Welcome!

Options

Replies

• MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've been vegan for a year or so after being vegetarian for 30 years (with a couple of blips when I had my sons :( ) Back on mfp after a long and fattening absence. Happy to add veggie/ vegan friends. Most of the friends I had the first time around have not logged on for years, like me! I'm a teacher and live in England.
  • ganeshsupromaniam
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I am Ganesh, vegetarian since 2012 and vegan since 2016. Have been intermittent fasting since Jan 2018.... looking forward to sharing recipes and ideas....
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Emily. I've been vegan for 8 years, vegetarian before that for 3 years. I just had a baby in March, and while I envisioned myself being a divine, raw foods, hippy pregnant goddess, I became mostly a junk food vegan because, well, cravings. Trying to transition back to a more "whole foods plant based" type of diet.
  • CathyGeha
    CathyGeha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Cathy and have dabbled with vegan eating in the past and been vegan off and on. I live in the Middle East and do find it a challenge to find convenience foods so am looking at YouTube videos in order to make what I need. I signed up for Veganuary and 21 Day Kickstart to begin January 1 and look forward to having this group to support me as I move forward.
  • beelikethebug1116
    beelikethebug1116 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Bethany, and my one year anniversary of becoming began is in 2 days!!! Now that I'm solidly in a vegan lifestyle, I'm hoping to find ways to move away from processed foods (meaning away from Oreos). Glad to be here!
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    My journey started on the 31st dec 2018 :)
  • ascensiongoddess
    ascensiongoddess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm vegan due to food sensitivities. I love cooking vegan meals and look forward to seeing what others cook as well.
  • stringrea
    stringrea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone! I have been a vegan since August, so pretty recent. I am still learning, and would love some insight and support. Have a great day everyone!!
  • aliathevegan
    aliathevegan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Alia and I have been a vegan for 6 years. I am currently transitioning to alkaline vegan. I have struggled with my weight on a off for years. When I first became a vegan, I lost 78 pounds. Unfortunately, I gained most of it back. I have struggled with junk food forever! Now, I am whole foods plant-based and working on eating completely alkaline. I am done 14 pounds and I am on a journey to 145 pounds.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Clive. Been on MFP since 2011. Been vegan since 2014 (switched from full omnivor to Vegan overnight).

Happy to have more vegan friends 'on the ride' with me :)

Feel free to add me.

I'm in North Yorkshire, England.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    Options
    Hi there...
    I've been vegan for 4.5 years now and was vegetarian for 17 years before that. Becoming vegan was the best decision I ever (finally) made! I'd be happy to have some MFP vegan friends. :smile:
  • greenpixie1
    greenpixie1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I've been a vegetarian for twenty years and a vegan for eight years. Happy to have more vegan friends.
  • mlfanucci
    mlfanucci Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm starting MFP again after many years off. I've been vegan for five years and live in Bellingham, WA in the U.S. I'm hoping to make some positive friends who can help inspire me on my journey to being a healthy vegan. :)
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I will be returning to a vegetarian (w little dairy & eggs) that I had while I was in college. My Daughter is advocating for me to go vegan. I told her I need two months to make my current changes stick, then by July I can do the rest of the Summer as a vegan and evaluate how it all has settled in September.

I have been a whole foods, slow foods, mostly organic omnivore since 1980s. I have been tweaking my basic approach over the years. One good tweak for me is to get most of my carbs from legumes-pulses/greens/tubers/vegetables and to limit grain carbs.

A 15mos pescatarian-ovo-dairy keto diet has concluded, and I am labelling keto not suitable for me. My kidneys were not happy with that much saturated fat.

A Friend lent me her book, How Not to Die, and now I am approaching a diet much like my vegan Daughter. My total fat targets have dropped from 50% with saturated fats in the range of 40g/day, to 25% with saturated fats down to 15g, then 12g/day, and now 9g/day. To do this I must eliminates all flesh and restrict ovo-dairy to a point whether I want coconut today or that smear of goat cheese.

I have been eating greens daily, but this book also advocates for daily legumes & pulses. I will be working on making legumes & pulses a daily habit too, and restore my daily fruit.

• hannahmilligan666
    hannahmilligan666 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vegan for almost 2 years! Feel free to add me x
  • dratinidragon
    dratinidragon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I turned vegetarian in 2005 but have been vegan for nearly 13 years. Would love to share my food diary with others so we can inspire each other so please add me if you don't mind sharing your food diary too :)
  • Mrskrod422
    Mrskrod422 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been eating vegan for almost 2 years. I watched "What the Health?" and switched to vegan eating overnight. I did so because I was disgusted but also because my Mom died at age 54 from complication of diabetes.
    Diabetes has taken 4 grandparents lives, my Mom's, and I have several family member who are diabetic. I do not want to be next!! I have gained 20 lbs. in the last few months (hello vegan junk food!) so I'm here to lose that and anything else that happens.
  • torilou1975
    torilou1975 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi, I have been vegan for 2.5 years and vegetarian for most of my life before that. I celebrated (?) my 44th birthday yesterday and thought today would be an apt day to start MFP again as I have around 3 stone to loose! Wish me luck!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Chicagoland and experimenting with veganism. I would like to go vegan 4-5 days a week, starting this month with 2 days a week. Motivations are health, environment, and my secular Buddhist beliefs of non-harm to our fellow organisms.