New Member, I think I’m Keto?

Options
2»

Replies

• GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Or it means that I am excreting more ketones and therefore more fat is breaking down than my body is able to use. I’m down 13 pounds in two weeks, so I think that’s likely. Maybe when my losses slow, I’ll use all the ketones I excrete. Maybe not. I’ve done this before for six months and I also was dropping color. So....
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    :unamused:
    As you can imagine, my tolerance for *kitten* flinging is already hanging on a thin thread. Can we not do battle today?

GammieLCHF and tmpecus78 are ok with each other, so we'll let it lie. The end.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    A perfect and beautiful happy loving way to know you're in full time ketosis. I'm jolly and happy knowing that I am not just in ketosis but in full time optimal ketosis. With urine strips I wouldn't have a clue what was truly going on with my metabolism. Happy happy love and hugs for you all! <3

lfh48ht40nr3.jpg
    5kvl0dq34aju.png

• PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Even better today after raising my proteins even more for this week. Fasting blood sugar is perfect too :)
    Fat intake way down, protein up and carbs still very low at under 15 but most days around 10 gr or less. Seems upping protein, upping calories, increasing my fasting hours has really tweeked things nicely. Seems a little contrary to some of the info out there hmmmm 🤔 :) Lean mass building = good good good :)

gipcloifrnyd.jpg
    ecufkp9tccwy.jpg

• GammieLCHF
    Options
    Yes! Exactly! Bye bye, stored energy... st3s584mp6jw.jpeg
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have only used the urine strips in the past, and I'm one of those people who tend to not test high. Within 6 months, my ketones were rarely more than trace. The only way my urine ketones would go up was if I was fasting.

I don't mind it though. I don't need high ketones for any medical reason. I'm hoping my body is just using my ketones effectively because I usually eat over 5g of carbs a day - I should be in ketosis. ;)
  • GammieLCHF
    Options
    Def!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The ketones are a byproduct of the body burning fat for energy and seeing them on a urine strip is motivating! It lets you know that you are burning fat, which is the goal of the ketogenic woe. You aren’t losing anything from them being excreted via your urine. I can’t see a rationale for wanting to keep the ketones when they’re a left over product from the fat your body has burned.