• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    A big welcome to our newest members for May in Gutbusters:

@liss_k
    @momentarydenizen
    @hickchic67
    @poeticbriana

We're so happy to have you as part of our team!! Please jump right in an give an introduction when you have a chance!
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Do we weigh-in on Sunday or on the day we said when we registered?
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Glad to have you, @hickchic67!

@Micheller1210, I've been battling post-baby weight for 26 years now. :D

@allietuge, usually it's the day you registered as that is your start date. Just let me know if it needs to be changed.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Bonnie This Monday is my wigh in day. Does it count towards the may tally?
  • bdashnay
    bdashnay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This may be a silly question, but I have a hard time reading the standings. I’m assuming it goes based on % lost that week for the team. But sometimes a team wins, and when I look back on there, it’s not the highest % lost. (Like in week 3 of April, I believe Gutbusters won but another team had a higher %).

I’m just wondering if I’m missing something lol. I enjoy checking in to see how we are doing but I don’t trust the numbers I see lol.
  • BonnieHosk85
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Micheller1210, you will weigh in Monday for your May week 1 number and yes, that will count in May. Your starting weight was the weight you registered with. Let me know if you still have questions. :)

@bdashnay, I'm tagging @AB0215 for that question because I'm not sure.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Please welcome our newest team member @alexis1616 for the May challenge! Glad to have you, Alexis. Please post an introduction when you have a moment.
  • poeticbriana
    poeticbriana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m so excited to get started!
  • alexis1616
    alexis1616 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! First time here, super excited to join this challenge group and it’s nice to meet you all!
    I’m Alexis, and I’m trying to shed some pounds I gained while I was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago when I was 18. Although I’ve yo-yo’d the last few years since I’ve been in remission, I haven’t seemed to fully shed the last 25 pounds of fat I’d like to. I’m hoping this challenge will help me keep accountable and motivated to reach that goal!
  • Micheller1210
    Options
    I’m so excited to get started!

Me too....I shy away from commitments so this will stretch me. We can do this together😀
  • Micheller1210
    Options
    alexis1616 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! First time here, super excited to join this challenge group and it’s nice to meet you all!
    I’m Alexis, and I’m trying to shed some poundsl!

hi Alexis I too have had some serious health issues. Spent 7 weeks in the hospital last year alone. This year my goal is to get my weight under control and obviously to stay out of the hospital. So far so good. 🤗🦋 I'm sorry to hear about your health as well. I know that must of been tough for you and your family. Good news is our bodies are wonderfully made to over come ans with God's help he heals us.🌷🌻
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options

ingalynn
    May Week 1
    PW 205.2
    CW 205.5

gain .3

Not thrilled that it's a plus, but really pretty good considering the holiday and only exercising twice this week. Next week will be better.
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Are you ready to rock the month of May????

For those of you who are new to the group, here are some weigh-in FAQs:

•When do I post my weigh-in?
    Post on your "scheduled weigh-in day". So, if you posted a weight in the New Member Registration thread on a Tuesday, then your scheduled weigh-in day will be each Tuesday of the month. Let me know if you have a question.
    •Why is Week 1 beginning on Sunday? Haven't we already posted our starting weights?
    Think of it as a first birthday. You're born, then you must live a whole year before you can celebrate being 1. In this challenge, you post a starting weight, then you have a whole week to work on weight loss before you post your Week 1 weigh-in.
    •How do I post my weigh-in?
    Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: May Week 1
    PW: Previous Weight in pounds
    CW: Current Weight in pounds
    •What's my previous weight?
    If you're new, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever weight you posted in the New Member Registration thread or check out the current spreadsheet to see what your posted info says. If you're returning, your Week 1 previous weight is whatever your weight was in the last week of the previous month.
    •I'm still confused. Who can help me?
    Just ask a question here and tag me (@BonnieHosk85), or PM me and I'll do my best to get back as soon as possible. I want you to succeed as much as I want success for me. I will track you down if you miss your weigh-in, only because I care.

Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@Craig_King_1967
    @ingalynn - got it. Yes, not bad considering the holiday. You've got this!
    @Krogja29
    @LadySaton
    @lisadianhays55
    @shalvy2007
    @Syd43

Please post using this template:
    Username
    May Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • Syd43
    Syd43 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Syd43
    May week 1
    PW: 158.6
    CW: 158.9

sorry, wrong direction. keeping positive: planning my meals and exercise routines for the week
  • dirnali
    dirnali Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You got this! @Syd43
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    bdashnay wrote: »
    This may be a silly question, but I have a hard time reading the standings. I’m assuming it goes based on % lost that week for the team. But sometimes a team wins, and when I look back on there, it’s not the highest % lost. (Like in week 3 of April, I believe Gutbusters won but another team had a higher %).

I’m just wondering if I’m missing something lol. I enjoy checking in to see how we are doing but I don’t trust the numbers I see lol.

After the week ends, and the winner's post is made, the totals may change due to team member drop outs after the weekly standings are published, or if a weight was entered after the weekly winners were posted. For example if someone posted their weight late, it will change the numbers due to the new information, but as they posted late, we do not correct the winner's post. It someone is no longer on the team, the totals will change as the calculations were done with them on the sheet and now that they are no longer there, the calculations change because it's re-calculated with them removed, all of the calculations happen automatically, not manually. And we do not change the weekly results in this case either as they were a part of the team at the time the post was made. Each time a change to the spreadsheet is made, the totals update, automatically.

If you went back and looked at the first weeks of the challenge, the totals would most definitely not match the weekly posted winners as a lot of the members do not make it to the end of the month. The spreadsheet always contains the most up to date standings, as it contains the most up to date team member information, but you will see the totals change on the spreadsheet and there is no way around that as the spreadsheet updates itself every time someone leaves the challenge.

Basically, the weekly postings contain the winners at the close of the week at the time that the post was made.
    I hope that explains the discrepancies.

And on a side note, if this is in reference to Week 3 of April** this is because one of the members of the team (Gutbusters) made an error in posting their weight on the thread which showed an inaccurate loss for that member and thus caused Gutbusters to show as winning when they did not and I am correcting the post today, I just have not been able to make the change yet due to time constraints.
  • Micheller1210
    Options
    Syd43 wrote: »
    Syd43
    May week 1
    PW: 158.6
    CW: 158.9

sorry, wrong direction. keeping positive: planning my meals and exercise routines for the week

Its ok its just a few oz. You will reflect a loss☺ I keep telling myself my team needs me 😉 And I need them! Together we can do it 💜
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Please be sure to check the April thread for corrected Week 3 results, Week 4 results, and April's Final Results.
    We took first place in April, team!! Way to go!!

I would like to challenge each Gutbuster member to post each week in May, no matter what. We can do this. Even if you've had a rough week and maybe gained, there is no condemnation here, no judgment. We are all in this together. Let's pull for each other and keep going no matter what. Your team needs you!
    kyndq481dbpr.jpg

Much respect for each of you for taking control and aiming for better health!! <3
This discussion has been closed.