Poll: how many carbs per day....

Options

Replies

• qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've had constant 0.5-0.6 nutritional ketosis blood ketone ratings as high as 100 net carbs. Being upfront: This only happens if my exercise level is intense enough (90 minutes of exercise) that my muscles are grabbing the fuel so timing is key.

With just regular exercise levels (30-60 minutes daily) 40-60 net carbs gets me around a 0.7 reading. If I want higher than a 1.0 I need to be around 30-40 net.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I had reduced frequency and severity of migraines after about 3 days, but I was still having them...I went from migraines 5 days a week down to 2-3 days a week and not as bad a migraine, more responsive to medication...after about 100 days I no longer had migraines at all, even when exposed to my usual migraine triggers.

Migraines are terrible, and not having them is totally magical!

@tcunbeliever Thanks for letting me know! We're on day 5 and no change in his migraine pattern yet, but fingers crossed. Glad to hear it's made such a difference for you!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I’m primarily carnivore so less than 10gm a day.

@Hilogirl2018 i also have had relief from the migraines I was plagued with! I saw a gradual decrease in the number (8-10 a month to 2 at the most!) over a period of about 60 days.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    KarlaYP wrote: »
    I’m primarily carnivore so less than 10gm a day.

@Hilogirl2018 i also have had relief from the migraines I was plagued with! I saw a gradual decrease in the number (8-10 a month to 2 at the most!) over a period of about 60 days.

@KarlaYP that is wonderful - what a huge difference! We're only a week in, and I will pass this along. I did keto in the past, consistently 10-20 grams for 2 years and unfortunately didn't experience any decrease in my chronic pain, but I don't have migraines. Really, really hoping keto helps him the way it's helped you and @tcunbeliever
  • niknakmac123
    niknakmac123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I seem to be averaging between 30-40 net carbs a day with a few days of around 25 net carbs. I'm totally impressed with myself when I have a day of 25 net carbs but I know that right now even with 40 net carbs daily i'm still dropping weight so I don't stress about it.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I eat carnivore and get a few grams from processed meats (beef sticks, jerky, hot dogs), eggs, cheese, and seasonings/sauces (I use very little sauces).

Also, I have type 1 diabetes and sometimes need a few grams of carbs to treat a low BG.

Finally, I sometimes use supplements with carbs during intense exercise for longer durations.

2ydnf47a40f4.jpg

On Fri., I was driving and ate some gas station hot dogs with ketchup.

On Sat., I ran a marathon. Most of the carbs came from supplements taken right before or during the race.
  • ZenfulAF
    ZenfulAF Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5-15 grams of carbs daily.
  • Stew501
    Stew501 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I try to stay at 25g but usually end up 25-40; I can get in ketosis after running a few miles but I’m not continuously in ketosis; I just started testing my blood ketones; so I’ll get a better idea abt my baseline
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Under 45 net per day, usually somewhere in the 30s. I recently starting testing my blood ketones and it varies for the better when I eat less carbs but I'm still in ketosis at the higher carb allotment.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Generally less than 20g, in ketosis and fat adapted,. During activite training can go easily up to 50 and stay in ketosis, but I prefer the fat/protiens.
  • fallwalker
    fallwalker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my goal is under 20g total
  • GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Lately it’s been around 9! I think I’m keto adapted. About 40 days in.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I feel kind of lucky that I’ve had success in the 30-50 net carb range. I don’t feel the need to push too much lower if I’m burning fat and feeling good at that level.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My top level is 35 net carbs, but usually hit 15-20 net carbs a day.
  • Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Under 30g net carbs. Most days my net carbs are between 9g-20g.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Older post, but I'm new just seeing this. :smiley:

I started keto almost a month ago, and the plan was to start at keeping net carbs under 50.

But, after day two, net carbs came in under 20, and I've just naturally kept them under 20 since.

• BlancheandSmooshyface
    BlancheandSmooshyface Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I stick to less than 15 or 0 carbs per day. I think I'm one of those people who just can't tolerate any carbs because the only time I lose weight is when I do 0 carbs.
  • sherryshields
    sherryshields Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I average around 20 net carbs. I am wondering if I should push to go lower; my weight is very very slow coming off.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 20g net, but I don't fret if I go over a bit.
  • chiefkays
    chiefkays Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm only a few weeks into keto, so still in the early stages. But so far, I've been good with <50g net carbs per day. I will say that I agree with the folks about lower carbs = appetite suppression. After a lower carb day (especially combined with a good workout), the next day I'm usually not hungry until lunchtime.