Stephanie and I’m super excited to be part of this team and this challenge! I’ve been on MFP on and off for quite awhile. I reached my goal weight three years ago on MFP and promptly went back to my old ways and gained all my weight back and even more! I ended up at an all time high of 164. Currently I have made it back to 130 and have about 10 more pounds to lose give or take. This time I really plan to make my weight loss stick!

I can totally relate. I have used MFP several times over the years; and have also lost over 50# several times as well... 80# -2x. I hate to admit it, but its true. I'm trying to be realistic this time around with my focus on a lifestyle, a true one that will work for me; not weight loss.
  • johicks
    Options
    Joanna. 51. Have lost & gained, several times. This time I am going to be realistic. My body & bones ache. Its about lifestyle, not just weight loss. This challenge is so needed for the kick start I need.

Lets do this @RunTrackMinds.
  • johicks
    Options
    tlgale wrote: »
    Hello Team Run Track Minds and Welcome to April!!

My name is Tracy @tlgale I will be your captain for this month.

A little about myself...I started my weight loss journey January 2018 and am now ~ 60lbs lighter! I still have a long way to go yet though, about 80lbs. I've been really struggling the past few months with motivation.. being lazy and eating garbage has been my thing. I had said last month that I would get back on track, but it didn't happen. I did get back into good exercise habits, but my eating was horrible. So this month I really have to push myself harder to eat better.
    Also, I have a 4 year old son with spastic quad CP and his different abilities and needs are my main motivation for wanting to get the weight off. As he grows and gets heavier, I need to shrink and get stronger!!

Please feel free to introduce yourselves and share your goals for the month as well.

We are going to be running a (Optional) Mini-Challenge this month: Daily Posts/Ultimate Accountability

First and foremost is that participation in the challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (ultimate accountability challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10mile run.
    It is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals or Day: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your weekly weigh in posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: February Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)
    Just type PW & CW if you'd like (or if it's easier, you could keep a note on your PC desktop to make it easier to copy and paste from week to week.)

Please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier to track.

Welcome to April! Let's all have a great month 😀

Thank you for being captain. Look forward to this April challenge & daily accountability.
  • j0d13mcc
    Options
    Okay...sorry all this is my first time doing this, silly question but when do we start with the daily posting? Is this from the 1st of April...? And then the weekly posting is from (for me) the first Sunday in April? As you can tell...I'm soooo excited to get started lol!
  • Claresmith13
    Options
    j0d13mcc wrote: »
    Okay...sorry all this is my first time doing this, silly question but when do we start with the daily posting? Is this from the 1st of April...? And then the weekly posting is from (for me) the first Sunday in April? As you can tell...I'm soooo excited to get started lol!

This is my 1st time too and was wondering the same lol. I was just going to watch what everyone else started to do and follow them. Sorry I’m no help at all but good luck to you & everyone else. X
  • Tomkinsone
    Tomkinsone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Liz. I will be turning 50 in May and I’m kind of dreading it... but that is also part of my motivation to get back in shape. I have been up and down with my weight for years. 2.5 yrs ago I was at my lowest weight, 123 lbs. met a man who cooks very well and likes to take me out to dinner or lunch on weekends... needless to say I gained 50 pounds. I am 5’4” and started dieting on Feb 23 at 170.8 lbs. as of this morning I’m down to 163.4. Just a tick over a month of exercise and clean eating. My boyfriend is actually clean eating with me as well, although he does not need to lose weight. Was doing home based body weight exercises, but felt like I needed more so I joined a gym and started there on Monday.

I am looking forward to this challenge and getting to know you all here. Have a wonderful day. 🥰
  • tlgale
    tlgale Posts: 894 Member
    Options

@j0d13mcc @Claresmith13 Hey guys, welcome to the team!! Our weeks start on Sunday's, so the first day for April challenge is actually March 31st. If your weigh-in day is Sunday's, than your first one will be this Sunday (31st). As for daily posts, I won't start keeping track until Sunday, but you can go ahead a start them whenever you like :smiley:
  • johicks
    Options
    @Tomkinsone ... I was doing really good, then met my now husband. Boy can he cook!! It's hard for me because he tries to cook beautifully, but he cooks what he "feels" or "sounds" good. I like to plan ahead, it takes the emotion and decision-making out of it for me.

I gained 120# in our first 12 years of marriage. Ugh! I'm only 5'1". So here I am AGAIN trying to make a true lifestyle change and finding balance with foid, husband, and life.

Glad you have a gym nearby to join. I'm excited about spring. I'm a Michigander.
  • Tomkinsone
    Tomkinsone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @johicks they can be the devil I tell ya. Love the food but he cooked for 12 people when it was only us 2. 😂😂 nice to meet you. I’m in Virginia.
  • j0d13mcc
    Options

@j0d13mcc @Claresmith13 Hey guys, welcome to the team!! Our weeks start on Sunday's, so the first day for April challenge is actually March 31st. If your weigh-in day is Sunday's, than your first one will be this Sunday (31st). As for daily posts, I won't start keeping track until Sunday, but you can go ahead a start them whenever you like :smiley: [/quote]

Thanks @tlgale that’s helpful, so we post Sunday with the current weight for the weekly weigh. Then the daily challenge thingy from there.... got it I think!!

@Claresmith13 we got this!!! Let’s nail our first week! Lol....
  • Claresmith13
    Options

@j0d13mcc @Claresmith13 Hey guys, welcome to the team!! Our weeks start on Sunday's, so the first day for April challenge is actually March 31st. If your weigh-in day is Sunday's, than your first one will be this Sunday (31st). As for daily posts, I won't start keeping track until Sunday, but you can go ahead a start them whenever you like :smiley:

Thanks @tlgale that’s helpful, so we post Sunday with the current weight for the weekly weigh. Then the daily challenge thingy from there.... got it I think!!

@Claresmith13 we got this!!! Let’s nail our first week! Lol....[/quote]

We can do this. #getfitnotfat #thinkpositive are my daily reminders to myself haha. Thank you for breaking it down for us @tlgale 😊
  • j0d13mcc
    Options
    Hi All, Greetings from London!! I hope you don't mind but I'm going to go right ahead and start my daily post because I want to get into the habit and I'm new to this...(let me know if I'm doing it right and if I've missed anything). I might forget tomorrow but whilst I remember....

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how you're all getting on so if there's anyone who's itching to get started like I am, I'm keen to hear your daily post! Here goes!

Daily Post (Friday)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes (were you under - Yes)
    GOAL

FOOD
    -
    EXERCISE
    =

Exercise: Yes +10,000 steps today
    Goals or Day: I was out and about walking all over today, wandering around Spitalfield Market and East London.
  • johicks
    Options
    @j0d13mcc YEAH!! You're off to a good start! Go team @RunTrackMinds!!
This discussion has been closed.