Struggles.

Options
ElizbethMolly
ElizbethMolly Posts: 32 Member
Thought we could list what we are struggling with here. Kind of a place to vent or get ideas to help.

Right now, I am starving! This is the first time I have dieted in years and would eat whatever I want to now limiting myself to 1900 cals a day (which is a lot I know, but also 1000 below my TDEE). This morning my stomach hurt from being hungry. I'm struggling to just drink my protein shake and eat my oatmeal over walking down to the cafe and getting a huge omelet! I know my stomach will shrink and my body/mind will adjust, it's just hard at first.

Replies

• dentistsquid
    dentistsquid Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it! What has helped me is eating a higher volume of vegetables, egg whites, and nonfat Greek yogurt to fill myself up because they are lower calorie and nutritious. Best of luck!
  • inkpoisonedsoul
    inkpoisonedsoul Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Start with a slight deficit of 250 under TDEE. Itll make it easier to stick to and ensure your success. There's really no need to cut 1000 calories at the start.
  • kuaya26
    kuaya26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I struggle with eating healthy breakfasts in the morning. I'm usually okay on the weekends, but I have a really bad habit of grabbing something on my way in to work that's really not so great for me. I need to leave myself more time in the morning to eat at home so I'm not tempted to make a bad choice.
  • ElizbethMolly
    Options
    Start with a slight deficit of 250 under TDEE. Itll make it easier to stick to and ensure your success. There's really no need to cut 1000 calories at the start.

I'm just going off what MFP suggested. I did good yesterday, if tomorrow morning is still as hard as this morning was I will adjust my calories a bit higher. At the end of the day yesterday I felt ok though, not hungry or craving anything. My stomach was just very hungry when I woke up lol
  • ElizbethMolly
    Options
    kuaya26 wrote: »
    I struggle with eating healthy breakfasts in the morning. I'm usually okay on the weekends, but I have a really bad habit of grabbing something on my way in to work that's really not so great for me. I need to leave myself more time in the morning to eat at home so I'm not tempted to make a bad choice.

I have that problem as well. I stocked my work fridge with protein shakes, salad making stuff, and lean meats. So I have options available. I know some people don't work in an office though.
  • missjordanalane
    missjordanalane Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can contest to not cutting your calories too much at first. Our GORL is wrong about a lot of things, but the one thing she's right about is that cutting yourself right out of the gate can really set you up for failure. My TDEE is about 3,100 a day, and I know that putting myself down to 1900 a day will NOT work. So I have it set to 2300, which is a happy medium for me.
  • ElizbethMolly
    Options
    I can contest to not cutting your calories too much at first. Our GORL is wrong about a lot of things, but the one thing she's right about is that cutting yourself right out of the gate can really set you up for failure. My TDEE is about 3,100 a day, and I know that putting myself down to 1900 a day will NOT work. So I have it set to 2300, which is a happy medium for me.

Ok I'll raise it a bit, I want to do this right and not be the next ALR lol. Thank you guys!
  • slugbugslugger
    slugbugslugger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was cutting like 1200 calories a day, and I felt miserable, so I think you have to balance speed and comfort.
  • SLaurentiu98
    SLaurentiu98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My struggle rn is eating less for breakfast

They are about 300-400 calories (my daily calorie intake is 1790 but I try to stick to 1400)

I'm not that hungry in the morning, only from about 12 PM onwards I get cravings

There are days where I get no cravings at all and days where I get a lot throughout the day

It's only a matter of self-control and finding snacks that are low in calories but fill me up, just felt like venting about it here
  • missjordanalane
    missjordanalane Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Ok I'll raise it a bit, I want to do this right and not be the next ALR lol. Thank you guys!

Gorl, you're gonna have to do A LOT more wrong to be her. You're doing great. :)
  • SLaurentiu98
    SLaurentiu98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

It takes A LOT to reach her current weight considering her height. There's no way someone can reach that big uintentionally. If you don't get any fast food you're pretty much safe from reaching that weight

For me I'm glad that the only fast food place near me is about a 10 min walk and I'm too lazy for that. Couple with the anxiety which prevented me from ordering food was also a godsend in a way. Otherwise who knows how big I would have been
  • cortni_152229
    cortni_152229 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I struggle with all day snacking and not eating meals, I keep buying foods I know I'll went to eat a lot of, and because I do exercise a lot use that as an excuse. So I've been stuck around the same weight for a few months now and I refuse to buy bigger clothess but mine all haven't really fit me in a long time. I'm stuck to 2 - 3 outfits.
  • ElizbethMolly
    Options
    Today's struggle: my coworkers brought in food today to share. Bagels, donuts, fried chicken, and cake. It all smells and looks so good. Normally I would have at least 1 of each, maybe another in the afternoon. So far I have resisted it all and am eating my lame turkey wrap.
  • eannamfp
    eannamfp Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I've been struggling with balancing spending time with friends and sticking to my calorie goal. Yesterday I spent the whole afternoon/evening after class with friends, and I ended up going out for dinner and drinks. All in all I went about 700 calories over my goal, and it was disappointing seeing a 3 lb weight gain the next morning. I know that it's almost entirely food/water bloat and not real weight, but it's still discouraging! Seeing that number inspired a bit of a "*kitten* it" type lunch, but I think now that I've gotten out of the house and thought about it I'm being more rational and in control :) I'm going to try to have a few lower calorie days this week so I still average under my calorie goal for the week!