New Group - For the Love of Keto

Options
eggfooyamyam
eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
I just started a new group called 'For the Love of Keto' for people who have 6+ months experience in the ketogenic lifestyle and are looking for extra support, ideas, and comradery.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133161-for-the-love-of-keto

Replies

• Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am in....have been Keto on and off for 3years.......want to lose 20 more pounds
  • klaak
    klaak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Yes I'm in too! I've also been keto about 3 years. I felt the best the first year and a half, lost weight slowly but effortlessly which i hadnt been able to do in 10 years despite trying really hard. Then I put 10 lbs back on and I still can't figure out why lol. I've been stuck there for over a year despite trying different things to get the scale and my body to move. It's been difficult to be religious with a workout program these days, trying to balance work and a master's degree program leaves me pretty tired. But I need to get my act together!
  • eloelochat
    eloelochat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Restarting keto after being off it for a while. So far this has been the only diet that worked for me.
    My GP approves, she just says to keep it low carb on days that I don't feel like meeting my fat.
    I am also new to groups on MFP, so if you have tips or group suggestions it would be great. Is there a place in the app to see "my groups" or do I have to look up keto each time I want an update??
    Feel free to add me as your keto friend, it will motivate me and keep me in check 😂
  • Crash7676
    Crash7676 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started a new group called 'For the Love of Keto' for people who have 6+ months experience in the ketogenic lifestyle and are looking for extra support, ideas, and comradery.

Oops I’m sorry I didn’t read the post to the bottom and applied to the group. Ignore my request, I haven’t been doing keto long enough. I’ll find another one! Thank you
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Crash7676 wrote: »

Oops I’m sorry I didn’t read the post to the bottom and applied to the group. Ignore my request, I haven’t been doing keto long enough. I’ll find another one! Thank you

Hi, if you just want a challenge join the monthly one in this group? Currently the June one but all too soon to be the July one!
  • eggfooyamyam
    eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hey, All, Thank you for joining!! We are at 18 people so I am no longer going to accept new members.
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    As of today, I’ve been attempting to do keto for 540 days. My first 6 months doing keto I lost over 50 pounds and turned my life around. I went from an obese, prediabetic on the verge of a heart attack to a relatively healthy person in that time. Although I’ve struggled, gaining back and losing again, 20 of those pounds this last year or so, I still attribute the good health I’ve enjoyed to the keto way of existance(WOE).

Keto has been more than a weight loss program to me too. Non-Scale Victories (NSV) are a big part of the reason I try to adhere to keto. My memory, mood, hair, skin, joints, energy, clothes and much more are examples of NSVs I’ve enjoyed because of keto.

Keto has not always been easy for me because I am a recovering Carboholic. However, keto is and has been worth the effort. I’m glad to join this group where we can support and help each other as we struggle to adhere to this keto WOE.
  • patrifour
    patrifour Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I started on Wednesday and in 2 days lost .8 lbs in total which is great. I need to lose 30 more so let's be motivated in this journey. Share your recipes please
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. The poster is no longer accepting members to the group. For those looking for more support, check the sticky threads at the top of the group for the Monthly Challenge and join. :)
This discussion has been closed.