Debating trying my ground beef diet again

Options
2»

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    There's a lot of kittens in your post, but I think you're talking about poop and bums. I can say that I didn't experience the same thing, possibly because I was already several years into eating as a carnivore. I don't know. My digestion has become so "tame" that I rarely think about it as a thing. It's a lot like breathing, you don't think about it until something isn't right.

Indeed I am.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Update new podcast/youtube from https://thefatemperor.com/preview-the-science-of-carnivore-can-it-cure-podcast-23-releasing-sun-16th-may/ Carnivore and solving serious health problems May19/2019.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    The 30 days of nothing but ground beef that I did on here was really one of the best things I did. I try not to get too preachy about my filthy zerocarb ways, but it is amazing how it makes you feel.

Edit: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat

There's the blog. You'll need to be my friend to see it. I was getting way too much hate when it was visible to the public.

Just sent you a friend's request, this all beef thing completely fascinates me! Are you seasoning it or using condiments? I'm trying to wrap my mind around that much ground beef-I've only eaten it on tacos or taco salad, lol.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    For that time, I was seasoning it. I have gone periods of beef without seasoning.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Hey I've done 2 weeks on ground beef and ground pork. Works very well and your nutrients and not screwed.
  • Chillycatmansmum
    Chillycatmansmum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I remember the original meat May and thoroughly enjoyed it - would go back to it again but going for keto first as has been so long for me since I did any healthy eating - it’s definitely worth doing felt amazing
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you again. Welcome back!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 1/2 of fresh ground beef after McDonalds started serving it a few years ago on days I get to town since it is a $3.17 a la carte meal since I get two 1/4 pounder patties and a senior cup of coffee (3x per visit) and 10 packs of mustard as a topping. Locally patties are $1.20 each but have paid as much as $2.50 each on the road. Over a week ago the wife got knocked down in the horse lot and broke a hip so I am eating more tuna Zero pasta but the daughter is here so I should do a run to get more nuts and stuff for the wife. :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Wishing a speedy recovery to your wife @GaleHawkins.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Thanks. Since it was not a full separation they put in 3 pins and hopefully the bone will stay health and knit back well. It has been 10 days and she goes back to the surgeon next week. Thankfully I have been working on my health recovery for the last 5 years because we have 7 mini horses and on large one, 8 large dogs and some cats. The daughter is working in a youth camp this summer and will be out of the country for the fall semester. So far I been getting along scooping poop, feeding and putting out the hay but the daughter is currently back at the house every weekend. It was so hard at first but I seem to be getting stronger. One horse was chasing another and she got knocked down in the process. Next week I am going to work to get a new home for 5 of the mini horses. She has helped me through hip replacements when I had both replaced the same day in Aug 1991 then the left revision in 2006 when I was mowing on a steep dewy bank. Thankfully she was very active and her bones are healthy the doctor said. I am just so glad I was up and going so I could help her this time around.

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Wow, GaleH. I hope your wife is feeling stronger soon and that she knits up well!
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Thanks @canadjineh. We can tell she is feeling stronger and joking more. This week is to be her first visit back to the surgeon plus she has two PT days. She is the type to push for 20 hours day after day so the down time may be helpful for her plus for me to realize the need to help her more around the place now that I can do more.

While the daughter was in this weekend she retrained me on the cat, dog and horse needs. In the process of buying and installing a 6' 10'x10' covered dog kennel yesterday and going getting the trailer and returning it I ate 1.5 pounds of fresh ground beef by the way during 3 McD stops.

The story behind having 8 puppies with 6 left (now 50 pounds each) is we live in a dog drop zone it seems and the mom dropped 8 female pups 5 months ago in thanks for feeding her all winter. :) My wife and daughter has done such a good job of training them I want to keep them all and we make keep three. One we were planning to let go yesterday when I got back from taking the truck home was at my car door with an empty water bottle that had fallen out earlier during the day that I did not pick up in the rush. When I took it she let go and I dropped it in the trash can. Animals doing things like that ( It is hard for me to bend over and do) boggles my mind without training. We also picked up 10 more 16' cattle panels and 15 T posts while we were at TSC with the trailer.

The reason I did .5 pounds of fresh beef 3x yesterday was I was running hard all day and have been trying to get my protein up being a 68 year old male to help reduce premature death from all causes.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    GaleHawkins, glad the wife is coming along. So great you get to return the loving care she had given to you before.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins You are an inspiration! I hope you wife recovers well and you both live long and prosper. :smiley:
  • desertmyst
    desertmyst Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sorry but bumping this up as I'd like to read FIT_Goat's blog.... this sounds interesting and something my BF might want to join me in. :)