Hello..👋🏼

Options
2»

Replies

• ConH12
    ConH12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group I am 44. I lost close to 60 lbs 6 years ago. I am struggling lately I gained 8lbs and need get control before it creeps higher.
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Like many of you, I don’t often exercise at the gym. I’m a runner - generally two marathons and a handful of half marathons every year. I use free weights st home and am hoping to find a weight lifting app that I like. And, I’m a biology professor, so I work long hours during the academic year but often get more 5an 15,000 steps with teaching and lab work.
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to group. I need to get back to food tracking. I workout 4 days a week to Jillian Michaels DVD’s I also walk at lunch at work and evening walk with dog. I am 42 gained lots of muscle upper body and the scale is going up not down. I need to control my snacking and eat more protein
  • arizonero
    arizonero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work in finance. I estimate the cost to produce unique items and forecast requirements.
  • arizonero
    arizonero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    snuff15ee wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I turned 42 this year and set out this past jan to lose weight. It took a lot of dedication, but I dropped ~30 pounds 212 ->181. The exercise regiment I follow focuses on intensity over duration. I do strength training 3 days/week, HIIT 2 days/week, and sprinkle in some road/mountain biking on the weekends. For example, I had a workout last week that took me 12 minutes and I was done for the day, but it was maximum effort. I'm an Air Force pilot and they keep me busy, so I was trying to find something that didn't require me to be in the gym for hours every week. The catalyst for me to drop weight was nutrition; I meal prep now and track all my calories, macros, and to a lesser extent micros. I'm looking for some fitness buddies as well, so feel free to add. I'm have one at the moment; thanks @nickylee76 .

I've worked on the MALD and JASSM.
  • Tass175
    Tass175 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is MALD and JASSM?
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this group! I am 41 years old, soon to be 42. Full time worker and mom of 2 kids, one in college and one starting kindergarten in a few days.

I want to lose between 60 and 75lbs. I'd be happy to lose 30 at this point :)

I like working out, I usually go around 5am to 6am.... Working out is not my issue.. it's obviously food.. and consistency with food/diet.... Currently I am doing intermittent fasting.. I do 16:8 5 days a week and try to do two 24 hours fasts per week.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    I guess I'm finally the older one here. I am 49 and trying to look fab for my next birthday. Feel free to add me.

You and me both DC, guess we'll be having to leave this group and find the 50 and Fit group before too much longer. Until then anyone I'm not currently friends with feel free to add me. For those I am friends with, you all deserve medals for putting up with me this long!
  • Tass175
    Tass175 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 41 my son is moving out and heading to college. I am working on me now, getting and staying fit. No time like the present. I wouldn't mind losing 40 lbs but I am ok where I'm at. I would just like to be fit. I try to challenge myself with different activities and trying something new.