Options
    Hello Team!
    A few items of housekeeping ----

MONDAY WEIGH-INS still to come:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

STEPPING TEAM
    I have added @zlauerMom , and carried over anyone who logged steps through the end of May:
    @reflectionofme
    @Fourathomej
    @Blackbeautysue
    @BFITB44ON2022
    @jlbtnc
    @martinesther88
    @Micki48
    @evangsimmons170
    @BMcC9
    @mari_moulin

Let me know if you want to be added or taken off this list! THANKS
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    zlauerMom wrote: »
    zlauerMom
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 196.0
    Current weight: 194.0

Steps
    June 1 - 7,667
    June 2 - 10,512

What an awesome start! :)
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    PW: 137
    CW: 135.1

And ditto for you too - way to go!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hello Team!
    A few items of housekeeping ----

MONDAY WEIGH-INS still to come:
    @Juliemargaretkim
    @reflectionofme
    @tdrjustus3

STEPPING TEAM
    I have added @zlauerMom , and carried over anyone who logged steps through the end of May:
    @reflectionofme
    @Fourathomej
    @Blackbeautysue
    @BFITB44ON2022
    @jlbtnc
    @martinesther88
    @Micki48
    @evangsimmons170
    @BMcC9
    @mari_moulin

Let me know if you want to be added or taken off this list! THANKS

Thanks for tracking our steps Liselyn! I will be checking in every Saturday and Sunday with steps.
  • juliemargaretkim
    juliemargaretkim Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day! 133.0 this morning. I am traveling next week on Monday, so if it's ok, I will weigh in on Tuesday next week -- but after that, I'll go back to Mondays. This is a busy week coming up!

Good luck everyone!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Finally, today I've managed to stay under goal! Just! Haven't succeeded for the last 3 weeks so this feels like a major victory! +Still planning to go for a run!
    Welcome to this great group, all newbies!
    Have a great week everyone!

@Perla4686 Great job sticking to your calorie goal. That’s a major accomplishment. Kudos to you. We all know that is the challenge. I know it is for me. Keep up the great work. 👏🏼👏🏼🎉🎉
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Lisalyn I will be away on weigh in day this week, so I will probably weigh in on Wednesday this week or just use the starting weight. I’ll let you know.

Hope you’re having a great time with your mom. Luckily it has cooled down a bit.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day! 133.0 this morning. I am traveling next week on Monday, so if it's ok, I will weigh in on Tuesday next week -- but after that, I'll go back to Mondays. This is a busy week coming up!

Good luck everyone!

Good one! So far, all the week 1 weigh-ins have been in the GREEN - good losses. Next week, no problem to weigh-in on Tuesday. Have a good week, however busy it may be.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @jugar Liselyn I will be away on weigh in day this week, so I will probably weigh in on Wednesday this week or just use the starting weight. I’ll let you know.

Hope you’re having a great time with your mom. Luckily it has cooled down a bit.
    Wednesday is fine - or whatever works for you. I am having a lovely visit with my mom and my sister, but my mother-in-law (back up north) passed away yesterday, so I'm spending a lot of time on the phone and trying to figure out which way is up. I don't think we'll be able to meet up before I go back home, but I'll be back no worries!

And yes, the weather is perfect today. Not unbearably hot, great breeze. Ahhhh.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know a cure for nervous butterflies? My stomach is in knots. I can't even address the root of the problem because I'm not really sure what it is. The only new in my life is the puppy but why would I be nervous about my puppy? I love her.
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    PW: 137
    CW: 135.1

Great loss!!!
  • SueSueDio
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    Does anyone know a cure for nervous butterflies? My stomach is in knots. I can't even address the root of the problem because I'm not really sure what it is. The only new in my life is the puppy but why would I be nervous about my puppy? I love her.

Have you had a puppy before? Are you perhaps nervous about taking good care of her and being a great pet-parent, or something like that?

I don't have an answer for you, I'm afraid - what works seems to be different for everyone. Perhaps make yourself a warm drink and try to relax and enjoy it for a few minutes? If you like to read or listen to music, you could try that (if puppy lets you!), or maybe take her out for a little walk and some "fresh" air if it's not too bad up there today. Or write in a journal... just let everything pour out (no one else needs to read it) and see if that helps to clear your mind and ease your nerves.

(In the past I have written down, in strong language, things that were seriously irritating me and then burned the paper - it was very cathartic and those particular things have never bothered me again, but I risked setting the kitchen on fire so be very careful if you do something like that!)

EDIT: Could it be the fires? Either worrying about how far they'll spread, or breathing difficulties affecting your nerves?
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    @jugar Liselyn I will be away on weigh in day this week, so I will probably weigh in on Wednesday this week or just use the starting weight. I’ll let you know.

Wednesday is fine - or whatever works for you. I am having a lovely visit with my mom and my sister, but my mother-in-law (back up north) passed away yesterday, so I'm spending a lot of time on the phone and trying to figure out which way is up. I don't think we'll be able to meet up before I go back home, but I'll be back no worries!

I'm sorry for your loss. :( I hope the rest of your visit goes well.
  • micki48
    Options

So sorry for your loss. Life loves to throw us curveballs. Hope you get things worked out and you can still enjoy your mom and sister before you have to go back. We’ll definitely meet up at some point. It’s not THAT far. Hugs 🤗 Michele
  • micki48
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »

Sorry you’re feeling that unsettled feeling. Like Sue said, everyone is different and her suggestions were excellent. When I’ve had that feeling, almost to the point of feeling like there was vibration in my body, I found that camomile tea helped (previously I didn’t care for it too). I really dislike taking any meds so I also found that counting backwards and breathing deeply can help calm you. Like you, I didn’t even know why I felt that way. There’s also a trick I’ve read about (someone help if I don’t get this right) where you name 5 things you see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you smell, 2 things you hear and 1 taste??? Not sure of that last one. There are also many meditation apps that help calm you. In fact, I believe one is called Calm.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • micki48
    Options
    Took a lovely walk with my granddaughter and hubby earlier today. Now I’m off to play tennis. It’s a women’s doubles group. Haven’t played in almost 2 years. It’s called Funday Monday Doubles. I sure hope they mean it. 🎾
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Oh no @jugar I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you will still manage to enjoy your break. What a shame...
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Liselyn @jugar, deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother in law. <3
This discussion has been closed.