May 5 Sign In

Options

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    May 5
    Exercise: hiked (moderate trail, 6000 ft altitude) -2 hr 51min; 6.25 mi
    Calories: under 1700 (target goal for "training" days when exercising long)
    Tracked: yes
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for Sunday
    1 hr dog walk, tried to jog a little but the knee still isnt ready. At least sharp pains are gone, making progress!
  • DreamAchiever33
    DreamAchiever33 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - playing and racing my kiddos at the park... my watch picked it up as exercise - so I'll count it also!

I’m not sure how you logged it but just running or walking is short changing yourself for offsetting additional calories. Running after children would include aspects of functional training: side and forward lunges, squats, forward and side bends (and stretches I imagine), lower body strength workout if you happen to pick them up, and so forth. It’s most definitely a workout! I’ll bet it was more exhausting then your standard workout!!

Good for you!!!! 🏃🏻‍♀️🤾🏻‍♀️🤸🏽‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🤼‍♀️💪🏼👏

I haven't been logging anything in MFP for exercise (but am being accountable to the 20 minutes). I have a Samsung phone and watch, so if I'm wearing it and it picks up my walks or exercise it adds it. This time it registered as 'Other workout'. I'm not too concerned since it's my first month, hoping to just build the accountability habit. :) However, when I do get to the point of wanting to be more active, I will probably have questions :). It was definitely a workout - we also went on a 30 minute walk after supper last night as a bonus!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,000 Member
    Options
    marthall wrote: »
    May 5
    Tracked?: Yes

Calories?: Yes.
    Yes by a tiny margin, very tough day, ended up eating way more than intended and needed a emergency brisk hour's walk to keep things in the black.

Exercised?: Yes.
    45 Min Cycle (two deer), a Second Family Cycle and walk of about an hour and a half, leisurely with coffee stop. Emergency 60 Min Hike at dusk.

@ShareASmile I'm located on the North Yorkshire Coast, England. Near Whitby. Lots of outdoors, not so much organised group exercise options. (I miss the Yoga classes I used to do before moving here)
    @krea4 new habits are tough, I struggle. But as MadisonMolly2017 said, small changes do add up and progress can be made. I also overeat when stressed, and I 'give up' if it all gets too much, so I'm a serial starter. I've had to gradually work on other aspects of my life because I can't succeed with weight loss and fitness unless I address the underlying cause. I'm not sure if I am there yet, but I have made slow progress over the years. Be proud that you are trying and celebrate every small success because that is the path to take.

@marthall
    I’m really impressed with the effort you put in at dusk to stay within the goals you set for yourself! Terrific!

I agree with underlying causes, but also want to offer something that helped me even more!

If I found/find myself worrying/stressed, I exercise (which you do), take some deep breaths (which I’ve been taught stop the fight & flight reaction & calm the parasympathetic system), and use my mantra... “the Past is passed.” I then take one more deep breath & let all that worry & stress flow out of me...

But here’s what I wanted to share (no doubt you do all of those) ... Find something you LOVE to do. Give yourself permission to do it - as your top priority, not your last. It’s been a game changer for me. I realized food was not only my comfort, but also the way I connected to people & relaxed.

It took a lot of rewriting my brain to realize food is not comfort (not the next morning when I weigh myself or when I hated going clothes shopping & nothing looked good or even immediately after when I realized What I’d done)

And food is not relaxing (for all the reasons above)... doing something we LOVE is, Exercising is (afterwards lol), seeing friends and family with no food involved is, joining groups & classes who have similar interests is!

Yoga helps a lot. Have you considered on-line yoga classes?

I have developed my art practice from Maybe Someday to a Daily Companion, Mood Lifter, and Comfort. I’m in 2 classes & 2 art groups & Ive started my own creativity groups at my house 1-3 X a month, as well as taking on a 5th & a 9th grader to tutor in art.

Part of our task is losing & keeping off our excess weight. Part is exercising & being as healthy as we’d like to be. And I’d argue that the 3rd part is discovering that early dream we had as a middle schooler that got put in the back burner as we pursued careers, etc. Finding & fanning the flames of what brings us Joy is Crucial ❣️
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass 1
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Wild pass day made me giggle!!

yes x 3
  • MelissaSheklian
    MelissaSheklian Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I checked in yesterday or not, so

Exercise- yes, about an hourlong walk with the dog
    Calories- yes
    Tracked- yes
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Exercised: yes walking
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I started with my nutrition too..makes it easier to add exercise when your diets in order
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - playing and racing my kiddos at the park... my watch picked it up as exercise - so I'll count it also!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes!

I have to say, I am amazed that I'm not starving.... and I'm under my calories nearly daily. I'm not doing heavy exercising yet, but going from nothing to a fast walk/running around with my kids is doing something. Since the 1st, I'm down 8 lbs (tbh, about 3 of those were put on in the 2 days leading up to this challenge :# ). I know it won't continue at this pace, but I'm excited for a good start!!

Great job everyone!

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 30 minutes mini-trampoline plus 30 minutes after-supper walk with Hubby.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Also from Ottawa, Canada (like @fitphoenix
  • CathieMW
    CathieMW Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    May 5

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes, cleaning the house for a couple hours.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No. Super tired all day so I found myself eating to stay energized enough to get things done.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes I was tempted to throw in the towel but I’ve done that too often then my weekly report from MFP is not accurate and not useful.

Pass day #1.
  • strongkater
    strongkater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    May 5
    PASS!

Fun BBQ with friends. Tracked. Didnt work out or come in under.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    Tracked yes
    Calories no
    Exercise yes

That is already 2x no 😣
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Yes x3