Meal/recipe sharing

Options
Tatami_Matt_1
Tatami_Matt_1 Posts: 13 Member
Grilled chicken breast (marinated in lite balsamic vinegrette) on spinach with avocado, tomato, pepperchinis, and kalamata olives with a little lite balsamic vinegrette dressing

Replies

• Tatami_Matt_1
    Tatami_Matt_1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2nd variation: grilled chicken (marinated in raspberry vinegrette), raspberries, blackberries, sliced almonds and raspberry vinegrette (to be added at meal time - all prepped for this week’s lunches)
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Both of these look awesome
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Guys, I need a lot of help with nutrition, I was thinking of giving up sugar and caffeine, keeping it simple with lots of fruits/veg , nuts and beans, i have the inherited cholesterol so need to keep an eye on animal fats.

Both your meals look so healthy @Tatami_Matt_1 I really need to keep it simple.

eating for more energy!!!!
  • suzanne6094
    Options
    y0ewmi9xw5cu.jpg
  • Brabo_Grip
    Options
    Guys, I need a lot of help with nutrition, I was thinking of giving up sugar and caffeine, keeping it simple with lots of fruits/veg , nuts and beans, i have the inherited cholesterol so need to keep an eye on animal fats.

Both your meals look so healthy @Tatami_Matt_1 I really need to keep it simple.

eating for more energy!!!!

I would like some of Matt’s recipes as well.

Personally I am a huge fan of sweet potatoes. I try to incorporate them in my diet especially when training hard. I also like the ease of steam in the bag veggies. I put them in the microwave and then put some Greek seasoning (Cavenders is the brand available here locally) and it is delicious. Lean chicken breast on top of some fresh spinach, strawberries, a few walnuts, and a light vinaigrette is one on my go to salads.

• suzanne6094
    Options
    I went shopping this weekend, so mostly try to stick to oats with fruit (blueberries, rasberries, pawpaw, oranges etc) with some form of seed over it , if I do not have eggs on toast for breakfast,

Got some stir fry Oriental and French which I like to consume with chicken breast etc,

Made a fresh pot of BEEF BONE BROTH so good for the gut.

Also stocked up on my greens, spinach and broc.

Just want to eat a variety of foods COLOURFUL and good!

Def forgot about the Sweet Potato, everyone always rave about it, maybe I should give it a go!
  • Brabo_Grip
    Options
    I have cut out red meat from my diet per my doctors recommendation because my cholesterol is a little high (otherwise he says I am in excellent shape fir my age. Hooray Jiu Jitsu).

However, now I am just above anemic and need to get more iron in my diet. Obviously, more spinach is on the menu. Also certain types of fish. Any other ideas? I’m trying to do it naturally because iron supplements don’t absorb, as well and are harder on the body.