High Blood Pressure

Options

Replies

• RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Jessimom2 @macchiatto

I won't lie.... Going to see a doctor stresses me out!! Which is why my BP sky rockets!

Been misdiagnosed more times than I can count!!! Even a couple of life threatening misdiagnosis.

Just to name a few that are laughable now:

Heart failure (anorexia)--diagnosis: stress from finally putting on weight was causing panic attacks.

gallstones--diagnosis: stress from heart failure was causing chest pains.

Diverticulitis--diagnosis: ovarian cysts (which developed later).

Hiatal hernia: diagnosis: collapsed lung.

Ciguatera fish toxin poisoning--diagnosis: stress migraines (although had 26 symptoms from toxin) spinal tap finally revealed.

Lymphatic cystic disease: diagnosed and treated for syphilis, :(

Going to see anyone with a MD, NP, or PA at the end of their name scares the **** out of me! LOL, LOL!!!

Did you post this or me? LOL!!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    RAC56 wrote: »
    @Jessimom2 @macchiatto

I won't lie.... Going to see a doctor stresses me out!! Which is why my BP sky rockets!

Been misdiagnosed more times than I can count!!! Even a couple of life threatening misdiagnosis.

Just to name a few that are laughable now:

Heart failure (anorexia)--diagnosis: stress from finally putting on weight was causing panic attacks.

gallstones--diagnosis: stress from heart failure was causing chest pains.

Diverticulitis--diagnosis: ovarian cysts (which developed later).

Hiatal hernia: diagnosis: collapsed lung.

Ciguatera fish toxin poisoning--diagnosis: stress migraines (although had 26 symptoms from toxin) spinal tap finally revealed.

Lymphatic cystic disease: diagnosed and treated for syphilis, :(

Going to see anyone with a MD, NP, or PA at the end of their name scares the **** out of me! LOL, LOL!!!

Did you post this or me? LOL!!!

@RAC56

LOL, have you had similar medical experiences?

Last time a doctor asked me what I wanted, I literally answered, "A doctor that didn't receive his medical degree as a prize out of a Cracker Jack Box."
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    wow those are some lousy experiences with doctors. I try to avoid them except I have to see them when I have to fill my high blood pressure meds which I may be able to get rid of soon. They really tried to get me to get a flu shot but I declined. If I get the flu, I will use high dose vitamin c.
  • RAC56
    edited August 2019
    Options

@RAC56

Last time a doctor asked me what I wanted, I literally answered, "A doctor that didn't receive his medical degree as a prize out of a Cracker Jack Box."

Exactly! I avoid them now like the plague. I know a lot of others who now do the same. There are still some great docs out there but apparently not near me or if they are I'm not aware of them.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    RAC56 wrote: »

@RAC56

Exactly! I avoid them now like the plague. I know a lot of others who now do the same. There are still some great docs out there but apparently not near me or if they are I'm not aware of them.

Same with hospitals, its so obvious to me that judging from how many people die in, or on the way to one of those places, its healthier to stay outa there!

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    I personally feel best when using white real sea salt... The no additives kind.

The pink salt about makes me sick (edema--swelling--BP through the roof)... And won't touch the regular table salts with added corn syrup.

Good luck.

What table salt are you using that has corn syrup? I've used multiple cheapo store band/basic iodized table salts and none had corn syrup in them.

I keep lite salt, table salt, sea salt and coarse kosher salt in the house.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options

The pink salt about makes me sick (edema--swelling--BP through the roof)... And won't touch the regular table salts with added corn syrup.

Good luck.

What table salt are you using that has corn syrup? I've used multiple cheapo store band/basic iodized table salts and none had corn syrup in them.

It's listed as maltodextrin/maltodextrose... Dried modified corn syrup. It's in almost every plain white table salt sold in America.
  • TheDevastator
    Options

Good luck.

It's listed as maltodextrin/maltodextrose... Dried modified corn syrup. It's in almost every plain white table salt sold in America.

Those *kitten*! I quit eating pepperoni and braunschweiger because they use dextrose in them. So much for processed meats.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options

Good luck.

Those *kitten*! I quit eating pepperoni and braunschweiger because they use dextrose in them. So much for processed meats.

Yep.

I try to avoid corn like the plague. My parents both grew up on farms, and as a kids we didn't eat corn. Because my parents said it was for animals not humans. That they only give to animals when they want to fatten them up for the slaughter.
  • TheDevastator
    Options

Good luck.

Yep.

I try to avoid corn like the plague. My parents both grew up on farms, and as a kids we didn't eat corn. Because my parents said it was for animals not humans. That they only give to animals when they want to fatten them up for the slaughter.

I had sweet corn this summer, which I loved in the past. I only ate 2 ears and almost a whole stick of butter. I didn't enjoy the corn that much, I was there for the butter. Now french bread, butter, and honey is a different story.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options

Good luck.

Okay, so my table salt and lite salt have dextrose in them, kosher and sea salt, nope.

"Morton® Iodized Table Salt contains 0.04 percent dextrose or 40 milligrams per 100 grams of salt."

I can't be fussed about 40 milligrams of dextrose per 100 grams of salt, when a salt serving is what, 1.5 grams by weight? So a serving of salt has 0.6 milligrams of dextrose.

Not an issue that concerns me. Now, I'll definitely be avoiding the sugars in the cheesecake my son requested for his 17th birthday, lol.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Good luck.

Okay, so my table salt and lite salt have dextrose in them, kosher and sea salt, nope.

"Morton® Iodized Table Salt contains 0.04 percent dextrose or 40 milligrams per 100 grams of salt."

I can't be fussed about 40 milligrams of dextrose per 100 grams of salt, when a salt serving is what, 1.5 grams by weight? So a serving of salt has 0.6 milligrams of dextrose.

Not an issue that concerns me. Now, I'll definitely be avoiding the sugars in the cheesecake my son requested for his 17th birthday, lol.

I agree. This is so small it’s completely insignificant.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options

Good luck.

I agree. This is so small it’s completely insignificant.

Good luck.

It's not the amount I have issue with, it's that it's not a needed additive.

In the 90s they started putting gmo corn syrup in every single product on American shelves. And most don't realize how much of it they consume on a daily basis, just because it's in everything. The food in US got corrupted, then almost everyone is on at least one prescription of something, usually for life. Same with soy, they started putting soy in everything, I started avoiding soy.

My avoidance is just off principle.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    edited September 2019
    Options
    "But the main reason “dextrose” is added to iodized salt is to stabilize the iodide. The sugar prevents the added potassium iodide from breaking down into iodine. And the reason why sugar is added in the form of dextrose, is because dextrose comes from corn, and corn is subsidized."

So all iodized salt has a minute amount of sugar added. It serves an actual scientific purpose.

I'll keep using it, you keep on not @Emmapatterson1729 and we should both be satisfied :smiley:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I expect most processed stuff is kind of a wild card. What is actually in home grown foods can be a wild card too.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My Redmond Real salt sticks together so much that I have to smack the shaker before every use. A trace amount of dextrose has a purpose.
  • RAC56
    Options
    My Redmond Real salt sticks together so much that I have to smack the shaker before every use. A trace amount of dextrose has a purpose.

I'll stick with smacking the shaker, lol. For some folks trying to recover from various bowel issues, dextrose can be a nightmare even in small amounts.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    And I'm not telling others not to use products with no dextrose. Because it's literally in everything, I do end up consuming some no matter how hard I try to avoid it... It's even in my Stevia mix.

But because I'm old...I remember before it was in everything. I remember when they started replacing cane sugar with corn syrup and adding it to all products. And then came the commercials promoting corn syrup... Backed by the government (I interpreted this as a bad thing).

And all the research results I'd read through previously on corn syrup disappeared and were replaced with a blanket statement.

If in America though, it's impossible to avoid.

• TheDevastator
    Options
    I'll spend more for dextrose free products like Redmond salt. I've also read the cheaper salts have plastic particles in them from the processing.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I guess dextrose isn’t a big deal but I support Redmond salt since it’s from the USA and is supposed to be quality stuff.