Sweating more then before

Options
mor72
mor72 Posts: 83 Member
Since going nearly zero carbs i have noticed i am sweating lot more then normal. I am mainly eat eat meat only, but a few carbs thoughout the day (5 below). I noticed while doing lite house work i was sweating bucket, where normally i wouldn't. Anyone of you having the same issues? And what have you done about it?

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Yes, I normally don't sweat that much.. Even during workouts. But now, even my hair is drenched in sweat.

But I have had a lot of hormonal changes, so this doesn't surprise me.

Interesting to see if this is a side effect others have!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I am just a sweaty person. lol. I didn't notice an uptick post low carb eating but I certainly didn't see a reduction either. My mother's side of the family are "sweaty people" so I come by it naturally I figure. :smiley:
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Yup. I never got hot or sweaty. No I actually sweat when I work out. And I’m not bundling up with blankets at night. It is weird. I looked online - meat sweats??? Is this how we survived in caves with no heaters lol
  • mor72
    Options
    Just washed up some plates , and hade to have a shower as i was sweating a water fall. Maybe is my fat i am sweating out in bucket :D
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    How many carbs are you all eating? I am keeping to under 20 net g and found that I am actually colder than before. Normally I was keeping the house like a freezer and now I am putting on sweats!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    I keep my net carbs under 20.

But before keto was eating 600-1000 grams of carbs daily.

I have even noticed BO, which I haven't had since my 20s. I'm having to wear more deodorants.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

I have even noticed BO, which I haven't had since my 20s. I'm having to wear more deodorants.

Wow, so what did you eat to build up that amount of carbs emma! I cannot imagine it, not that I doubt you, just interested!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »

Wow, so what did you eat to build up that amount of carbs emma! I cannot imagine it, not that I doubt you, just interested!

@Gamliela

Lots of fruit juices!!! We had no idea we were consuming that many carbs until looking into keto! Didn't realize some of our fruit juices were over 100 grams per cup.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    lol! ok, now I can see it. :D
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Yep, tack the juices to eating a potato or side of rice with dinner, a hogie roll sandwich with chips for lunch, sweet creamer and added sugar to coffee, plus a cookie or two after dinner... The carbs added up quick!!!

For fun, we put in a couple of days scenarios of prior to Keto eating into MFP, and some days came up to way over 1000 grams.

It's definitely been eye opening.
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't notice excessive sweat unless I am working out hard or working on a project in our garage (sauna this time of year). After falling off LCHF for a while and now back on it I noticed that I couldn't tolerate the heat well when eating carbs VS low carb even at the same weight. For me LCHF tends to regulate my body temperature well.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    After being LCHF for the last two years, I too, feel like I get cold very easily. As I’ve lost weight and have become more fit, I definitely sweat more now than I ever did in the past, ordinarily when working out.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I sweat any more or less than before, but I have noticed that I run hotter in general when I stick to very low carb. I had a body temperature of 97.5 since I was a teenager, and after dropping my carbs, it went up to 98.6 or so, and I need the ambient temperature lower to sleep better (my ideal is actually like 55 or so).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    I don't know that I sweat any more or less than before, but I have noticed that I run hotter in general when I stick to very low carb. I had a body temperature of 97.5 since I was a teenager, and after dropping my carbs, it went up to 98.6 or so, and I need the ambient temperature lower to sleep better (my ideal is actually like 55 or so).

I would say when my carbs have dipped for a bit this was my experience as well. This is a challenge for me as I'm MENOHOT.

And yes. I love that I can get the boudoir down to 58f. And hubs has always been awesome about it.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Burning fats generates more heat than burning carbs because they contain more energy.
  • kNEWBrenda
    kNEWBrenda Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I noticed that I have stated sweating more too.
  • Oppaloopa
    Oppaloopa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    mor72 wrote: »
    Since going nearly zero carbs i have noticed i am sweating lot more then normal. I am mainly eat eat meat only, but a few carbs thoughout the day (5 below). I noticed while doing lite house work i was sweating bucket, where normally i wouldn't. Anyone of you having the same issues? And what have you done about it?
    Please see your doctor.

• mor72
    Options
    I am alright again. I think i chocked my body in to overdrive keto. After adding some carbs i was alright again, will stay at around 50 carbs.
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    nrs101364 wrote: »
    How many carbs are you all eating? I am keeping to under 20 net g and found that I am actually colder than before. Normally I was keeping the house like a freezer and now I am putting on sweats!

I tend to be cold now too. Enough that I keep a jacket in my office at work and often wear a sweatshirt at home. That all started about 2 months into Keto. I’m 20 g net per day too. It may be weight loss more than Keto, at least I’ve heard that from others.