In Search of New Breakfast Ideas

Options
Hi!
I'm tired of all breakfast items that I know how to make. What are some things you make for breakfast that are tasty?
Thanks in advance for sharing!

Replies

• mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are muffin pan omelettes. I usually include a veggie. This week was ham, goat cheese and broccoli.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making zuchinni/spinach scrambles. I switch up the vegetables sometimes. Aside of that, just yogurt with cinnamon and strawberries.

One thing I've been wanting to try are making egg bites like Starbucks has. I've seen a lot of people making them in the Instant Pot (you can do it in the oven too though I don't have those recipes).
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I love simple breakfast foods.

Broccoli florets (or Spinach)
    Diced onions and/or bell peppers

Lightly salted, sauteed in olive oil, small skillet. Medium heat.

Once veggies are tender, pour in one or two beaten eggs, stir for just a minute. Sprinkle on a little shredded cheese, let cook. Slide onto plate, or flip out onto plate in omelet shape. Salt and pepper to taste.

• Beanbean5916
    Beanbean5916 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a tea, not a food, but it is super healthy and zero calories, and goes really well served hot with breakfast!

You can make a lovely tea out of the needles of the Eastern White Pine. It is important to check plant identification as some other types of pine may be toxic.

If there are no Eastern White Pines in your area, some research will likely tell you what other types of edible pines you can find.

Once you have identified a suitable pine, add 1/2 cup of needles to 3 cups of boiling water. Turn off heat and let steep for twenty minutes. Strain, and now you have tea!

I find it tastes best hot and without sugar. It has a mild, spiced yet buttery flavor, kinda like something Vikings would drink.

The recipe originated with sailors, as a treatment for scurvy, since the needles have three to five times more vitamin C than an orange!

It has also been proven effective against anxiety, depression, and dementia. Studies have shown it aids in Cancer prevention, cardiovascular health, immune function, etc.

More about the benefits of pine needle tea can be found here: https://www.wildedible.com/pine-needle-tea-natural-vitamin-c#health