WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    cory17 wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170 ...Here are my steps for the week. I won't bother to post my water and exercise because I didn't do either every day. It's been a crazy, hit and miss kinda week.

lt1i5svclyjc.png

How do you post this from your phone?

I don't. I haven't figured out how to do it from my phone. I've been doing it directly on the website.

How ? I'm a dinosaur - but trying to learn.

I have an Android phone. I go to my Fitbit app to the screen I need to take a screen shot of. Then I swipe my hand across the screen and it takes the screen shot. (I just learned how to do this part too within the last month or so.) Then on the computer, I go to my Google photos, copy the pic, go the MFP website to the community where I want to post, then I just paste it (control-V). Hope that helps.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    Still looking for Weigh-In Report from

@tdrjustus3

No-one due tomorrow (Tuesday)

• BMcC9
    Options
    Official step report from yesterday (Sunday May 12) 10,816
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 ....Here are my water and steps for 5/12/19 and 5/13/19.

rgga91arxgfu.png

pqir3dt0dgvp.png
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Talk It Out Tuesday. Need to vent? Looking for brainstorming ideas? Hoping for advice on some technical issue or other (like for instance .... see exchange between cory17 and evangsimmons170 just above)

Tell us about it! Someone here can probably help or advise! You are sure of a sympathetic ear and support.

• BMcC9
    Options
    how does one syncronize a fitbit to MFP? do I need the app? (currently I have fitbit synced to my tablet, and habitually use the website for MFP)

Can I UN-sync them later if I wish?
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Monday steps: 10.469
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Random question: I roasted some sweet potato cubes with a spray of olive oil. I'm wondering if anyone on here can help me work out the calories. My potato weighed 400 gr raw. On MFP I'm finding listings for raw whole sweet potato 25 calories and for 100 gram - 90 calories (which would be 360 for 400 gr?). And then everything in between.
    Which one is it? The descrepancy is ridiculous...
    When I searched roasted sweet potatoes (as opposed to raw) I also get a whole variety of results.
    Thanks!
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    5/13
    Steps 11359
    Water 120oz
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Random question: I roasted some sweet potato cubes with a spray of olive oil. I'm wondering if anyone on here can help me work out the calories. My potato weighed 400 gr raw. On MFP I'm finding listings for raw whole sweet potato 25 calories and for 100 gram - 90 calories (which would be 360 for 400 gr?). And then everything in between.
    Which one is it? The descrepancy is ridiculous...
    When I searched roasted sweet potatoes (as opposed to raw) I also get a whole variety of results.
    Thanks!

This drives me crazy too. I find it is probably the most accurate to find the raw vegetable, preferably one with a check mark (meaning it has been verified) or check on one of the national nutrition sites (USDA in the US). Then the separate calories for the oil. For sweet potatoes, I generally have one half of a medium potato (just by eyeballing the sizes generally available in the store), then I count the oil I sauté or roast it in by itself.

You will NEVER get a completely accurate calorie count. But you will get close enough to have a good idea of how much you are eating. Don't go for the low counts just to help yourself out (I used to do that!) but try to find the verified or most common amount among the many.

Creating recipes works really well too - when there is something you are going to make often, you can enter one ingredient at a time, figure out how many servings you get from that, and it figures it all out for you.

It isn't perfect, but hopefully you can get close enough to feel confident that your total for the day is relatively close.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    STEPPERS!

We are no longer tracking water this week, but you can keep reporting it if you want to. I'll just be recording the steps.

Even if your steps will never match the numbers of our stars, go ahead and report them if you want to! I do, and they are never impressive. I also do other exercise and don't worry about that number. It is kind of fun to know at the end of the day, though, so I just carry my phone around with its little step counter and let it do its thing.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    STEPPERS!

We are no longer tracking water this week, but you can keep reporting it if you want to. I'll just be recording the steps.

Even if your steps will never match the numbers of our stars, go ahead and report them if you want to! I do, and they are never impressive. I also do other exercise and don't worry about that number. It is kind of fun to know at the end of the day, though, so I just carry my phone around with its little step counter and let it do its thing.

So we're not doing the water, steps, and weight loss challenge?
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Question: I had a REALLY good eating/exercising/water day yesterday (5/13/19). When I clicked on 'complete diary' last night, it said that 'if every day was like today, I'd weigh _____ in 5 weeks.' This isn't my first time seeing this, but I was taken aback because the projected number it gave me is 30 pounds less than I am right now. That super motivated me today because I want to find out how accurate the prediction is. There's only one way to find out: Have another equally successful day today, and tomorrow, and every day. I'm so excited to think that it's possible. Even if I don't hit the mark, if I maintain my efforts from yesterday, I will be SO much closer to that mark than I am right now.

So my question is: Has anyone tested the MFP prediction to see if it's actually accurate? Were you successful?
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Test
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Steps Monday - 8,116
    💦 88 ounces
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday and saw a correlating change on the scale this am. and my am BG was good today and head is clearer. So @evangsimmons170 here's to OUR successful day today!
    Figured how to screenshot, but couldn't get it to go into the reply box on mfp. :/ eventually...
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    5/10
    Steps - 15422

5/11
    Steps - 11298
  • micki48
    Options
    Question: I had a REALLY good eating/exercising/water day yesterday (5/13/19). When I clicked on 'complete diary' last night, it said that 'if every day was like today, I'd weigh _____ in 5 weeks.' This isn't my first time seeing this, but I was taken aback because the projected number it gave me is 30 pounds less than I am right now. That super motivated me today because I want to find out how accurate the prediction is. There's only one way to find out: Have another equally successful day today, and tomorrow, and every day. I'm so excited to think that it's possible. Even if I don't hit the mark, if I maintain my efforts from yesterday, I will be SO much closer to that mark than I am right now.

So my question is: Has anyone tested the MFP prediction to see if it's actually accurate? Were you successful?

I personally have not seen it come to fruition. I marked 5 weeks on my calendar once to see. In all honesty, all my days were not like THAT day and that may make the difference. I eat varied things from day to day and my steps and exercise level are not consistent so that may be why I didn’t make it. I’ve been seeing estimates in Onederland for weeks and I’ve yet to get there. I’m hovering around 200. But do your test and go for it and be sure to let us know your results. That would be interesting. Good luck.
  • micki48
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    how does one syncronize a fitbit to MFP? do I need the app? (currently I have fitbit synced to my tablet, and habitually use the website for MFP)

Can I UN-sync them later if I wish?

Not sure I can answer your questions, but I do know you have to go into MFP settings under steps and change it from your phone to your Fitbit. It took me a few weeks to figure this out. I still can’t get my exercise synced on the two. If I record it to MFP it goes on Fitbit, but my Fitbit exercises that are picked up don’t go to MFP. Also the same thing with my water. Hope the steps info helped. Any answers on my other issues, I’d love to hear.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Well done on sticking to it!
    I tested this when I started MFP and it did come to fruition! So definitely worth giving it a go. Now i am finding it much harder to stay within my calorie limit (limit has been decreased) so sadly predictions aren't quite working as well.
    5 weeks is a very good measure for testing, not too long but enough to see a good drop.
    Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.