TEAM: Gutbusters (May)

Options

Replies

• allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @Syd43
    I'm so jealous!! I love zumba - the gym that had the best zumba class shut down two years ago. I miss it so much.
  • deanit
    deanit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Username deanit
    May week 1
    PW: 176.7
    CW: 174.1
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!
    May Week 1
    Previous Weight: 142
    Current weight: 140.6
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@deanit - got it. Nice loss!
    @dirnali
    @fe452436
    @Jonna13
    @keepingtrack1234 - got it. Nice loss, also!
    @mctiff24
    @planj
    @poeticbriana
    @BonnieHosk85 - I'll weigh in on Sunday morning when I'm home.

Please post using this template:
    Username
    May Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • poeticbriana
    poeticbriana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m 153.8 as of today
  • beloved0922
    beloved0922 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bdashnay wrote: »
    Username: bdashnay
    Weigh in week: May week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 230.0
    Todays Weight: 225.1 (-4.9)

Wow. I am surprised and proud of this, although I think I may be losing too fast. I’ve been counting my calories on MfP for lightly active which was telling me to eat 1750 calories to lose 1.5lbs a week. I lost a total of 9.8lbs in April which is almost 2.5lbs/week.

I’m wondering if I should keep doing this for another month based on what MfP is saying to lose 1.5lb/week and being lightly active? Or should I change it to 1lb a week or change it to active..... to increase my daily calories.

Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing the numbers go down but I want to be sure I’m doing it in a healthy way.

Thanks for your input 🙂

@bdashnay I think if you are feeling good, eating a balanced diet (all the colors of the rainbow), getting good sleep, staying hydrated; and not feeling dizzy or weak or short of breath or chest palpitations or pain, etc., then you can keep your calories at 1750. I think your loss will slow down as your weight decreases. Just my opinion.
    If you are concerned certainly see your doc and/or make adjustments.

Here's to your health!
  • mctiff24
    mctiff24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Mctiff24
    May week 1
    PW: 185.6
    CW: 185.6
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, more cleaning David's apartment, vacuuming living room, bedroom, clean tub and counter, clean kitchen and fridge, then putting things away in his new apartment, approx. 2-3 hours total. Fitbit has died so won't be adding any more calories burned, but I won't be getting up off the couch anymore today!!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, way under, only ate breakfast and late lunch at 3 p.m.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sorry folks. I've gone off track with family birthday celebrations. Trying to reign it in today.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Over an hour today between lifting and cardio!

Calories? Yes. Just barely squeaked under the line!

Tracked? Yes. Today’s tracking was awkward because I was having nibbles here and there, but I made myself track every nibble. 🤣 I had a chocolate and almost didn’t track it because I thought omg it’s just 40 calories, forget it, but I’m glad I buckled down and tracked it because that one treat was seven by the end of the day. 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    hickchic67
    May week 1
    Exercised?: Yes, deep cleaning house
    Calories?: Yes, 267 below
    Tracked?: Yes, every bit
  • Syd43
    Syd43 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes. Body pump and outdoor hike with dogs

Calories? Barely under..and sodium over bc had dinner at restaurant

Tracked? Yes
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    Good morning! Today we’re looking for weigh-ins from:

@forbes_melissa
    @Matthewsfive

Please post using this template:

Username
    May Week 1
    PW:
    CW:
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Username Jonna 13
    May Week 1
    PW: 158.4
    CW: 158.2

:)
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Matthewsfive
    Week 1
    PW:227.4
    CW: 226.4
  • forbes_melissa
    forbes_melissa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Username forbes_melissa
    May Week 1
    PW: 167.3
    CW: 165.7
  • BonnieHosk85
    Options
    A great end to Week 1, Fellow Gutbusters! We've lost 31.2 pounds this week. I'm weighing in tomorrow and hopefully will add to that number (wasn't home on normal weigh-in day). Six members have not weighed in yet this week and hopefully, they will. Remember, if you miss two weeks in a row you are removed from the challenge. :'(

Hope you all have a fantastic evening!
    Bonnie

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, travel day, walked 28 minutes at 3 rest stops on the way home.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes,
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Happy Star Wars Day all! ^_^ We had a very junky celebration day here, but thankfully I could afford the calories because this was also my long run day! 😁

Exercise? Today was a 9 mile run, my longest yet, and several miles of recovery walking. I’ve found I really regret it if I don’t walk a good bit on my long run days.

Calories? Under my goal!

Tracked? Every nibble accounted for. 😋

I’m curious to see what my weight will be in the morning. I was a bit down this morning, moreso than I expected to see, but I imagine I’ll be retaining water due to recovering from my long run and all the salty food today. Not to mention the sheer bulk of food likely to still be in my system that I took in thanks to eating back exercise calories. Fingers crossed to show some kind of loss, even if small.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Checking in, Been up, since 5:30. Ran errands till 2:30 heavy groceries shopping, costco. Did work and getting the house in order.... my husband is home. Celebrated on moving the business forward. I failed miserably at the szechuan restaurant. I ordered snow pea young greens, Not sure about the sodium intake. Expecting water retention.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ingalynn
    May week 2
    PW: 205.5
    CW 206.4
    +.9

So I'm up again this week. Not really sure how, but I got some good exercise in and I'm happy about that. I also wore jeans last night that I haven't worn in a long time, so I know I am losing inches. Hopefully, I am just holding water.
This discussion has been closed.