MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Good morning team! I had a slip last night, but I’m not letting that get me down. Im going to have a busy day today, but I’ll be keeping it healthy. Feel free to send me a friend request! Hope everyone is doing well :)

kn519ntvfkw7.jpg
    You've got this!!!!!!

Such a timely post for me - thanks! Had some cookies and treats after lunch but that’s behind me now. EAting clean the rest of the day!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I love this team, so glad @AustinRuadhain is a motivator, can't think of anyone more suitable to take over from @UTMom81

To all our new and existing members with a Fitbit

Did you know we have a very active Fitbit stepping group with lots of regular challenges. If you are not already a member and would like to join, just add me as a friend on Fitbit and I'll hook you up with everyone else 😁

If you are in the group, and a challenge gets filled, let me know, I'll set up another :)

https://www.fitbit.com/user/53Q6MJ
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in:
    Calories: Under
    Water: Over
    Exercise: Other than dancing with the kids in children's church, I did nothing. My body is still tired from yesterday.

I had a good day. Fasted for 20 hours and have had no sugar. I've made my dinner menu for next week all planned out. I'm going low carb other than the one day where I will eat leftover homemade lasagna. I can't let that goodness go to waste!! ;)

Hello to all the new members of Slimpossibles!! This is a great group and you will receive lots of support and encouragement. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Good morning team! I had a slip last night, but I’m not letting that get me down. Im going to have a busy day today, but I’ll be keeping it healthy. Feel free to send me a friend request! Hope everyone is doing well :)

You have such a fabulous attitude! Slip-ups are just little slow-downs on the path. You are starting a new streak!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Hello all!

It's my first check in.
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 32 minutes of swimming
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow: 33 minutes of swimming

Love that you added the 1 extra minute! That’s all it takes to make change right?

You are both inspiring me so much!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories under and carbs low
    Water could've been better
    Exercise: 30 mon walk

Tomorrow's plan:
    Strength training and cardio
    Stick to food plan
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Your week one team challenge is brought to you by @AustinRuadhain and @Kres567 (I'm just posting on behalf of Jen). Without further ado...

Week 1 Team Challenge - Pick your Strategy

Thanks @AustinRuadhain for sharing your articles recently. The one you posted today about overeating junk food is so great. I thought I would use it to form a team challenge for us as we kick off June.

After reading the information included in the infographic, choose 1 or 2 strategies that you would like to start working on to battle the sugar cravings and overeating. I've read before that habits take at least 66 days to form and stick so the strategy(ies) you choose could be something you have been wanting to start incorporate into your healthy habits. Please share with the team what strategy you have selected!

(In the event this graphic is unreadable on your device due to size, please visit the link @AustinRuadhain provided earlier - https://www.precisionnutrition.com/why-you-cant-stop-overeating-infographic)
    5oedpana4ofo.png

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Welcome to our new members - and welcome back to returning members!!

[...]

Let's help welcome our new members with some introductions. Please share your name, where you live, how long you have been on MFP, and anything you want to share about your weight loss journey so far - successes, challenges, goals for the month.

Uhhhh... the [still sleep-deprived] beagle could have taken the first step and introduced himself...

I'm Mark, single, 50, 6', Michigan, higher ed information technology. Weight was 400+ for nearly two decades, down to around 220 in 2017, back up a little, need to come down. Low carb is my plan when being well-behaved. Plan for the month is to re-tighten the carb count.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    Calories: under (and all measured, logged, on plan)
    Water: over
    Exercise: 50 min platform stepping, little bit of martial arts form work
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow:
    Food planning & prep, walk in morning, martial arts class in evening
  • Dontlookback2018
    Dontlookback2018 Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge:
    I definitely need to work on 1 and 6. I think they will go hand in hand and I can pretty much knock off 2 birds with 1 stone ;)
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: AustinRuadhain
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 125.9
    Today's Weight: 124.3
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Introductions
    Austin here. I joined the group 9 months ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 130 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and reached (!) my initial goal. I have a bit more body fat to lose, and am working on weight lifting and building muscle. I study martial arts and love walks, especially outdoor walks, so you'll see lots of those activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied nutritional science* and habit building** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been all about developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building, as that has been super useful to me.

Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! This is such a fabulous group of people, and we are so glad you are joining us on the journey! This is a group of people that would love to hear about what you are up to as you work on your health and fitness on a daily basis using whatever plan you find is best for you. We want to hear about both the struggles and the victories, and will be sharing ours with you.

* If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.

** If interested, check out the work of James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day has been particularly useful to me.
  • kdv12
    kdv12 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    I love this team, so glad @AustinRuadhain is a motivator, can't think of anyone more suitable to take over from @UTMom81

To all our new and existing members with a Fitbit

Did you know we have a very active Fitbit stepping group with lots of regular challenges. If you are not already a member and would like to join, just add me as a friend on Fitbit and I'll hook you up with everyone else 😁

If you are in the group, and a challenge gets filled, let me know, I'll set up another :)

https://www.fitbit.com/user/53Q6MJ

I love fitbit challenges. I tried to add you to join the challenges. If it didn't work will you please add me.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/54LP6M
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Introductions
    Austin here. I joined the group 9 months ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 130 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and reached (!) my initial goal. I have a bit more body fat to lose, and am working on weight lifting and building muscle. I study martial arts and love walks, especially outdoor walks, so you'll see lots of those activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied nutritional science* and habit building** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been all about developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building, as that has been super useful to me.

Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! This is such a fabulous group of people, and we are so glad you are joining us on the journey! This is a group of people that would love to hear about what you are up to as you work on your health and fitness on a daily basis using whatever plan you find is best for you. We want to hear about both the struggles and the victories, and will be sharing ours with you.

* If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.

** If interested, check out the work of James Clear. He has a book called Atomic Habits. This video on How to Get 1% Better Every Day has been particularly useful to me.

@AustinRuadhain, you are so inspirational!! Did I miss how you lost over 130 lbs so quickly? If you could share your story, I and probably others would love to read it!! <3

That video from James Clear was excellent!! I have an app on my phone called "Don't Break The Chain" and I also have it on my desktop. It's a great visual to help me try to create better habits. Here is the link to the desktop and you can find the app in your app store. https://dontbreakthechain.com/welcome

I especially liked when James Clear said, "The actions you take provide the evidence of who you are." How true is that!!

Great challenge this week! I love the traffic light system and really want my day to be in the Green! The four strategies that I have to work on are:
    1) Notice my chewing-how true that when I eat junk food I consume it so fast. It's like I can't slow down!
    3) Habit patterns-I have the hardest time at work. For some reason, I just want to eat stuff and that is when I get in trouble. Fasting for me has helped but it's still a struggle that I have to work on.
    6) Slow down my eating-Seriously, NO one eats as fast as me. It's embarrassing!!
    7) Be nice to myself-I think most of us need to work on this habit. I say things about myself that I would never say to someone else. Why is that OK? It's not!!

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Team challenge - I am going to start working on 5 and 6. I can have what my body wants as treats but I have to do some research and choose better options - the yellow light foods.

I’ll be back for my own introduction later. Gotta get everyone ready for the day! Happy Monday everyone!
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    Hello all!

It's my first check in.
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 32 minutes of swimming
    Goal or Improvement for tomorrow: 33 minutes of swimming

Love that you added the 1 extra minute! That’s all it takes to make change right?

You are both inspiring me so much!

Thanks to you both! If I can add an extra minute a day, that will get me to over an hour by the end of the month, which is where I'd like to be.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in: Mindays, week 1
    User name: Katmary71
    Previous weight: 136
    Today's weight: 142

Wow did the scale jump! I was out of town all weekend and ate snacks I normally don't eat plus meals at restaurants and know be between that and starting weight lifting it's water weight, but man does it suck to see that number on the scale again!

For the challenge I need to accept the things I cannot change. I had a great weekend and need to let today's weigh in go and get back to my routine. Thanks for the welcome to the group!
  • Dontlookback2018
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In: Monday Week 1
    Username; Dontlookback2018
    Sw: 274
    Cw: 267.6
    Had a rough day over the weekend, and too much fast food made for a small jump on the scale from where I was Saturday.
    Goal for the week: stay under 1200 calories, drink more water and ride my bike to work at least 3 days. Also chew more and east slower :)
  • Dontlookback2018
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @TeresaW1020

I’m right there with you. I’ve been married for 14 years and my husband still gives me that look when I’m eating fast. I don’t know why, it’s not like I finish and then go off and do something lol I just sit awkwardly and wait for everybody else to finish.
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Introduction
    I'm Marki, and I'm from Oklahoma. I work in higher education assessment after teaching higher ed ESL for 111.5 years. I'm new to Mission Slimpossibles and F2F this month. I came back to MFP last month after I stepped on the scale, and it read 341 pounds. That was my line in the sand. I said this far and no further. I decided then and there that I had to make a change. That was May 5.

Since then, I've made several changes: I eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. I'm even trying new ones; I have fish at least once a week, which is up from MAYBE once a year; I have eliminated soda and replaced it with water, unsweetened tea, and Crystal Light; I have reduced starches down to the occasional breading on something or a small amount of pasta or rice.

For exercise, I'm pretty much limited to swimming because I have a degenerative joint disease, and I'm trying to hold off a hip replacement and a spinal fusion. Losing weight will help on both of those fronts.

Last month, I lost 13.4 pounds. I'm really looking forward to another successful month and hope to get to know you all better. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.