TEAM: Run Track Minds (April)

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    j0d13mcc wrote: »
    johicks wrote: »
    @j0d13mcc - Thanks for posting on the May registration page. Hopefully, newcomers will want to join. There is something about a spark of new energy and excitement that helps us keep going forward. Hope you all agree.

Go team .. 🏃 🛤 😉. LOL

So true and this group is such a great bunch of people!! It really has helped me this month... especially when I wasn’t well and I’ve needed to slow down a bit in the exercise front. I’ve kept the faith and continued to lose. Normally I’d just give in and think, ahh I’ll start again next month. This time, because I’ve had a group to keep me accountable I’ve kept on tracking and kept on being active even if it’s just 20minutes walking and it makes all the difference. I’m not sure what I’ve lost in total through April but I know it’s generally gone in the right direction! Here’s to more of the same through May!!

That's awesome!! Struggling THROUGH it and not giving up!! That's what I like to hear as it inspires me. And btw you lost 7.5# in April. 3.89% Congrats!! Let's do it again in May!
  • veggieonly
    veggieonly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Username veggieonly
    Week 4
    Weigh in day Monday couldn’t get to a scale yesterday
    PW 175.2
    CW 173
  • johicks
    Options
    veggieonly wrote: »
    Username veggieonly
    Week 4
    Weigh in day Monday couldn’t get to a scale yesterday
    PW 175.2
    CW 173

NIce loss! "weigh" to end the month! Keep working at it and let's do it again in May!
  • ajaia2001
    ajaia2001 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Holidays! Social acceptance is to celebrate with food. Why!? Why can’t we take the focus off food and make it be about the relationships? Or plan a walk afterward or something that involvements movement? I had at one time insisted we celebrate my birthday by bowling. Well, then that turned into a pizza party. UGH!! LOL Why!? Darn food anyway!

@jwall309~ Holidays are so hard. Glad you’re talking your way through this. Yes, daily posts sure do help!
    @Jammypea~ I have a protein no-bake-fake recipe that might help you resist sweets. I’ll share the recipe. I have to resist the candy jar daily at my office. So these No Bake Fakes, help me out… ALOT!! On a positive note. You had an overall loss for the month of April. Yeah!!
    @ajaia2001~ That is awesome that the advice you received and decided to follow is working for you! Yes, I bet you do feel much better. Good for you! Have you measured body parts to also see the inches melt away? Not just the scale?
    @MaelynMayhem~ YOU definitely have the right team spirit, a “Run Track MInd!” Awesome!! Run zombie girl, Run! :)
    @Fitgirllife72 ~ Thanks for checking in! Another great “DF” day!
    @Jactop ~ No shame in staying the same. It’s a tough battle over a holiday weekend. I gained, too. :( But we’ll get back on track and do this!!
    @Allyanne1 - Yes… we would love for you to stay part of the team and join us in May. Please message @AB2015 with your starting weight for May so you will be readded.
    @Longshore~ Wooohoooo!! Nice loss to end the April’s contest! And a good loss for the month! Congrats! Keep working hard. You’re doing it!

The month of May will have 5 weeks. Week one starts on Sunday, April 28th. May ends on June 1st.
    Be sure to check the star ⭐ to mark our May Run Track Minds thread as a favorite. Then please go over and post an introduction. Let's get to know each other. See Ashely’s directions above… AB2015
    The May challenge thread is:
    TEAM: Run Track Minds (May)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10739852/team-run-track-minds-may#latest

Keep posting daily here through Saturday, April 27th. Let's start May out with week one losses. Let's shed a layer of 🐰Easter bunny fur! 🐇 lol

@johicks No I don't measure any body parts. I probably should start measuring especially when the scale doesn't show much change.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Tuesday (4/23)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Limit: 1500/Actual: 1545
    Water: 33 cups
    Exercise: Zombies, Run! (Tess - 28 minutes, walked additional to equal 90 minutes; Back to School- 34 minutes).
    Day: I woke up and wanted to go back to bed, pull the covers over my head and just stay there until I felt different. I went ahead and started cleaning instead. I noticed my Fitbit had malfunctioned and dug out my back up. Later in the day it was screwing up and had to do a few things to get it working. I did okay with food. I am still having to eat what I have on hand and will for the next couple of weeks. So far it hasn’t impacted my weight loss.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 4/23 check in

Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 21DF Cardio Fix and Upper Fix
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    Daily Post (Monday)

Track: YES
    Calories: UNDER
    Exercise: 30 mins cardio/10 mins on elliptical
    Goal/Day: Good day today.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Username: JamieD328
    Tuesday weigh in
    April-Week 4
    PW: 167.2
    CW: 164.4

• johicks
    Options
    @MaelynMayhem~ You give it your best every day. Awesome! 🙌 I’m learning from you, it’s not always about what we feel like doing. It’s what just has to get done to make it happen, or it won’t.

That reminds me of a quote I’ll post after this. “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse!”

@Fitgirllife72~ Every. Day. You. Are. Doing. It!! 🙌
    @ajaia2001~ You too! Every day!! 🙌
    @JamieD328~ Yes! “Weigh” to get those lbs off! 🙌
  • johicks
    Options
    k3yu9kqw1pk6.jpg

I don't mean this in any harmful way. I <3 these types of quotes. I put them in my daily affirmation that helps fuel my brain for the day. Then when needed at night... I read them again. It's helping me get back on track. I had a 15 day no night binge streak. Then had four days of night binges. Now I am back under control. The 2-day streak started! Phew!! The accountability here is awesome! Thank you all.
  • johicks
    Options
    Since it worked for me yesterday, posting a little checklist for myself in the morning to be accountable and will report tonight (or tomorrow morning.)
    Daily Post (Tuesday 4/23 - Just for Today!
    Calories: yes, with one calorie to spare... LOL
    Exercise: yes, 30 minutes; 3 x10min segments
    Daily Goals:
    Plan / pre-log food ✅
    8+ water ✅ - 12 cups
    Walk outside 15 minutes ✅
    Enjoy time with hubby ✅ in the am, a little. He was "in a mood" when I got home. I didn't let it affect me. It was hard. I almost made an excuse to eat. But I didn't.
    Enjoy time with mom ✅ always!
    One snack after dinner ✅
    Earn 5 personal points for mindset (am affirmations and night routine) - 4 points, eating at the table has become something we just don't do unless we have company. I really need to do this!! Be mindful of eating, not eating while watching TV. At least my food is portioned out.

Back on track!! A 2-day streak of no night binging after dinner!

• johicks
    Options
    This style of accountability works for me. Sorry for the long daily posts and recap.
    Daily Post (Wednesday 4/24 - Just for Today!
    Track:
    Calories:
    Exercise:
    Daily Goals:
    Morning Affirmations
    Plan / pre-log food
    8+ water
    Walk outside 15 minutes
    A night with mom
    Change clothes & Attitude
    Wash face / Brush Hair
    Hot tea
    One snack after dinner
    Brush teeth, Gum, “Kitchen Closed!”
  • jwall309
    jwall309 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Daily Post (Tuesday)

Calories: Under
    Exercise: brief tennis match with BF before it got dark
    Water: Low today
    Day: Pretty solid day. Some issues with the house and roommates made midday a little bit stressful, but ended up on a positive note after letting out some stress hitting tennis balls!

Hoping I'm down tomorrow...Scale has been trending down since Monday, I'm just hoping my work is enough. Going into May challenge determined to make it a stronger month for me.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Daily Post - Wednesday (4/24)

Calories: Limit: 1500/Actual: 1446
    Water: 31
    Exercise: Walked to and from the gym; Zombies, Run! version C25K, Week 4, Day 2 (47 minutes); Zombies, Run! (Alternates - 31 minutes, walked additional to hit an hour)
    Day: Went pretty well. On the way to the gym it started pouring rain on me so I arrived a little wet. Thankfully, by the time I was done it had fully stopped raining, and it was a dry walk home. Food was pretty good today. Had a challenge with chocolate of just eating a single piece and not going back for more, like the whole bag (lol). This evening I am just going to sit back and relax, enjoy one of my favorite shows instead of walking; hopefully, I will be able to stay awake the entire time.
  • ajaia2001
    edited April 2019
    Options
    :D
  • ajaia2001
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday)

Track: YES
    Calories: A few calories under
    Exercise: 1 hour at bootcamp class
    Goal/Day: Class was tough but was a very good workout. Tomorrow is my Friday 🤗

• Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Check in Wednesday 4/24

Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 21DF Lower Fix and 10 Minute Ab Fix
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 4/21 Check in (Week 4) (Late Entry)
    Username: Toyota100
    PW: 224.8
    CW: 224.0

Super late entry. I messed up with my dates and thought I had posted this. So, sorry. Let me know if I have to change my weekly date or start back in May. However, I'm usually consistent with Sundays. This is my actual weight from Sunday. I just forgot to post.
  • johicks
    Options
    This style of accountability works for me. Sorry for the long daily posts and recap.
    Daily Post (Wednesday 4/24 - Just for Today!
    Track:
    Calories:
    Exercise: 40 minutes
    Daily Goals:
    Morning Affirmations yes
    Plan / pre-log food mostly
    8+ water yes
    Walk outside 15 minutes yes
    A night with mom yes
    Wash face / Brush Hair
    Hot tea
    One snack after dinner
    Brush teeth, Gum, “Kitchen Closed!”

In trying to be positive; I can say that I did many things right. But the one thing I tend to focus on, as it's my hardest part of the day and most challenging for me is, coming home after the dinner hour. Mom and I had plans, but hubby still had "dinner" waiting for me. I did great all day... and exercised, too! His showing me affection through food is hard. And he had such an emotional and bad news in the last couple of days...I caved. Then proceeded from there. I made excuses instead of finding a way. At that moment, it wasn't important to me and I need to change that mindset. But that is in the past. And I am not going to define myself by the bad decisions that I made.

So I will focus on the positive. I stuck to my plan 95% of the day and made good choices. I DID exercise at three different intervals totaling 40 minutes. I did get in 8 glasses of water, but my body feels better and more full when I drink 10-12 cups. I did Walk outside. I did have a nice night with mom.
  • johicks
    Options
    @jwall309 Jessica… Good for you for hitting those balls! Did you imagine they were people? LOL You are doing great.

I need to get outside when I hit that emotional wall! Even if I were to take a cup of coffee or tea and just relax. Right!? Right! I like I tell my husband, change your perspective by getting up and moving to another part of the house to look out the window. I give good advice… lol I should follow it. hahaha

@MaelynMayhem~ You had a WONDERFUL Wednesday. I really need to step up my cups of water. I know I will feel more full. Do you drink only water? Do you count tea as water? I do. And I still only can get up to 10 or 12.

If I work on my water intake, that will keep me more full and give me something else to grab besides food! What do you all DRINK as water intake? Do any of you add flavors? Drink tea? (flavor?) Ideas, please!
    @ajaia2001~ TGIF to you! So a three-day weekend? Kicking some boot at camp! Lol ;)

@Fitgirllife72~ Added abs to the workout… awesome!!

@Gustaaf85~ A loss is a loss is a loss! Yes!

@Toyota100~ Better late than never. The week hasn’t closed, so you are fine. I’m glad you are going to continue and join us in May. I almost messaged you but wasn’t sure if I should. Next time I will. :)

And as for me.. Today… Thursday. I’m going to focus on the positive. And DO all the things I do right and well. And get feel those emotions, not feed them!

Daily Post (Thursday 4/25 - Just for Today!
    Track:
    Calories:
    Exercise:
    Daily Goals:
    Morning Affirmations
    Plan / pre-log food
    8+ water
    Walk outside 15 minutes
    A night with mom
    Wash face / Brush Hair
    Hot tea