WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,428 Member
    Options
    The 5th person will (in theory) be back on Monday. He is primary on what I have been doing.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,200 Member
    Options
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Wednesday 5/8:
    Steps: 16681
    Water: 152.1oz

Tuesday 5/7:
    Steps: 18663

Monday 5/6:
    Steps: 18816 (corrected amount)

Sunday 5/5:
    Steps: 7974
    Water: 118.3oz

I have a small request for you (and others posting their steps and all) -
    Could you please only post the new ones that have not already been reported? Or any revisions you want to make, of course. When several days are there, I go back and forth to the spreadsheet and see that days are already posted, and it takes extra time. I try to keep the bookkeeping part of this group as quick as possible!

Of course, some people always report many days at once, but they do not report every day, so that's fine! As long as everything is new. If I am missing any days, I'll always let you know.

Thanks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,200 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Last week we went from team of 5 (plus two part-time students) to team of 3 (no students) ... now back to team of 4 (with 1 full-time student). I was thrown head first into Surge Support of something I am 100% ZERO experience in ... at a particularly high-volume time when the people who are supposed to be reviewing dockets at various stages of the (unfamiliar to me ) process were scrambling too, and missing things I didn't know enough to watch for ...

I survived. I have been avoiding both stress eating and "victory / survived it!!" eating of fresh baked goods in the caff.

That sounds crazy - good thing your other person gets back soon! That feeling of missing things you didn't even know you were supposed to be looking for is a really terrible one, but there is something exciting about the learning process, even though it is stressful. Sounds like you did more than survive - you GOT it!

I have had a stressy week too - the spreadsheet disaster and crazy changes I spend ages working on (hopefully this went blissfully past everyone and no one was too worried!), a possible brush with Lyme disease (I picked up an unwanted hitchhiker while visiting my dad in the States) that is hopefully all taken care of (love my doctor right now), AGES on hold while trying to straighten out a credit card error from a store during the same visit to my dad, etc. etc.... I can't say I did as well as Barb, though! Yesterday there was some stress eating and beer. Today is a semi-fasting day, with breathing exercises, work in the garden, and a nice long grooming session for my horse. That calms us both. I haven't been riding much lately and really need to get back to that. The roads are getting a bit better (yay mud season :/ ). OK - enough of my rant of the day. The sun is shining and things are looking up!
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    5/8 - 14,460
    Water 48 oz (not so good).

I simply get busy at work and forget to drink water. Amy tips and tricks?.
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Steps 11204
    Water 136oz
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    jlbtnc wrote: »
    Wednesday 5/8:
    Steps: 16681

Tuesday 5/7:
    Steps: 18663

Monday 5/6:
    Steps: 18816 (corrected amount)

Sunday 5/5:
    Steps: 7974
    Water: 118.3oz

I have a small request for you (and others posting their steps and all) -
    Could you please only post the new ones that have not already been reported? Or any revisions you want to make, of course. When several days are there, I go back and forth to the spreadsheet and see that days are already posted, and it takes extra time. I try to keep the bookkeeping part of this group as quick as possible!

Of course, some people always report many days at once, but they do not report every day, so that's fine! As long as everything is new. If I am missing any days, I'll always let you know.

Thanks!

@jugar sorry for the confusion, and yes I did see your post earlier and will only post one day unless miss one or correct an amount.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,266 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 It also means that I have hit my maintenance calories - that was what the sad face was for...lol I have been reverse dieting for a bit now because I found I was dropping my cals when I didn't see the scale move and was down to 1300cals...for my activity it was just way to low and my body was pissed...lol. So I am happy to say that I have reached 2215cals a day. Am going to maintain for a week or so then cut 150-200cals and see what happens...
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,266 Member
    Options
    5/8
    Steps 10977
    Water 103oz
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Last week we went from team of 5 (plus two part-time students) to team of 3 (no students) ... now back to team of 4 (with 1 full-time student). I was thrown head first into Surge Support of something I am 100% ZERO experience in ... at a particularly high-volume time when the people who are supposed to be reviewing dockets at various stages of the (unfamiliar to me ) process were scrambling too, and missing things I didn't know enough to watch for ...

I survived. I have been avoiding both stress eating and "victory / survived it!!" eating of fresh baked goods in the caff.

And it just dawned on me half-way through the morning .... I'm not even two full weeks in yet ... and yesterday I started training the student on what to do / watch out for (!?!?!?!)

Good thing I pick up what is visually "in-pattern + acceptable-variant vs out-of-pattern" so easily. Always have.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    .... I have had a stressy week too - the spreadsheet disaster and crazy changes I spend ages working on (hopefully this went blissfully past everyone and no one was too worried!), a possible brush with Lyme disease (I picked up an unwanted hitchhiker while visiting my dad in the States) that is hopefully all taken care of (love my doctor right now), AGES on hold while trying to straighten out a credit card error from a store during the same visit to my dad, etc. etc.... I can't say I did as well as Barb, though! Yesterday there was some stress eating and beer. Today is a semi-fasting day, with breathing exercises, work in the garden, and a nice long grooming session for my horse. That calms us both. I haven't been riding much lately and really need to get back to that. The roads are getting a bit better (yay mud season :/ ). OK - enough of my rant of the day. The sun is shining and things are looking up!

Good to hear you heading for what is calming to you both .... enjoy the bonding time!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    ewgkucr077xi.jpg
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5/9

Steps 11323
    Water 120oz
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options
    Really out of control eating today. Not sure why. Probably needed more water, but I wasn’t drinking like I should. I logged everything. Way over. But I’ll get myself back on track with my next meal.o

Steps Wednesday 8,100
    💦 84 ounces
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Thursday 5/9:
    Steps: 15374

Username: jlbtnc
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 197.6
    Todays Weight: 194.8
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Steps
    5/9---12,837
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    My weight was the same as last week.
    I will find it later.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9
    Week 1
    PW 135.2
    CW 135.6
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Hello team! I’m sorry I just disappeared last month. I had a very busy birthday month and travelling then my surgery. It was all a bit chaotic and overwhelming to say the least.

I am happy to say all went well with my surgery. I am 2 weeks post op yesterday and finally starting to feel a bit more like myself again. The surgeon removed 6lbs of skin from my tummy. I am still dealing with quite a bit of swelling and a hematoma that has formed on my lower abdomen. This is currently being drained twice a week.

I have now set myself small goals to get back to where I was by the time I reach 6 weeks post op. My goal at the moment is at least 5,000 steps a day, 10 active minutes on my Fitbit, 5 floors climed a day. I am doing good with my food and water intake and now that I’m no longer on the heavy duty meds I will go back to doing IF next week.

Can I please be added back onto the challenge for May?

My starting weight is 163.9 (last Saturday)

My steps so far are

Sun - 1613
    Mon - 2812
    Tue - 6933
    Wed - 5252
    Thu - 9205

Great to have you "home again" !! What day do you want your official weigh-in to be? Saturday?
This discussion has been closed.