Introduce yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• SewBethy
    SewBethy Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm Beth from AZ and joined MFP in May, but just found this group today! I'd like to have some runner/walkers (my age-ish) for friends. It'd be great to share tips and running anecdotes.

Arizona2012 I've been loving Jeff Galloway's Run/Walk/Run method. I've signed up for Vence Beach half-marathon, and have found the method's program to be manageable. The best parts are its promotion of walking breaks and its emphasis on enjoying running injury-free. Please add me if you'd like :)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,071 Member
    Options
    Welcome to AZ and SewBethy! I wish there was more interaction on this thread, but there doesn't seem to be. Maybe we can get it started again. I'd love to have discussions about our running...more detailed that I put on my home page. But, you can both feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like.

I have been fairly consistently running for about 2 years. I did take about a 3 month break this spring, due to leg injury and my nephew's wedding and other life experiences getting in the way. I am trying to get back into it and am doing pretty good. My Garmin watch stopped working last week, so that has been a bummer for me. I haven't had it long, so I need to call them or something. I just haven't taken the time to do that yet. Anyway, when I was consistent, I had gotten up to running over an hour without stopping. Now, I'm back to the run/walk intervals. I need to get the Jeff Galloway book. I really think I would do better with that. However, one of my goal was to run 30 min non-stop, so I was really happy when I did that last year! It amazes how quickly the fitness level seems to go away and how long it takes to get it back.

Hope to hear from you all soon. Will try to remember to check back here every day.
  • arizona2012
    arizona2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello

Need help and inspiration to make another go at jogging/running!

I am 58 years old and presently have no major health issues. I used to run (approx. 5 or so miles/day, 3-5 days per week in my 20-30's). I have had a history of back problems, one requiring a cervical fusion). I am interested in running to increase my activity in order to loose about 20 lbs.

Is there is anyone interested in joining me on this journey?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,071 Member
    Options
    Arizona2012, I'd love to join you on this journey. I haven't been running consistently since about May and really do need to get back into it, as I have gained back a lot of the weight I lost when I was running. I am a little disgusted with myself, but I know if I did it once, I can do it again,. I would love to be able to run a half marathon in the spring for Relay For Life that is in my area. I have a plan that is supposed to get me there in 20 weeks. I keep meaning to start it, but so far, life has been getting in the way.

I will send you a friend request and hopefully we can support each other as we get going again!
  • lybarni
    lybarni Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I’m Linda. I’m 51 and new here and new to running. I am currently doing From Fat To Finish Lines learn to
    Run 1mile program. I’m actually starting week 3 but am redoing week 2, I got discouraged after day 1 of week 2 because I couldn’t complete all my intervals. Instead I should’ve been thinking great job at completing 6 of the 8! Would love th join you guys for motivation, support, advice etc.