TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT - JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Wonderful idea! I think it helps so much to hear from people! Sorry you are having a hard time sticking to plan! I know what you mean about food commercials. Usually it's recipes that draw me in though. So I'll search and search for that perfect recipe to satisfy my sweet tooth...without setting me back to many calories...or having too many carbs...or artificial sweeteners. Then hopefully I've wasted so much time looking that the urge has passed. Besides which, having put so many qualifiers on it, the recipes either don't exist or sound really awful! 🤣🤣🤣Good luck sticking to plan this week!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    My NSV this week: I've been working since February on doing an unmodified pushup. I started off doing pushups on the sink. When I could do 20, moved to the arm of the couch. When I could do 20 there moved to the side of the tub, and then down to a 12 inch step. AND THEN FRIDAY I DID TWO FULL PROPER PUSHUPS ON THE FLOOR! I am so proud of myself. Over the next 8 weeks I will do pushup sets and report back on my maxes!
  • kmfeig87
    Options
    @mulecanter Do you wear a fitness watch when you swim? If not, how do you calculate/do you calculate, calories burned? Don't know if I swim slow/moderate/vigorous. (It feels like a lot of effort, but I'm pretty sure I'm slow!)
  • rosetigger
    rosetigger Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    @rosetigger I did what you said and changed the 11th, then scooted everything over one...you gave me the figure for the 22nd, but now that everything shifted left, the 21st is now empty. Please check each figure again from the 11st to present and let me know what goes on the 21st. Thanks! JK

I just looked at it again.
    the 12th should be 9463 the rest are correct.

Sorry, I didn't post for a while I have been busy with year end activities with my daughter and stressed out from getting in trouble at work every time I turn around. My energy was low for a couple of weeks and I did a lot of sleeping when I wasn't working or running around.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    @DreaRN15 @Fattleass I need your steps ASAP please...and try to update me at least a couple of times a week...just makes things simpler for me (pretty please)...enjoy your week guys! JK
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    6/23 = 3,682
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    schlerin wrote: »
    My husband and one of his cousins decided to play Pokemon Go for the summer for the fun of it and a way to get out of the house. Well, if they are doing it I might as well too, right? Maybe this will help with the step count, they are both way ahead of me and I need to catch up!

What a cool idea!!! And think of the steps you're gonna get!!! I LOVE IT!! JK
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/22 3472
    6/23 4783
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I have been so frustrated with my lack of weight loss over the last few (6 or so) months. I have been dealing with dizziness/vertigo that my physicians have not been able to figure out which I know has slowed my exercise a bit but this should not prevent me from losing weight and should not change my healthy eating. I am going to try and take things on step at a time and really try to focus on my diet this week. I have been trying to cut back slightly on my carb intake because the carbs I tend to eat are not the healthiest, think sweets like cookies and candy.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    @mulecanter Do you wear a fitness watch when you swim? If not, how do you calculate/do you calculate, calories burned? Don't know if I swim slow/moderate/vigorous. (It feels like a lot of effort, but I'm pretty sure I'm slow!)

No, I just swim for a period of time and use the MFP activity calculator for "moderate" (there are slower folks and faster folks than me). The values are always suspect but what are you going to do?
  • mulecanter
    edited June 2019
    Options
    pizzafruit wrote: »
    Week 4
    Monday Weigh-In
    Team Trimstones
    PW:268
    CW: 272 - UGH!

I am extremely hesitant to comment on posts only because I'm really struggling and have been for what seems like an eternity. Am I lethargic because I'm obese or am I obese because I'm lethargic? Six in one hand and 1/2 dozen in the other - don't you think?

Hey we all struggle, I personnally have been in unintentional maintenance for almost a year, can't seem to overcome the pressure on that last 20 pounds. Post away, no judging and you might get some good advice.
  • mulecanter
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    My NSV this week: I've been working since February on doing an unmodified pushup. I started off doing pushups on the sink. When I could do 20, moved to the arm of the couch. When I could do 20 there moved to the side of the tub, and then down to a 12 inch step. AND THEN FRIDAY I DID TWO FULL PROPER PUSHUPS ON THE FLOOR! I am so proud of myself. Over the next 8 weeks I will do pushup sets and report back on my maxes!

This is so great, I love your patient, systematic path. All women should do more upper body strength training, it is muy atractivo!
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Steps
    6/15 - 2233
    6/16 - 2518
    6/17 - 2970
    6/18 - 4543
    6/19 - 1301
    6/20 - 3622
    6/21 - 1258
    6/22 - 1673
    6/23 - 1624

Sorry @jessicakrall8 been a helluva week. Here ya go!!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,796 Member
    Options
    6/22-8,724
    6/23-5,187

Steps low for the past couple days, today is higher, worked out, for an hour and a half, and now I'm at work.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Mulecanter
    Week 4, Monday
    PW: 203.5
    CW: 201.5

Hey, that's with a bacon cheeseburger and fries with a beer last night. Almost three hours of pool laps must have helped! I was a bad boy but it was worth it, needed a good family meal out to patch up some rough times with teenage sons (I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to have parenting challenges, right?)

You paid the scale gods, didn't you?!! You've been exercising a lot though so perhaps that helped ya! Nice loss this week! I hate you though! :wink: Jess
This discussion has been closed.