• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, @GaleHawkins
    doxmlyxr0h7m.png
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Pasta Zero at two area WalMarts is right next to the Tofu. No one at WM has ever heard of Pasta Zero but can walk you right to the tofu. :)

I do the typical male prep. 1. Get the bowl I am going to eat out of and fill it with hot tap water and leave it run slow. 2. Toss in a sealed bag of Pasta Zero from the frig. Put 8 oz of On The Border Mild Chunky Salsa in the microwave for 71 seconds so it ends up at the door where I put it in the microwave. 3. While it is cooking I slit the warm bag halfway across the top and pour out the water then refill with hot tap water and drain twice. 4. I dump the hot water out of the bowl and rip open the bag of Pasta Zero and dump it as one clump into the bowl I am going to eat it out of. 5. With a knife and fork I cut it both ways so it is all little cubes. 6. Dump salsa on top and stir. 7. Dive in face first and ENJOY. 8. Rinse off everything and stick in back into the dishwasher until hungry for it again.

LOL. Love your method. I have read so much about how bad these shiratake noodles smell that I was never willing to try them. One day when I was eating strict keto, I saw the Pasta Zero and purchased a bag. I was amazed that it didn't have to be heavily rinsed, dry fried, etc. More amazed that it didn't have a noticeable unpleasant smell (to me). I'm not really a huge fan but if someone wants a pasta substitute, I recommend Pasta Zero. The texture is a bit rubbery and they really have no taste which is likely a good thing because it allows them to pick up the flavor of whatever is added.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Most shirataki info I think I have seen in one article.

https://healthline.com/nutrition/shirataki-noodles-101
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny ramen sized noodles more so than the fatter fettuccini style...the texture is different...I rinse them like crazy and then either heat them in the sauce, or in a skillet, or in a broth depending on what I'm making.
  • imlightning
    imlightning Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I love these things. I usually let mine simmer in a pot of sauce for about an hour so they absorb the flavour.

The only thing that was off putting at first was the smell. I just make sure I rinse them well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Most shirataki info I think I have seen in one article.

https://healthline.com/nutrition/shirataki-noodles-101

Thanks for posting this!
  • ivory98107
    ivory98107 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    have you tried the "Healthy noodle" at Costco? Those are my fav for all around use, including Italian style dishes.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    ivory98107 wrote: »
    have you tried the "Healthy noodle" at Costco? Those are my fav for all around use, including Italian style dishes.

I haven't seen them at our costco. Similar concept to the shirataki noodles. WHERE in costco are you finding them?
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Will have to try this. I made a chicken parm recipe from ruledme and had low carb tomato sauce with these noodles last week. I bought no calorie fettuccine Alfredo sauce from Sprouts. A little scared to try it. Anyone tried it here yet with these noodles? No calorie sauce seems wrong, but I had to buy it to see.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    As a certified Costco Junkie I can confidently say not all Costcos carry the same products and it's the most annoying thing ever.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I tried the Miracle Noodle brand 'rice' last week.... Kind of reminded me of bubble tea. I think I'll stick to the noodle shapes. And a tablespoon of cooked rice when I'm really desperate for that flavour & texture.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    w3adlrbgy6cz.jpg
    I made cold shirataki noodle salad last night.
    Cooked it, rinsed and cooled it, made sauce (Soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, water, Erythritol sweetener) and topped with shredded cabbage, cucumber and tuna salad. I added siracha right before I had it and OMG, it was soooo gooood! :D
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I quite enjoy Shiritaki Noodles and Rice, but they do tend to bloat me pretty badly!

Ive been craving Spaghetti Carbonara with Chicken, Pancetta, Cream & Parmesan (probably not authentic Italian but boyyyyyy is it good!), so i'm going to give it a whirl with the Bare Noodles brand 'Spaghetti' style Shirataki noodles. I'll let you all know how i get on x
  • mprocyszyn
    mprocyszyn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love my shiritaki noodles. They are in my frig 24/7. Instead of potatoes, rice, pasta I have the noodles for my carb ......a protein (meat)...salad ....vegetables...and there's supper. They take the flavor of whatever you pair them with. The ones I get in my town look and feel exactly like rice noodles. I rinse them from the package, soak in water with a bit of lemon juice...rinse again, toss in colander and put in frig. Because they are fibre...have no issues keeping regular. Best thing I've found to keep my carbs under 100 gms per day.
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Really really want Pad Thai. Anyone figured out a good recipe for that with these?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Jessimom2 wrote: »
    Really really want Pad Thai. Anyone figured out a good recipe for that with these?
    This one looks good:
    https://www.homesweetjones.com/2015/01/vegan-shirataki-pad-thai-miracle-noodle-giveaway/
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I've got to try the lot carb pastas, I keep forgetting to look for them at the super market.

I sometimes, even before eating keto, used spaghetti squash instead of pasta. It has a mild taste and the consistency of an al dente angel hair.

But the low carb pasta has piqued my curiosity.