Replies

• 072499tt
    072499tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • mjamzflex
    mjamzflex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the beginning the majority of weight loss for keto is water loss, due to carbs holding on to a lot of water and you are getting rid of them.
    Expect decent weight loss after you are keto adapted,
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    This is the end of week 2. week one I lost close to 3 lbs and then this week gained 1.5

I'm surprised no one else caught this.

You're 2 weeks in and you've lost 1.5lbs.

That's .75lb per week.

That's not "not losing." That's just about on track, given the very short timeframe.

Yes, some people lose more, but that's not everyone. Some people even actually don't lose (as in, the scale goes literally nowhere) in the first couple of weeks.

Stay the (original) course and re-evaluate in a month or two. You're doing fine.
  • rich41n
    rich41n Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yes, keep up the good work! use your BG readings as motivation. that is what I do. i was diagnosed T2D about a month ago. (pre-diabetic last year and got things under control with keto then slipped for 8 months). As you stated before this is a must for your long term health so it's worth putting in the effort and trying to be patient (that is what I tell myself everyday!)
  • kasandra527
    kasandra527 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just keep tracking! I did keto for a solid 8 months last year (just got back into it a week ago) and the graphs show my weight went up and down but always in a downward motion... I know it can be discouraging, but stick to it... especially because even when the weight does not come off, clothes start feeling better.. your skin will glow.. and you'll feel amazing! Don't give up :)