low carb chips

Options
2»

Replies

• MaggieFinn
    MaggieFinn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I put finely shredded cheese on the griddle in tablespoons. They melt, flip once, and enjoy?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've tried parmesan crisps and Quest protein chips (sour cream and onion) and really didn't like either.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hardbite Parsnip chips are really good, and I hate parsnips any other way. Not super low carb but waaaaay lower than regular chips. Approx 20 chips (40g) is 10 carbs net.
  • GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I've tried parmesan crisps and Quest protein chips (sour cream and onion) and really didn't like either.

Yeah, the Quest chips are gross. And expensive.
  • grillinginthenameof
    grillinginthenameof Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've had Protes protein snacks (chips) but I didn't think they were very good. I snack on roasted pumpkin seeds
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I know you said not Pork Rinds, but I freaking love them! My favorite is to dip them in Primal Kitchens mayo, yum!

I make homemade Kale chips, and while you can't dip them in anything, they are delicious. I just get a bag of the pre-cut kale, toss with EVOO and kosher salt and bake at high heat until crispy.

I feel like it's just really hard to find a GOOD substitute for chips, and that crunch is one of the few things that I miss on my Keto diet. So much so that a couple of times per month I'll make myself nachos using the Siete Chips. They aren't low carb by any means, but if I'm fasting that day or eat particularly low carb, I can usually fit two servings in to my normal carb allotment and it helps to satisfy that need for something really crunch.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I love BBQ pork rinds with cream cheese...so yum!!!
  • GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ew. I just can’t get over the mental image. I saw some with hairs stuck to them once. I wish I liked them!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    https://whisps.com/

I am into the Pepper Jack version with tuna out of the can. Only one area WalMart stocks that flavor. If I want them pre crushed I get them online.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    GammieLCHF wrote: »
    Ew. I just can’t get over the mental image. I saw some with hairs stuck to them once. I wish I liked them!

Have you ever seen a hairless hog?

Locally they are no longer pork rinds like we made when we killed hogs 60 years ago but just chucks of fat containing no skin when they are cooked down to make hog lard. They are just a by product of rendering hog lard.
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Helumi chips are lush
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Blythmag wrote: »
    Helumi chips are lush

How do you do Halloumi chips?? I looooove halloumi, probably too much. It's so good hot off the grill. I love the squeaky chewiness, how do you get it crispy?
  • niknakmac123
    niknakmac123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I Know you said you didn't want to make anything but this is one of my favorite snacks.

I buy low carb tortillas (5g net carbs) cut them up and fry them in peanut oil. They are crispy and delish. I love them with some spinach and artichoke dip. If I am really feigning for chips I just salt them. Trust me these are bomb!