Introduce Yourself / General Chat!

Options

Replies

• belle_d98
    belle_d98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nadia. I'm from FL, US. I am trying to jumpstart losing weight again. I tend to stress eat so about a year ago I put on 30lbs. So, now I'm trying to lose it again and some extra lol. I tend to struggle with motivational issues. Although I work in a restaurant, I find myself too exhausted to do anything. Sooo yeah...
  • eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

How was the weekend?

I'm down 1Lb this week so happy with that. I did have a few treats over the weekend but was 80% on track with my eating.

:smile:

Congrats on your loss! I had a long weekend with Friday and Monday off work as well. I went to the gym both days as I find that, if I've worked out, I'm more likely to "behave" with my eating. Whereas I did absolutely nothing on Sat/Sun and just mindlessly grazed on junk for most of the day. Gym again today and tomorrow so we shall see come weigh day. :#
  • eatingems
    Options
    belle_d98 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Nadia. I'm from FL, US. I am trying to jumpstart losing weight again. I tend to stress eat so about a year ago I put on 30lbs. So, now I'm trying to lose it again and some extra lol. I tend to struggle with motivational issues. Although I work in a restaurant, I find myself too exhausted to do anything. Sooo yeah...

Hi Nadia, welcome to the group! Finding the motivation to start is the hardest part, I think. You got this girl!
  • kaaitken2012
    kaaitken2012 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    eatingems wrote: »
    Congrats on your loss! I had a long weekend with Friday and Monday off work as well. I went to the gym both days as I find that, if I've worked out, I'm more likely to "behave" with my eating. Whereas I did absolutely nothing on Sat/Sun and just mindlessly grazed on junk for most of the day. Gym again today and tomorrow so we shall see come weigh day. :#

Weekends are the hardest, luckily I was quiet busy this weekend so didnt have time to snack much :). Just keep up with the gym and you'll be fine im sure :)
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    I was up 2lb as well this week then had a bbq and went to the inlaws for dinner( Roast Cake and Ice cream. I have to get back on it this week :)
  • eatingems
    Options
    I had a gain of 0.5lbs when I weighed in last Thursday. Also need to get my head back in the game! Thinking I may move weigh ins to the weekend or Monday morning to keep me motivated.. In my head I'm like "Well I have most of the week to lose it again!" and a) doesn't usually work and b) that's not a very good attitude to have haha.
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    Yes I agree as I weigh Saturday morning which I think is probably the worst time as I do the same.
  • eatingems
    Options
    Yes Vicky, that's what's important! Ya gotta love yourself first.

Even though sometimes I have a gain or maintain, I've been feeling so much better recently just in myself.
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    I had KFC Yesterday Definitely not on plan but it was boiling and I didn't want to cook. Back on plan today, im not expecting a loss this week just need to maintain and work hard next week :)
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    Hi, How is everyone doing this week?
  • eatingems
    Options
    I've just noticed your first post, I was the same last week! It was waaaaay too hot to be in my kitchen cooking so I had a little takeaway too! Whoops! Then I did my usual on Sunday and ate too much chocolate... whoops again! I've been good this week so hoping for a little loss and, if that doesn't happen, I'm good with a maintain as well.

I've noticed my stomach isn't as bulging as it has been (though I still look like I'm in the early stages of pregnancy if I wear something too form fitting) I'm at the point where I'm starting to see and feel the difference in my clothes so I'm happy enough with those non-scale victories that a maintain is fine with me :smile:

Hope you are having a good week!
  • dblair27
    dblair27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm Danielle. I'm 24 years old and I've been on and off MFP for... well, a while. I had lost thirty pounds as of April, but my husband's RA threw us for a loop with some medication changes and awful side effects, and I gained back twenty of the pounds I'd lost.

I'm a borderline crazy cat lady, I'm a few days from joining Zwift (new smart trainer in the mail!), and I'm looking for friends because I love the social aspect of MFP.

Anyway, I guess feel free to add me. I may send out a few friend requests too after reading through more of the thread. :)
  • eatingems
    Options
    dblair27 wrote: »
    Hi there!

I'm Danielle. I'm 24 years old and I've been on and off MFP for... well, a while. I had lost thirty pounds as of April, but my husband's RA threw us for a loop with some medication changes and awful side effects, and I gained back twenty of the pounds I'd lost.

I'm a borderline crazy cat lady, I'm a few days from joining Zwift (new smart trainer in the mail!), and I'm looking for friends because I love the social aspect of MFP.

Anyway, I guess feel free to add me. I may send out a few friend requests too after reading through more of the thread. :)

Hey Danielle, nice to meet ya! I'm sure you'll lose that again so not to worry!

I'm a crazy cat lady too! I have four already but I feel like I have room in my heart for another once I can convince my fiancé haha.

I just looked up Zwift and that looks so cool! Let us know how you find it. I don't think it's available in the UK or I probably would have been game to try it, maybe one day!
  • ref2018
    ref2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    August is my month off school so I’m planning on jumping in hard. The gym bikes have a challenge going on to ride for 5 hours in a month and you get raffled for $100 so that’s plenty motivation right there 😂

I love cats, I have one but she won’t let me get another. She’s the queen, what can I say 🤷‍♀️
  • dblair27
    Options
    dblair27 wrote: »
    Hi there!

Hey Danielle, nice to meet ya! I'm sure you'll lose that again so not to worry!

I'm a crazy cat lady too! I have four already but I feel like I have room in my heart for another once I can convince my fiancé haha.

I just looked up Zwift and that looks so cool! Let us know how you find it. I don't think it's available in the UK or I probably would have been game to try it, maybe one day!

I have three cats! Well, two are mine and one is a long-term foster that probably isn't going back home to my sister. They're a bit of a crazy bunch... Stormy is all black and a little rude, Moose is big and blind in one eye (but he's also so sweet and cuddly), and Gomez is such a nice cat but he has a permanently grumpy looking face!

d1b7x97rt1kn.jpg
    aduf66cchaaf.jpg
    vyqutr24yvj5.jpeg

We take professional photos of shelter cats and also some cute ones of our own... #crazycatlady.

As for Zwift, I do think it's available everywhere -- but you need a bike and a trainer, and those cost a LOT for people who aren't already into cycling!

What are your four cats like?
  • dblair27
    Options
    ref2018 wrote: »
    August is my month off school so I’m planning on jumping in hard. The gym bikes have a challenge going on to ride for 5 hours in a month and you get raffled for $100 so that’s plenty motivation right there 😂

I love cats, I have one but she won’t let me get another. She’s the queen, what can I say 🤷‍♀️

Do you have photos of your cat? I'm a sucker for cat photos!
  • eatingems
    Options
    oh my gosh those photos are great! They are absolutely beautiful cats, you're very lucky! I could look at cat pictures all day long tbh.

I would love to get professional pictures of mine done. Maybe one day, haha! This is the only picture I have of the four of mine on my works computer.

lm1w1bgd8112.jpg

top left > right Atlas & Barney
    bottom left > right Pebbles & Ruby

I've had them all since they were 6-9 months. Pebbles is the OG, she will be seventeen on her birthday this year, we really thought we were going to lose her there in June but she pulled through and is back to her sassy self. Barney turned ten this year, we got him from a cat charity after he was left in an abandoned house. Licking you one second and biting you to death the next. He has a heart murmur and has been put on a diet because he is a chunky boy. Ruby and Atlas are from the same litter apparently but I'm not too sure, I got them from someone who lived in a flat but felt they needed to be outdoor cats. They turned four this year. Ruby is the tiniest cat I've ever seen, brings me a not-so-lovely present pretty much daily, a real hunter. Atlas is a big lanky goofball who broke his leg within three months of being an outdoor cat, think he was hit by a car but he's doing great now. The friendliest boy but easily spooked.

• eatingems
    Options
    ref2018 wrote: »

Wish my gym did stuff like that! I'd be there all the time haha!
    My eldest cat doesn't mind her brothers and sister but god forbid another cat enters our garden!!
  • dblair27
    Options
    oh my gosh those photos are great! They are absolutely beautiful cats, you're very lucky! I could look at cat pictures all day long tbh.

I would love to get professional pictures of mine done. Maybe one day, haha! This is the only picture I have of the four of mine on my works computer.

lm1w1bgd8112.jpg

top left > right Atlas & Barney
    bottom left > right Pebbles & Ruby

I've had them all since they were 6-9 months. Pebbles is the OG, she will be seventeen on her birthday this year, we really thought we were going to lose her there in June but she pulled through and is back to her sassy self. Barney turned ten this year, we got him from a cat charity after he was left in an abandoned house. Licking you one second and biting you to death the next. He has a heart murmur and has been put on a diet because he is a chunky boy. Ruby and Atlas are from the same litter apparently but I'm not too sure, I got them from someone who lived in a flat but felt they needed to be outdoor cats. They turned four this year. Ruby is the tiniest cat I've ever seen, brings me a not-so-lovely present pretty much daily, a real hunter. Atlas is a big lanky goofball who broke his leg within three months of being an outdoor cat, think he was hit by a car but he's doing great now. The friendliest boy but easily spooked.

Oh, my! They're all so darn cute and so unique from each other!

What's your exercise of choice? Not going to lie -- tried to leash train the cats, got nowhere. Good thing I prefer to cycle anyway!
  • kaaitken2012
    Options
    So glad I'm Not the Only Cat lady on here haha. I onbly have one atm but am strongly trying to convince my other half another is needed.
    Its been a long week and I seem to have Lost what I put on last week thankfully. I've not been the best food wise but I'm going to really stick to it this week and try go gym twice at least and see what happens :)