• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:ย  Week 3
    Weigh in day:ย Wednesday
    Previous Weight:ย 210.0
    Todays Weight:ย 208.8

Yayyy for being firmly under 210 lbs!! It's been more than 16 years since I've seen a number that low and it's was only for a very short time. Not this time!! Yesterday, I took some pics of me in my workout clothes and compared them to ones I took when I first started WW at 264 lbs. What a huge difference. It made me cry to see just how big I really was. It also made me even more motivated to stay the course and get this weight off once and for all. :)

Oh, wow ๐Ÿ˜ฎ, Teresa, so you are down 55 pounds! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

I am SO excited for you! Your consistent effort and commitment are inspiring. You WILL get to your goal!

Wow, 55lbs, that's nigh on 4 stone, way to go girl!!!!! ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽŠ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Today Wednesday is my weigh in day but I am camping and don't have a scale until Friday when home so my weigh in will be late.

Hope you are having a lovely time! ๐Ÿ•๏ธ
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

Great going, I went low carb back in October, and have been full keto for quite a while. I think there are a lot if us out there that are insulin resistant, but just to not know it ( research says at least 30% of US population).

I've ended up going a ton of research, so if anyone wants any links to science backed sources ( none of the opinion of uninformed bloggers stuff), let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. We all have to find what works for us, as we are all different

Thanks Tess! I fought the idea of going low carb for so long but I had to get into the right state of mind where my health and weight loss was more important to me than anything else. I'm there and I pray I stay there! Yes, to whatever links you want to share!! I have also done a ton of research and I have some really good sources I go to and would love to see what you have and compare. :)

• digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,768 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: 60-minute fat burning program on my treadmill.

Today was good. I spent part of it making a menu for this week and will shop for most of it tomorrow. Learning how to cook low carb is fun but eye-opening as well. The things I ate so much of and thought of as healthy are really so loaded with carbs it's not even funny. Like sugar-free Ice-Breaker Mints are 1 carb a piece. I eat a box of those a week!! :o And since I now really believe that I am carb sensitive it sure makes sense why my weight came off at a snail's pace. I'm still too new at all this to know if my weight will now start cooperating. I'm just really praying it will!!

On another note, my super heavy cast iron grill pan arrived today so hamburgers, pork chops, and steak are on the menu this week!! :DB)

Great going, I went low carb back in October, and have been full keto for quite a while. I think there are a lot if us out there that are insulin resistant, but just to not know it ( research says at least 30% of US population).

I hit a massive stall last year which lasted months and months (about 4-5 if I remember correctly). I was eating at a defecit and doing tons of exercise, but no matter how much I burned in calories, even at 1200 a day I could not loose.

At that point I had just started training for the marathon. I saw my GP ( family doctor) for something completely unrelated and it was him that suggested I tried low carb. It has been amazing for me, not just for Wright, but overall improvements in health and endurance, and now I understand that having been obese for so long I had become insulin resistant and did not know it.

I am generally maintaining due to a heavy training schedule ( and having list the majority of the weight I needed to shift), but by keeping the carbs low I broke the stall and can now increase and decrease weight, but if I start eating too many carbs again, the old problems come back.

I've ended up going a ton of research, so if anyone wants any links to science backed sources ( none of the opinion of uninformed bloggers stuff), let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. We all have to find what works for us, as we are all different

thanks that is great information
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Boy what a week I had! Felt like I was back on track last week but it sure didnโ€™t turn out that way. So here I go again! Do over once more! Weigh in tomorrow and I expect a gain but I own it. Still struggling to find balance in my life to take better care of me. Bought myself some new running shoes and put them to good use tonight so Iโ€™m happy about that.

Goals for tomorrow.
    Weigh in
    Make MFP check ins a priority again
    Track the good the bad and the ugly!
    Drink enough water
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It's crazy how things are. I did really good last week. I'm apparently not doing good this week. Smh. Same song second verse same as the first.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:ย  Week 3
    Weigh in day:ย Wednesday
    Previous Weight:ย 210.0
    Todays Weight:ย 208.8

Yayyy for being firmly under 210 lbs!! It's been more than 16 years since I've seen a number that low and it's was only for a very short time. Not this time!! Yesterday, I took some pics of me in my workout clothes and compared them to ones I took when I first started WW at 264 lbs. What a huge difference. It made me cry to see just how big I really was. It also made me even more motivated to stay the course and get this weight off once and for all. :)

Congrats!!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Boy what a week I had! Felt like I was back on track last week but it sure didnโ€™t turn out that way. So here I go again! Do over once more! Weigh in tomorrow and I expect a gain but I own it. Still struggling to find balance in my life to take better care of me. Bought myself some new running shoes and put them to good use tonight so Iโ€™m happy about that.

Goals for tomorrow.
    Weigh in
    Drink enough water

We are so in the same space. Iโ€™m doing over everyday it feels like. I am not taking care of myself. Letting work in the way.

Great news on the running shoes! Feels great right?
  • Kres567
    Options
    @tess5036 - I am sure you have shared some of these articles but please do again! And you as well @TeresaW1020!

Iโ€™ve been using that carb master app this week. Trying to stay under 80g of carbs but it is really hard (especially when my kidโ€™s school has a year end party with a bake sale supporting the childrenโ€™s hospital! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ) lol! Do over tomorrow @sunshineplace!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Little late weighing in, the app was not cooperating on my phone

Weekly Weigh-in
    Username - bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 234.8
    Current - 232.8
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Saresimsr36
    Thursday
    Week 4
    Pw 295
    Cw 293
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Iโ€™m back from my mini-vacay. I was such a relaxing trip - exactly what I needed! So now reality check. School is out so Iโ€™ve got no excuses. Goals are to log food, workout 6 days per week, and no wine unless itโ€™s s special occasion. Back to the basics.
  • kdv12
    kdv12 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in
    Username: kdv12
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Starting Weight: 219
    Previous Weight: 215.4
    Today's Weight: 218.4

I went up not surprising. We had major computer issues at work and have been working 12-14 hours a day. Stress eating like crazy. I know I am doing it but cant seem to stop it. One more week then hopefully things will calm down....
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain, Thank you!! It's 56.6 to be exact. :DB) Thanks for the affirmation link. I have a couple of FB groups that those graphics will work great for!

@digger61, thank you! I have learned the hard way that I have to pre-plan! I cook on my new grill pan tomorrow night. I'm excited!! :)

@UTMom81, thanks girl!! <3 We just won't talk about how long it's taken! :D

@Katmary71, Thank you very much! I went grocery shopping this morning and it took twice as long because I had to look at every label. :)

Wednesday check in
    Calories: under
    Water: over
    Exercise: took the day off the treadmill but I did clean my house. :)

Teresa, if it takes a long time to lose it, youโ€™re more likely to keep it off long term. Gives you time to build healthy habits and develop a lifestyle that you can maintain over time. You are rocking this!!!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

I hit a massive stall last year which lasted months and months (about 4-5 if I remember correctly). I was eating at a defecit and doing tons of exercise, but no matter how much I burned in calories, even at 1200 a day I could not loose.

At that point I had just started training for the marathon. I saw my GP ( family doctor) for something completely unrelated and it was him that suggested I tried low carb. It has been amazing for me, not just for Wright, but overall improvements in health and endurance, and now I understand that having been obese for so long I had become insulin resistant and did not know it.

I am generally maintaining due to a heavy training schedule ( and having list the majority of the weight I needed to shift), but by keeping the carbs low I broke the stall and can now increase and decrease weight, but if I start eating too many carbs again, the old problems come back.

Tess, can you tell me what your macros are on just a normal day? Not your best. Not your worst. Iโ€™ve cut back to usually 50 carbs or less and it worries me that so much of my day comes from fats. Healthy fats, yes, mostly. But still.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options

Goals for tomorrow.
    Weigh in
    Drink enough water

Oooh, congratulations on the run! ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

Excellent set of goals! โœ…
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    It's crazy how things are. I did really good last week. I'm apparently not doing good this week. Smh. Same song second verse same as the first.

Hang in there! You are so determined -- an off week won't stop you.

Is there one thing you could do today, one improvement, that would have today be a bit better than yesterday?
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @tess5036 - I am sure you have shared some of these articles but please do again! And you as well @TeresaW1020!

Iโ€™ve been using that carb master app this week. Trying to stay under 80g of carbs but it is really hard (especially when my kidโ€™s school has a year end party with a bake sale supporting the childrenโ€™s hospital! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ) lol! Do over tomorrow @sunshineplace!

A bake sale? And for a worthy cause? Oh MY - so glad I was not there! ๐Ÿฐ ๐Ÿช I salute your willpower!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Little late weighing in, the app was not cooperating on my phone

Weekly Weigh-in
    Username - bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 234.8
    Current - 232.8

Congratulations! ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰
  • AustinRuadhain