Just saying hi from Wyoming!

Options
I found this group last week and after reading many of the threads, it seemed like you are an honest and friendly group of people. :smile: So I thought I'd introduce myself. I am a former age-group swimmer and have swam (and competed in) U.S. Masters Swimming. Knowing that, you'd probably be surprised that I currently weigh 325 lbs, down from 420 lbs at my peak and I still swim regularly.

g1lffwqlz42f.jpg

In fact, swimming is my favorite sport. I just love getting in the water and how I feel there. I'm definitely not fast, but right now I'm doing about 2,000 yds in just over one hour.

Well, I hope to get to know all of you!

Replies

• Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our group. We have all skill sets here and welcome everyone.
    You can get a lot of good advice here.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    Before long you'll be reporting swimming distances in miles instead of yards. :D
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I totally get it about feeling good in the water. I've been terrified of water my entire life, but something made me want to learn to swim almost 5 years ago. I mistakenly thought it looked "easy" because the people swimming laps looked to be doing it so effortlessly. Ha! But now I'm hooked. I'm not fast either, but I'm steady. Everybody has different skill levels and different goals, but we're all here because we love to swim!