What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    _JeffreyD_ wrote: »
    My wife's dad passed away this week. It's actually a blessing, and he was ready to go at age 93. We are going to have a lot of company and food brought in by other people. Could be an interesting week of tracking. But I am not going to think about it very much while we celebrate a wonderful man's life.

Sincerest condolences to you and your family. A celebration of a long life well lived sounds like a fitting tribute. (((Hugs)))
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @_JeffreyD_ My condolences on your loss, prayers to you and your family.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    My wife's dad passed away this week. It's actually a blessing, and he was ready to go at age 93. We are going to have a lot of company and food brought in by other people. Could be an interesting week of tracking. But I am not going to think about it very much while we celebrate a wonderful man's life.

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. It is very hard to lose a parent. Take care of yourself and your family.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    I set myself up with a goal of losing 2 pounds a week. I hit my goal this week. I am finally on the right track. I now need to get my schedule back on my treadmill routine. I am so excited :)

Anyone else have weekly weight loss goals?

Congrats to you!

I also set myself up for a 2 lb a week lose. I have done well these past 5 weeks. I think now I am going to change to 1/2 lb for the next month. I started getting the munchies late at night. Maybe a little more food will help with that. Then maybe I'll switch back and forth to not get in a rut and give up.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Jumping in late! :) No winners circle.
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @countrycreek welcome to UAC!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    hil331115 wrote: »
    @countrycreek welcome to UAC!

Thank you!!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    @Ketch_22 "Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes... phew it was close for a change (hot fudge is worth it!)"

I know that "hot fudge" feeling. This is my favorite recipe for hot fudge. Not a low calorie item, but it is a special treat on occasion! I use 4 Tablespoons of water instead of 2 when making the recipe...and the secret is to ALWAYS pour it into a blender once the ingredients are melted and blend for several minutes to a super smooth consistency. The challenge is to exercise restraint...but my motto is "deny myself nothing, moderation is key."

https://www.eaglebrand.com/recipe-detail/eaglebrandhotfudgesauce-4196
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,708 Member
    Options
    @Ketch_22 "Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes... phew it was close for a change (hot fudge is worth it!)"

I know that "hot fudge" feeling. This is my favorite recipe for hot fudge. Not a low calorie item, but it is a special treat on occasion! I use 4 Tablespoons of water instead of 2 when making the recipe...and the secret is to ALWAYS pour it into a blender once the ingredients are melted and blend for several minutes to a super smooth consistency. The challenge is to exercise restraint...but my motto is "deny myself nothing, moderation is key."

https://www.eaglebrand.com/recipe-detail/eaglebrandhotfudgesauce-4196

Wow thanks, great recipe! Much healthier than the one I had. I used to work for Friendly's as a kid and I wanted the exact hot fudge they use. Finally found it and it was delicious but when gone I'll make your recipe.
  • hil331115
    hil331115 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @Ketch_22 I love Friendly"s. I no longer live in an area that has it, but I used to frequent the restaurant quite often
  • Ketch_22
    Options
    hil331115 wrote: »
    @Ketch_22 I love Friendly"s. I no longer live in an area that has it, but I used to frequent the restaurant quite often

I don't live near one any more either so it took a while to find the fudge. It was a fun place
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life pretty pics! My sister and I are doing a Road Scholar trip. Fly into Fairbanks. Bus to Denali. 5 days there, then on to Seward for 3 days. Seward to Anchorage and then home. Looking forward to everythi g but the travel to and from ... no good way to get between Lafayette, In and Alaska :-(
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    @w8goal4life pretty pics! My sister and I are doing a Road Scholar trip. Fly into Fairbanks. Bus to Denali. 5 days there, then on to Seward for 3 days. Seward to Anchorage and then home. Looking forward to everything but the travel to and from ... no good way to get between Lafayette, In and Alaska :-(

Sounds like a wonderful trip & itinerary. I have looked at Road Scholar trips before. They appear to be small group tours and the reviews all seem to be favorable. Looking forward to your pics and thoughts about your journey when you return, if you care to share. You will no doubt accomplish your daily UAC exercise for the duration. :) Have a great trip!
  • Ketch_22
    Options
    : mrgreen : Alaska sounds like a good trip to me
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a fitness tracking device that syncs (perfectly) with MFP and other under armour apps. I also like to check my pulse without reading glasses. Any ideas? Go.
  • Ketch_22
    Options
    Wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a fitness tracking device that syncs (perfectly) with MFP and other under armour apps. I also like to check my pulse without reading glasses. Any ideas? Go.

although nothing is perfect. I've had little issue with fitbit charge 3. I chose this one because it has a good display and it is waterproof. It does hr and sleep too while automatically detecting several exercises. I've heard Garmin is good for outdoor exercise people too. Hope this helps
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa
    Options

I am kind of partial to the Garmin Vivoactive. I like that it has GPS in it. Somehow I like that better than a step counter. The drawback is that it is kind of messy on step counting. When I am driving that step counter thing will buzz and ring as though I had been walking.
    But when I am exercising deliberately I push all of the buttons necessary to record a session.
    Works for me in that I don't really care as much about step count as I do deliberate exercise records.
  • BuddysSurrogateGrandpa
    Options

Sometimes I don't know why I would buy a watch with gps in it when my smartphone has that and works for that kind of tracking. But I guess I don't get the convenience of looking at my wrist for speed or distance covered. Also haven't figured out how to get my heart monitor to couple to my smartphone. I think it can be done though.

I am thinking about getting a new gps watch. Mine isn't holding a charge as long as it used to for when I have gps turned on. It is only good for like 3 or so hours.

The new garmin supposedly good for more hours of gps and has heart rate built in. It has some kind of leds that shine on your skin somehow. I am kind of partial to the chest strap monitor. I think it has less latency or a greater sample rate or something. I like being able to watch my heart unwind after I wind it up.