WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Uh, I'm really struggling right now. I was away for the weekend and had no control over food. Ate a lot of bread and biscuits. I find once I fall off the wagon, I cannot get back in the zone. I commited myself on Sunday but crashed around 4 o'clock on a load of rubbish. Same today, good breakfast and lunch and then an enormous binge on crisps etc.
    I find it near impossible to get back on track :s
    Last time took me three weeks to get my motivation back so I'm really stressing now...
    Can anyone drag me out of the mud? :'(

I am exactly the same. Weekends always derail me and I spend my whole week trying to repair the damage I did. Last weekend became a whole week with a 10 lb gain and every morning since Sunday I say “ok I’m getting back on it today” and by the evening time I’m way over calories. But, I am sticking to IF so that’s one positive change for me. What I’m doing this week is focusing on small changes rather than getting back on it all the way. Maybe you can try that? Focus on one small change each day. Maybe as long as you get all your water in it’s a win for the day. Or do at least 30 active minutes or at least a certain number of steps, then the next day keep that going but add something else until you are all the way back on your game? For me so far I’ve got my IF back on track and my water back on track. Snacking still isn’t where it needs to be. Still working on that and then gonna work on moving more.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    UPDATE:
    My two things for today are:

1) Get at least 8,000 steps✔️ I’m over 11,000

2) Stay within my calories without eating back all the exercise calories.✔️ Ate all but 10 of my daily calories and none of my exercise calories. PS I am a bit hungry right now. Think I’ll drink some water and go to bed.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    @bfitb440n2022
    @mari_moulin
    Thanks so much for your encouraging messages. I'm trying again today, hopefully this will be my day.
    I will try to drink more water, I never really drink enough.
    Also, I've never done IF. Can someone enlighten me why/how this might be helpful? I cannot fathom fasting and would imagine I will binge in the alloted eating hours. Am I missing something?
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Steps - Sunday: 9471
    Steps - Monday: 15245
  • bfitb440n2022
    bfitb440n2022 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5/20
    Steps 10803
  • leni1us
    leni1us Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    5/20 Steps - 11,089
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Also, I've never done IF. Can someone enlighten me why/how this might be helpful? I cannot fathom fasting and would imagine I will binge in the alloted eating hours. Am I missing something?

There are different types of Intermittent Fasting. I do 16:8 usually try 18:6 some days but mostly 16:8. Here are a few images to give you an idea of what IF is.

Also you can try this link.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide

clg2wjjcw5um.jpeg
    mv8m9w2mx19h.png
    anpzp2394yuo.jpeg
    qrlkm7sy79ty.jpeg
    2cv6owxtkuj2.png
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    Step update (I can't access the spreadsheet from this computer, so not sure where I left off - some of the early ones are probably already in and I will check for gaps after work)

May 11: 11,185
    May 12: 10,816
    May 13: 10,469
    May 14: 7,298
    May 15: 10,917
    May 16: 15,512
    May 17: 11,656
    May 18: 09,856
    May 19: 08,326
    May 20: 10,833
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I finally managed to link up my fitbit to the MFP ... once I get home I will see what that does to "bouncing running totals" and see what happens for exercise crossover etc. I am a bit confused about "only report exercise on MFP but state start time" bit that in the linking instructions. When I am on the stationary bike, I no longer get the fitbit to register "active minutes/psudo-steps"? or do I still wear it in such a way that it registers, but not actually enter anything under fitbit "exercise" that I am entering in the MFP exercise log? (this is not a wrist-band-HRM style, but an older Zip clip on model)

• mari_moulin
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    I finally managed to link up my fitbit to the MFP ... once I get home I will see what that does to "bouncing running totals" and see what happens for exercise crossover etc. I am a bit confused about "only report exercise on MFP but state start time" bit that in the linking instructions. When I am on the stationary bike, I no longer get the fitbit to register "active minutes/psudo-steps"? or do I still wear it in such a way that it registers, but not actually enter anything under fitbit "exercise" that I am entering in the MFP exercise log? (this is not a wrist-band-HRM style, but an older Zip clip on model)

I’m actually not too sure how the zip works with MFP but I have the charge and I never manage to sync my workouts. My steps water and food does but not workouts. I have to manually enter those into MFP every time. Then it syncs to my Fitbit app which then I have to go delete cause it will show 2 workouts. It’s quite frustrating.
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    YO TEAM
    JUMP ON OVER AND SHOW SOME LOVE FOR THIS POST FOR OUR CHALLENGE

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10745281/are-you-ready-for-a-weight-loss-challenge#latest

COME ON YOU CAN DO IT I KNOW YOU CAN
    THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT OF THIS GROUP
    YOUR MODS
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I’m actually not too sure how the zip works with MFP but I have the charge and I never manage to sync my workouts. My steps water and food does but not workouts. I have to manually enter those into MFP every time. Then it syncs to my Fitbit app which then I have to go delete cause it will show 2 workouts. It’s quite frustrating.

This is what a fitbit zip looks like, and how you wear it (most of the time)

hgjpvfrasfng.jpg

In order to get it to register stationary bike time as "active minutes" (and count the pedalling as steps :D ) I tie a thin strip of elastic around my leg just below the kneecap, and clip it on there (also works if what I am wearing doesn't have a waistband or belt I could clip it to .... like if I have a "pajama-day" and never get out of my nightgown)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    WOW! Lots of pictures today.

Thanks for the info on Intermittent Fasting, @mari_moulin - it is a good overview.

I offer a different view, though, for you @Perla4686 and anyone else searching for tools that work for YOU.

I have tried IF, and it is absolutely not right for me. That is not to say I never do a day here and there - it is helpful after a time of overindulgence to cut the possible "window" for eating down. I have also moved more towards a natural eating day of no more than 10 hours, so if you want to call 14:10 intermittent fasting, I guess I do it!

I need to eat in the morning. Really need to. I am hungry hungry when I wake up (and have been for some time during the night). Exercising before having any food is a big NO. I keep my intake within limits, and make sure to avoid certain foods as much as possible. I don't eat grains very often - but I get carbs from vegetables, fruits (fresh, whole), and legumes. I really try to avoid flour. IF works for a lot of people, though - so be your own experiment. You might even want to try something like the Whole 30. I did that, and learned a LOT. The re-introduction period after cutting out lots of different foods is really interesting. That is when I discovered that grains and I don't really get along as well as I thought we did, and I was never so happy eating legumes as when they came back into my life. I cannot eat that much animal food either, and I never wanted to see another egg again. So even though I eat VERY differently from the whole 30 base, I think that was the point I began to learn what food works best for me. It also helped get rid of triggers that were plaguing me.

No matter what, keep trying. You'll find it if you don't give up!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    WEIGH-INS DUE TOMORROW:
    @karenesg
    @offitgoes
    @Perla4686

no matter if it's great, good, meh, or OMG - send them along, and take your cheers or hugs for the week <3
  • micki48
    Options

@mari_moulin That is exactly what I find with Charge HR. Very frustrating with the exercise. @BMcC9 I can’t get Fitbit to pick up a workout or steps on a stationary bike or rowing machine. But you can manually log your exercise from the + button on the Fitbit home screen.
  • micki48
    Options
    Steps Monday 5/20 11,137
  • micki48
    edited May 2019
    Options
    My steps have been good and getting in some exercise. I am logging and staying within calories. BUT, I did buy and eat a slice of strawberry buttercream cake tonight because it was a fundraiser for PPH. It is totally off track and so incredibly delicious. I know it was bad but what a treat. Now, back to program. My scale has been a jerk this week so far. My body or scale really doesn’t want to let go of this little bit of weight to get me in the 100s. I know my cake didn’t help but 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    My steps have been good and getting in some exercise. I am logging and staying within calories. BUT, I did buy and eat a slice of strawberry buttercream cake tonight because it was a fundraiser for PPH. It is totally off track and so incredibly delicious. I know it was bad but what a treat. Now, back to program. My scale has been a jerk this week so far. My body or scale really doesn’t want to let go of this little bit of weight to get me in the 100s. I know my cake didn’t help but 🤷🏻‍♀️

I had the same problem when I was so close to Onederland. Seemed like it took forever to get there even though I was so close. Hang in there. It’s frustrating but you will get there soon!!
  • mari_moulin
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    WOW! Lots of pictures today.

Thanks for the info on Intermittent Fasting, @mari_moulin - it is a good overview.

I offer a different view, though, for you @Perla4686 and anyone else searching for tools that work for YOU.

I have tried IF, and it is absolutely not right for me. That is not to say I never do a day here and there - it is helpful after a time of overindulgence to cut the possible "window" for eating down. I have also moved more towards a natural eating day of no more than 10 hours, so if you want to call 14:10 intermittent fasting, I guess I do it!

I need to eat in the morning. Really need to. I am hungry hungry when I wake up (and have been for some time during the night). Exercising before having any food is a big NO. I keep my intake within limits, and make sure to avoid certain foods as much as possible. I don't eat grains very often - but I get carbs from vegetables, fruits (fresh, whole), and legumes. I really try to avoid flour. IF works for a lot of people, though - so be your own experiment. You might even want to try something like the Whole 30. I did that, and learned a LOT. The re-introduction period after cutting out lots of different foods is really interesting. That is when I discovered that grains and I don't really get along as well as I thought we did, and I was never so happy eating legumes as when they came back into my life. I cannot eat that much animal food either, and I never wanted to see another egg again. So even though I eat VERY differently from the whole 30 base, I think that was the point I began to learn what food works best for me. It also helped get rid of triggers that were plaguing me.

No matter what, keep trying. You'll find it if you don't give up!

Totally agree Lislyn. IF isn’t for everyone. We have to each choose what works best for our lifestyles and our bodies. For example, Keto is NOT for me. I’ve tried a few times and I wind up overindulging on all the stuff I’m not allowed. As soon as I deprive myself of any one food group I’m done for. I crash and burn every time. But it works so well for so many others which is great! Whatever it is a person wants to try out, I think it’s worth a shot. If it works for you wonderful and if it doesn’t it’s a learning experience and we move on to something that may work better.

@Perla4686

Like Lislyn said, no matter what, keep trying. You will find what works for you!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Weighing in wednesday
    PW:181.6
    CW:181.4
This discussion has been closed.