Has anyone heard of Dr. Jason Fung and tried his program?

Options
rvfamilyfour
rvfamilyfour Posts: 26 Member
Hi,

I just came across an article by Dr. Jason Fung. I have been looking at his website and watching a bunch of his videos. His Diabetic/ Weight Loss program sounds interesting but I was wondering if anyone here has tried it?

Thanks,
Lisa

Replies

• chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I had not heard of him. It may be worth a try. It seems that if diabetics can lose weight, that often improves insulin sensitivity. If intermittent fasting helps you to lose weight and get your sugar under control, that would be great.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    I got my glucose under control with a keto diet. I used it to lose weight and have gone off meds. I am sticking with the keto for the BG numbers. My last A1C after being off diabetes meds for a year was 5.6.
  • rvfamilyfour
    rvfamilyfour Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So I am doing low carb and fasting as Dr. Fung has suggested. I just completed my first 24 hour fast. A lot easier than I thought it would. Now 16/8 session and then Saturday another 24 hour fast. I will keep people updated as I progress in the program.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes I have. I have lost weight and got my A1C to 5.2.
  • KenMadere
    KenMadere Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, after reading Dr. Jung book, I realized that the "diet" advice I was getting was not complete. I have been on a moderate to low carb diet for fifteen months. I lost about 25 pounds....am down to 205 (still overweight) but HA1c dropped from the high 7s to 5.6. I am still on meds (6 units daily of Levimir, and 2000 mg metformin). I did and do have a problem communicating with endocronoligist about what I am doing.

I recently read another nutrition book entitled "The F-Factor" and it helped me in meal planning by helping me choose foods that are high in fiber, thus low in net carb (total carb minus fiber). My MFP net carb target is now between 125 and 135. I don't ignore total carbs but also don't let it raise my anxiety level.