WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MONDAY!
    It's a holiday here in Canada, so things are pretty quiet. I've been thinking. And looking at the team list and stuff. It is odd knowing bits and pieces about various team members - I know where a few are from, which have kids (young or older, grands, four legged), a tiny bit about your style from your writing and what news you share, what some of you love to do for exercise, but in general not a lot. At the same time, I think we know something about our various styles of commitment, how and when we connect, and of course we all know what we're trying to do here. It's interesting. You're a cool bunch of people! B)

My goals for the week:
    20 minutes per day on my recording project
    60 minutes per day of intentional exercise (including stretching, etc.)
    LOG all my food and stick to plan better (have been slacking lately...)
    no alcohol

I hope this will get me one more pound closer to final goal, but that is less important than getting my muscular mojo back. I have been slacking off on more than logging - and I miss that awesome feeling of strength and tone in the muscles that I get from my daily exercise. I am over the stupid cold, it is time to get back going.

Speaking of knowing where some people are from - I'm going to be in North Carolina for a few days (June 1-5). @micki48 ? Where in NC are you? Anyone else down there? It would be a riot to meet up. I'll be in Matthews (near Charlotte) visiting my amazing mama.
  • martinesther88
    martinesther88 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Steps 5/18~10,108
    5/19~6,280
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    @mari_moulin Mari, after reading your post yesterday, I wondered if your doctor might have put you on some medicine before or after your surgery. I had cervical back surgery in 2017 and they put me on Gabapentin. After I went on it I was hungry all the time and gained almost 30 lbs. in just a few months. I am just now getting back down to where I was before I went on it. Just thought I'd share that with you...it might be something to think about. Wishing you good luck and hope you have a great day!!

Thanks for mentioning this. I’m going to see my surgeon tomorrow and will ask about the meds I’ve been out on. At the moment I’m no longer taking the hardcore stuff just in paracetamol. Thanks for the info. I would have never thought of this possibility.
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Starting fresh - Steps 5/20 - 12,087
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Monday Movement plan: WALK! And housework! Moving cold weather clothes from upstairs bedroom to basement, bringing pool and patio stuff outside from basement. Wish I had a way to count every flight of stairs. Clipped on pedometer, plan to get 8k steps in one way or the other.

Today's other goal: 64oz water and PT exercises
  • jugar
    Options
    leni1us wrote: »
    Starting fresh - Steps 5/20 - 12,087

Fantastic! Welcome back to the stepping gang - if you have a count for Sunday, it would be welcome. Thanks!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 141.9
    CW: 139.3
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    My two things for today are:

1) Get at least 8,000 steps

2) Stay within my calories without eating back all the exercise calories.
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar
    Speaking of knowing where some people are from - I'm going to be in North Carolina for a few days (June 1-5). @micki48 ? Where in NC are you? Anyone else down there? It would be a riot to meet up. I'll be in Matthews (near Charlotte) visiting my amazing mama.

I am in Greensboro. About an hour and a half from Charlotte. Are you driving or flying in to Charlotte? Let me know. I’d love it if we could figure a way to meet up.
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps Sunday 8,150
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Steps Sunday 8,150

Do you have your steps for Saturday? I have all the days except that one. Thanks! And I'll send you a message on MFP to see if we can find a way to meet up.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Uh, I'm really struggling right now. I was away for the weekend and had no control over food. Ate a lot of bread and biscuits. I find once I fall off the wagon, I cannot get back in the zone. I commited myself on Sunday but crashed around 4 o'clock on a load of rubbish. Same today, good breakfast and lunch and then an enormous binge on crisps etc.
    I find it near impossible to get back on track :s
    Last time took me three weeks to get my motivation back so I'm really stressing now...
    Can anyone drag me out of the mud? :'(
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Dinner failed... I'm really bad at cooking, and honestly this is the biggest barrier I have to eating better. But I don't know how to be better.

And I hate throwing out food. :(

@Terytha....What about eating salads? They are easy to fix and don't require cooking.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    THIS WEEKS MOD CHALLENGE WAS AN IDEA FROM ONE OF THE WARRIORS @melissafeagins. HERE IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM HER. "I know that last week it really helped me to tell the team my plan for the day. So, I am issuing a challenge to the group: Monday thru Friday of this week, please list two goals to help you with your weight loss journey."

SO HERE IT IS AND WERE GOING TO CALL THIS "MELISSA'S CHALLENGE".

POST 2 THINGS EACH DAY THIS WEEK THAT YOU PLAN TO ACCOMPLISH. IT COULD BE WORKING ON DROPPING A BAD HABIT.. IT COULD BE THE OPPOSITE AND STARTING A NEW HABIT... JUST POST 2 THINGS OR MORE THAN YOU CAN TACKLE AND FINISH EACH DAY THIS WEEK.
    NOW GO OUT THERE AND LET'S LOOSE SOME WEIGHT AND HAVE FUN DOING IT .
    YOUR MODS

5/20/19 Goals:
    • Drink at least 64 oz of water
    • Exercise for at least 90 minutes

I'll let you know tomorrow my level of success today in these 2 areas.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Dinner failed... I'm really bad at cooking, and honestly this is the biggest barrier I have to eating better. But I don't know how to be better.

And I hate throwing out food. :(

@Terytha....What about eating salads? They are easy to fix and don't require cooking.

I just really hate salad honestly. I like caesar salads well enough but those are pretty high calorie and not the least bit filling so it feels like a waste.

The other half of my problem, I should clarify, is that both myself and my husband are incredibly picky eaters. :/
  • jugar
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Uh, I'm really struggling right now. I was away for the weekend and had no control over food. Ate a lot of bread and biscuits. I find once I fall off the wagon, I cannot get back in the zone. I commited myself on Sunday but crashed around 4 o'clock on a load of rubbish. Same today, good breakfast and lunch and then an enormous binge on crisps etc.
    Last time took me three weeks to get my motivation back so I'm really stressing now...

It is hard! I don't know why we go straight back into BAD after a time when things were going so well - it happens easily. But you can and will stop! You will be scared. You will dread it. But once that FIRST DAY is under your belt (and not straining it as much as the past couple of days!), you will be less stuck. Do not let it take 3 weeks - just decide tomorrow is that FIRST DAY back on track. Need a buddy? I'm sure any one of us would be able to be there by text, email, google hangouts, whatever helps you. Need inspiration? Check some of the threads in "annoucements" especially the extraordinary stories in the "moderators change up" thread. Can you help someone else while you're at it? There is at least one other team member in the same spot as you. Read back some of the messages and find her, and reach out.

You can do this. You have lost almost 3 pounds this month. Bread and flour products, crisps - stop the triggers. We are rooting for you!
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »

I can relate to this. I've done this for years. Just recently have I allowed myself to have days where I eat what I want and then get back on track the next day. This past weekend we were gone all 3 days. I had no choice but to eat out all 3 meals all 3 days. I got what I wanted but I tried not to eat it all and I stopped when I was satisfied. I didn't wait till I got full. I've been in this cycle for years and I have no good advice lol sorry! I just finally got tired of the cycle but that doesn't mean I've figured out how, I just had a successful weekend. That's all. But I'm focusing on that and not the negative! We are here for you. Don't give up on yourself. Keep going and show yourself some grace!
  • micki48
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    micki48 wrote: »
    Steps Sunday 8,150

Do you have your steps for Saturday? I have all the days except that one. Thanks! And I'll send you a message on MFP to see if we can find a way to meet up.

Saturday steps 6,073
This discussion has been closed.