TEAM: Run Track Minds (April)

Options

Replies

• Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @johick In the middle and end of every month I do a dry fast. I dont eat or drink for 16-18 hours. This is because I do body measurements then and dont want anything to throw off these measurments. The weeks after are always a little lower on the weight loss. Im happy so far this year because ive loss everyweek....... SO FAR lol. Im sure it will slow down her soon because im geeting closer to goal weight. Got a trip to clearwater Florida July2 so will be hitting it hard these next 3 months.
  • Claresmith13
    Claresmith13 Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Username: claresmith13.
    Week: April wk 1.
    Weigh in day: Tuesday.
    PW: 204.
    CW: 205.
  • Claresmith13
    Claresmith13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Username: claresmith13.
    Week: April wk 1.
    Weigh in day: Tuesday.
    PW: 204.
    CW: 205.

Thought I did really well this week but now need to up my game. Here to the start of a new week. #thinkpositive.
  • LiIyGrace
    LiIyGrace Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Daily Post for Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Walking
    Goals or Day: Still on track, still losing (down 18 lbs since March 1).
  • LiIyGrace
    LiIyGrace Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Username: LiIyGrace
    Week: April Week 1
    PW =234.2 lbs
    CW=231.6 lbs

I completely forgot my weigh-in day here was on Mondays! I weigh everyday and was involved in a few challenges all with different weigh days, lol. Oops. Luckily April starts fresh and this is the only challenge I'm in now.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    First my confession….I posted my Monday’s results, too soon. I had some emotions that I thought I had worked through (towards hubby), but I guess not. I found myself eating the fatty/carby food that he brought home for “him.” It was more than just that. But I took a drive before I got home to have extra breathing time. Then sat down with tea and planned on how to have one piece. I thought I had it licked. I heard myself say “I don’t care” as he was passed out in bed. So I’m learning to recognize that trigger. I may not knock it out of the park this week or next, but I’m going to work on it. In my morning affirmation, I read something that helped me. I will post the picture after this post. So. I am being honest with you and most importantly with myself. And that’s part of the battle, right? So I will chalk that up to a “cheat day” and move past it trying to learn from it and not beat myself up.

@Tomkinsone - I like encouraging, as for me its a win-win (I hope.) But there will be some days I will have to know my time limit and not be able to.

@Toyota100 - 2 days of no binging. Yeah! And I'm with you, @jwall309, and @Fitgirllife72 on trying to enjoy a food w/o making it 20!

@Fitgirllife72 - thanks for sharing about getting anxiety under control first. Sometimes what I feel is petty and I need to just deal with it. I am not anxious, just controlling. So it makes it hard for me to "let loose." What's weird, is even though I'm a control freak... I have a hard time controlling what goes in my mouth. So, learning to control what I can first is where I need to start.

@MaelynMayhem - Your exercise is exciting. I hope you go to enjoy a walk in the sun.

@Jactop - woohoooo 1# gone!

@tlgale - Thanks again for being a great captain! WE CAN get back under control. This group is going to help keep us focused.

@Longshore - close to goal is exciting!! (& for me scary, how to maintain!?) I look forward to reading more about how you reach your goal and learn maintenance. 3 months to Florida... yeah!!

@Claresmith13 - Inhale, exhaaaaaale. Today is a new day and this week is new too. You can do it. We're here for you!

@LilyGrace -Nice Monday. 18# since March 1. And great weekly loss, too. Awesome. Keep on keeping it off.

Have a good day @RunTrackMinds!! Stay focused.

• johicks
    Options
    ymumxxntkc48.jpg
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    @johicks @Toyota100 Mindful eating has definitely been a process for me so far. But one thing I've learned is that I am a "fog eater" meaning I will just mindlessly, unconsciously eat whatever is in front of me without even tasting it or realizing how much I've put into my mouth. So to combat that I measure out however many servings of my snack fits into my budget in the kitchen, put the snack away, and then bring my servings into the living room. Because I have also learned that after a long work day I am incredibly lazy and will just not want to get up to get more to snack on even if the craving is there :D Obviously this doesn't really combat emotional or stress eating, which is something I'm also learning to cope with, but it helps with the daily battle with overeating.

I'm also not sure if publicly admitting how lazy I am is great :D but I'm learning to also be kinder to myself and after 12 hours out of the house every day its probably ok that I don't want to get off the couch once I'm settled. Constantly reminding myself its a marathon not a sprint, and a lifestyle change, so not every day is going to be perfect!
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309 - I understand being lazy at the end of the day. Thanks again for the share and for giving our minds some food for thought. Greatly appreciate being reminded of how to be more mindful.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    JamieD328
    Week 1: Tuesday weigh in
    PW: 162.6
    CW: 165.8

Upset about being up, but I knew it was going to happen.
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Wow, everyone is so transparent! I love it! I love this outlet to express my feelings.

Yes, I have emotional eating towards (my hubby) too at times @johicks.

Thank you for the tips too @jwall309. Sometimes I call myself lazy inappropriately too. Then when I look in retrospect I noticed I have did alot to validate feeling exhausted. I might have worked two 12 hours in a row and then cleaned up all day on my off day, so that's not really an off day. I think we just think we should be Superwomen, but sometimes every needs to relax. I think we should say we are exhausted from working are butts off. Lazy means unwilling to work or use energy, so we are Superwomen and that does not describe us!

• Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Monday 4/01/2019
    Track: Yes, Everything
    Calories: Yes,
    Exercise: Yes, I stayed active all day. I did a work out tape before work and did a quick one at my desk at work. I got 12 K today and my normal goal is 10 K.
    Goals or Day: I had a better day! I didn't mindless eat. 2 days of no mindless eating. Now I'm shooting for day number 3.
  • j0d13mcc
    j0d13mcc Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Monday 4/01/2019
    Track: Yes, Everything
    Calories: 1550 - GOAL 1334 -FOOD 152 - EXERCISE 1183 NET
    Exercise: Yes, I did 4.00KM walking today. Not been too well but stayed active following a hospital admission last week. My goal is to at least walk everyday (at least 3KM if I can) and if I'm feeling well enough bump that to a run. Today, i ran for a short time but it was mostly walking. I'm aiming to lose a KG a week and so far its been working but the exercise has really slowed this week which is frustrating.
    Goals or Day: I got some work done, drank plenty of water - about 4000ml, and got a brisk walk in.
  • Tomkinsone
    Tomkinsone Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @RileyHeavy welcome. 😄 Best of luck to you on your goals for nursing and CNM.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 4/02/19
    Calories: Goal 1500, Actual 1242
    Exercise: Yes. I walked out in the park in the sun, another episode of Zombies, Run! completed. I might walk some more later around the community room, might not or just watch TV and walk during commercials.
  • johicks
    Options
    @RileyHeavy ~ Hi Riley. Welcome! I love that your conscience about not giving advice w/o along the walk. And when you reach goal weight. You can relate to them about the struggle. Kudos! You can do it! And if I read your post correctly, you lost and then maintained for over a year. That's pretty awesome.

@JamieD328~ Don't beat yourself up too much. Even when we know what to do, it's not always easy. We’re here for you. Be like Taylor Swift and SHAKE IT OFF! If you like her, you tube it and dance it off to that song. Regroup.

@Toyota100~ Great Monday & being mindful of what you're eating.

@j0d13mcc~ Awesome Monday & exercising. Keep going!

@MaelynMayhem~ Good daily post. I've found another way to add spurts of exercise, besides walking in place on commercials. When I put the laundry away, I take one piece out of the dryer and go put it away. Piece by piece.
  • johicks
    Options

Daily Post (Tuesday 4/02)
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 20 min walk
    Daily Goals: Back on track! 5 personal points~ ACHIEVED for mindset with morning affirmations and improve my night routine/habits to stop after dinner binges. Specifically told hubby what I wanted for dinner and he stuck to it! And he didn't make my plate for me. I sat and ate my dinner mindfully st dining room table. Now the KITCHEN IS CLOSED. Teeth brushed. And in bed. Read MFP. Read from book and then lights out. I WILL have a great night w/o binging.
  • Tomkinsone
    Options
    Daily Post: (April 2)

Calories: Yes; goal 1370, food 1192, exercise 115, remaining 239
    Exercise: No (cleaned house, vacuuming) does that count? 😉
    Goals or Day: was a regular quiet day at work today, then came home and heated up dinner then I cleaned the house, vacuumed, dusted. Have to get ready for my grandson to come over tomorrow. I get to have him every Wednesday, my day off of work. He will be 1 yr old on April 4. 🥰
  • Tomkinsone
    Options
    johicks wrote: »
    Daily Post (Tuesday 4/02)
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 20 min walk
    Daily Goals: Back on track! 5 personal points~ ACHIEVED for mindset with morning affirmations and improve my night routine/habits to stop after dinner binges. Specifically told hubby what I wanted for dinner and he stuck to it! And he didn't make my plate for me. I sat and ate my dinner mindfully st dining room table. Now the KITCHEN IS CLOSED. Teeth brushed. And in bed. Read MFP. Read from book and then lights out. I WILL have a great night w/o binging.

Awesome @johicks sweet dreams. 😴
This discussion has been closed.