Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 203
    Today's Weight: 203

So happy I didn't gain. Was away visiting relatives and didn't have much control over meals. I brought lots of my own snacks to share. Couldn't talk anyone into trying my keto crackers but the cookies went over well

Great job @Jactop!
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Jactop wrote: »
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Previous Weight: 203
    Today's Weight: 203

So happy I didn't gain. Was away visiting relatives and didn't have much control over meals. I brought lots of my own snacks to share. Couldn't talk anyone into trying my keto crackers but the cookies went over well

I would have tried your crackers! And of course any free chocolate samples from your work! 😜
  • Kres567
    Options
    Barbonica wrote: »
    Barbonica
    Week 3
    Tuesday
    PW 178.4
    CW 178.0

Next week will need to report on in wed, as I am traveling. This summer is filled with activities, and it isn't even July yet!

Great loss! No worries on the logging day for next week! Thanks for letting us know.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: dontlookback2018
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Starting Weight: 274.8
    Previous Weight: 266.6
    Today's Weight: 267.8

Sigh, I’m really struggling with this BED :( I’ve got to figure out what is triggering me.

I think I should know what BED is but can’t think of it right now. I think you are doing amazing so far - 7lbs is great going!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username: Scottythedon
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    Previous Weight: 204
    Today's Weight: 207

Probably just some water retention. Drink until you shrink this week. I’m sure that number will be back down!
  • melissa2013m
    melissa2013m Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today Wednesday is my weigh in day but I am camping and don't have a scale until Friday when home so my weigh in will be late.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Weight: 210.0
    Todays Weight: 208.8

Yayyy for being firmly under 210 lbs!! It's been more than 16 years since I've seen a number that low and it's was only for a very short time. Not this time!! Yesterday, I took some pics of me in my workout clothes and compared them to ones I took when I first started WW at 264 lbs. What a huge difference. It made me cry to see just how big I really was. It also made me even more motivated to stay the course and get this weight off once and for all. :)

Oh, wow 😮, Teresa, so you are down 55 pounds! 🎉🎉🎉

I am SO excited for you! Your consistent effort and commitment are inspiring. You WILL get to your goal!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if anyone here uses affirmations. This article spoke to me, so I thought I would share. (The website wants to sell you their app for making online vision boards, but you can ignore that and enjoy the article!)

https://www.makeavisionboard.com/weight-loss-affirmations/

sbbqfqsuk320.jpg
    eii4volf2bwb.jpg

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,768 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 60-minute fat burning program on my treadmill.

Today was good. I spent part of it making a menu for this week and will shop for most of it tomorrow. Learning how to cook low carb is fun but eye-opening as well. The things I ate so much of and thought of as healthy are really so loaded with carbs it's not even funny. Like sugar-free Ice-Breaker Mints are 1 carb a piece. I eat a box of those a week!! :o And since I now really believe that I am carb sensitive it sure makes sense why my weight came off at a snail's pace. I'm still too new at all this to know if my weight will now start cooperating. I'm just really praying it will!!

On another note, my super heavy cast iron grill pan arrived today so hamburgers, pork chops, and steak are on the menu this week!! :DB)

Great day Preplaning your meals really helps and those naste carbs are hinden everywhere. I love to cook on cast iron
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,768 Member
    Options

Yayyy for being firmly under 210 lbs!! It's been more than 16 years since I've seen a number that low and it's was only for a very short time. Not this time!! Yesterday, I took some pics of me in my workout clothes and compared them to ones I took when I first started WW at 264 lbs. What a huge difference. It made me cry to see just how big I really was. It also made me even more motivated to stay the course and get this weight off once and for all. :)

Wow what a great loss this week
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

This is so great, Teresa! Wow, you’ve lost a lot of weight! So proud of you!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,564 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Way to go at being under 210, your hard work is paying off! It's very smart to take pictures. I thought I'd done a great job at avoiding pictures at 222 but my dad recently showed me an old picture, yikes! It's surprising how many carbs are in seemingly innocent foods. I'm glad you are having fun with new recipes, I try to do that too and it makes cooking more interesting.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,564 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stretching/stomach/back strengthening and biking
    Goals for today- get to gym, lift weights and elliptical, bike tonight.

I can't believe it's almost the end of the month! My head hasn't been as into things lately. I've managed to go through the motions this last week and feel a little better today. I received kohlrabi in my product box and had the greens in my veggie scramble, they're not bad. Reminds me of kale. I need to find my mandolin (never used) to try out the rutabaga, I might serve it at get together this weekend.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, Thank you!! It's 56.6 to be exact. :DB) Thanks for the affirmation link. I have a couple of FB groups that those graphics will work great for!

@digger61, thank you! I have learned the hard way that I have to pre-plan! I cook on my new grill pan tomorrow night. I'm excited!! :)

@UTMom81, thanks girl!! <3 We just won't talk about how long it's taken! :D

@Katmary71, Thank you very much! I went grocery shopping this morning and it took twice as long because I had to look at every label. :)

Wednesday check in
    Exercise: took the day off the treadmill but I did clean my house. :)

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Exercise: 60-minute fat burning program on my treadmill.

Today was good. I spent part of it making a menu for this week and will shop for most of it tomorrow. Learning how to cook low carb is fun but eye-opening as well. The things I ate so much of and thought of as healthy are really so loaded with carbs it's not even funny. Like sugar-free Ice-Breaker Mints are 1 carb a piece. I eat a box of those a week!! :o And since I now really believe that I am carb sensitive it sure makes sense why my weight came off at a snail's pace. I'm still too new at all this to know if my weight will now start cooperating. I'm just really praying it will!!

On another note, my super heavy cast iron grill pan arrived today so hamburgers, pork chops, and steak are on the menu this week!! :DB)

Great going, I went low carb back in October, and have been full keto for quite a while. I think there are a lot if us out there that are insulin resistant, but just to not know it ( research says at least 30% of US population).

I hit a massive stall last year which lasted months and months (about 4-5 if I remember correctly). I was eating at a defecit and doing tons of exercise, but no matter how much I burned in calories, even at 1200 a day I could not loose.

At that point I had just started training for the marathon. I saw my GP ( family doctor) for something completely unrelated and it was him that suggested I tried low carb. It has been amazing for me, not just for Wright, but overall improvements in health and endurance, and now I understand that having been obese for so long I had become insulin resistant and did not know it.

I am generally maintaining due to a heavy training schedule ( and having list the majority of the weight I needed to shift), but by keeping the carbs low I broke the stall and can now increase and decrease weight, but if I start eating too many carbs again, the old problems come back.

I've ended up going a ton of research, so if anyone wants any links to science backed sources ( none of the opinion of uninformed bloggers stuff), let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. We all have to find what works for us, as we are all different
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    @Dontlookback2018 - I am so sorry you are struggling.

@TeresaW1020 - What a great day! I love all your planning. Enjoy that new skillet and the new menu!

Tuesday Check-in
    Food: on plan, slightly under, all good choices, all tracked
    Exercise: 22 min Classical Stretch session; 156 min martial arts class

Wednesday Goals
    Food: on target, all good choices, all tracked
    Exercise: martial arts practice, martial arts class

Great going. I wish j had the patience for proper stretching, it's do important, but I often end up rushing it more than I should.

Have you tried the Les Mills BodyCombat?
This discussion has been closed.