Saying hello.

Options
Roobyzooby
Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
Hi ladies, just found this group after doing a search. I'm 47, and things have been going bonkers for about 2 years or so. Throughout which I have managed to loose a lot of weight and doing pretty well maintaining it. But I am so bloated all the time, on day 17 of current period and I can't fasten my button on my trousers. They are baggy on my backside and thighs, but have to suck my stomach in to fasten them. It's soo not good.

Replies

• 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi RoobyZooby... welcome to the group and menopause. I’m through it (I think 🤔)...feeling pretty good. I hear you with the stomach fat. I’m working hard now to take it off.
  • Corr_Paisley
    Corr_Paisley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi RoobyZooby (cute choice of name, btw),
    I'm new to the group, though not new to the whole peri/menopause happenings. :) I'm 51 years old and currently chugging along with the whole perimenopause affects, including but not limited to sporadic periods, sleep struggles, more aggressive anxiety, almost past the night sweats and heat flashes thankfully (tho still warmer than most around me), slower metabolism, slowing labido (tho my husband doesn't mind as he wasn't the high-drive one lol), and the (rather uncommon) unbearable itchy hand & feet issue. Such fun. ;)
    Welcome to the group and to peri/menopause. ♥
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi I recently joined this group too. I'm 46 & started missing a period now & then.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for the welcome ladies, some days it feels like such a struggle dealing with all the changes. Good to know its not just me.
    I walk a lot, out of necessity as I don't drive and live in a rural town and I try to get a fair amount of exercise in at home, stationary bike and elliptical. I find it eases the stomach cramps and generally makes me feel less ugghhhh.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Roobyzooby wrote: »
    Thankyou for the welcome ladies, some days it feels like such a struggle dealing with all the changes. Good to know its not just me.
    I walk a lot, out of necessity as I don't drive and live in a rural town and I try to get a fair amount of exercise in at home, stationary bike and elliptical. I find it eases the stomach cramps and generally makes me feel less ugghhhh.

Do you ever experience cramps outside of your period? I just finished my period, and yet it still feels like I'm cramping. I've been playing around with my HRT dosage, so don't know if it's a side effect of that or not.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • anthocyanina
    anthocyanina Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Just joined MFP and this group today.
    I'm 50 and doing fairly well in perimenopause, although just when I think it's finally all over, another period (and round of migraines) comes along to prove me wrong.
  • alffmfp
    alffmfp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just turned 54 and realized that my last period was on my birthday LAST year. It official. Hello menopause. I do not use HRT. I do have mild night sweats and the occasional hot flash. I had some pretty annoying weight gain which I use MFP to help me combat.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    53 here and last period was around October or November....this is the longest I've gone so this might be it! Some sweats and depression and weight gain, but no hrt yet.....oh and the worst part is hair thinning!
  • Corr_Paisley
    Corr_Paisley Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Roobyzooby wrote: »

Do you ever experience cramps outside of your period? I just finished my period, and yet it still feels like I'm cramping. I've been playing around with my HRT dosage, so don't know if it's a side effect of that or not.

I still find I have cramps around the timeframe where I'd normally get a period on occasion but, thankfully, that's about it ... well, the pms-dragon hits on occasion too, which is not a joy for myself or anyone around me that's for sure!
  • gwendolynmusick
    gwendolynmusick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 46 and was diagnosed as being in perimenopause in my late thirties. I'm hoping I'm coming to an end. I skip periods constantly, the longest time being six months. I have that stubborn belly fat and I have hot flashes. I was taking Estroven for hot flashes, but it turns out that it makes me have more of them! Go figure. Anyway, sleep is a hit or a miss, which can be a pain. I have noticed that my diet makes a huge difference in how I feel. If I eat too much sugar I have more hot flashes and I am tired.
  • rancidveg
    rancidveg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Just found this group. I am 55 and am in menopause. I have also started HRT because I couldn't function in the world. Before HRT I felt like I had run a marathon very day, everyone was bursting with energy and I was dragging myself around and going to bed at 8 pm every night, if I could justify going to bed at 7pm I would have. Not advocating HRT just explaining my situation .
    I am looking for friendship and support in regards to weightloss and the menopausal woman .
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    rancidveg wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just found this group. I am 55 and am in menopause. I have also started HRT because I couldn't function in the world. Before HRT I felt like I had run a marathon very day, everyone was bursting with energy and I was dragging myself around and going to bed at 8 pm every night, if I could justify going to bed at 7pm I would have. Not advocating HRT just explaining my situation .
    I am looking for friendship and support in regards to weightloss and the menopausal woman .

My friends and I referred to this as "crushing fatigue". I hate it. I started on HRT as well, but right now am only using prescription bio-identical progesterone, and over the counter estriol/estradiol. My body seems to still produce quite a bit of estrogen and it's easy for me to become estrogen dominant, which also isn't fun.
  • RockinMBC
    RockinMBC Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello (again) all! I’m returning to MFP for about the fifth time!

I’ve been post-meno for 5 years and was just diagnosed with osteoporosis the week before my 55th Birthday (ironically it was Osteoperosis Awareness Month). Bummed - but I’ll soldier on.

Would love to friend some folks with the same issue! I’m incorporating Tai Chi for balance work and daily walking for weight bearing exercise and paying attention to tracking my calcium intake.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!