Low carb dieting, very full (extremely), cannot imagine eating, but need calories

Options
snha
snha Posts: 388 Member
Hi,

Everything I am going through is in the title of the discussion. I am so full, even with little eating. Feeling too full to eat anything big, but need the calories, especially since I am exercising quite a bit.

Did any one go through that? Any easy remedies? I started eating seeds as a way to get calories, but I need some variety that is low on carb and that is not too overwhelming for a full stomach.

Thanks,
snha

Replies

• lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts? Or maybe try adding some avocado to a meal?
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Are you overweight? Then you have calories.
    If not overweight, I would need to know more about what you’re eating specifically
  • snha
    Options
    If not overweight, I would need to know more about what you’re eating specifically

I am over weight, but feeling really weak if I have no calories in me. Today was tough for many hours, but got better in the evening (it helped I got a bit hungry). I am assuming I need to eat 1500 calories at least!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    snha wrote: »

I am over weight, but feeling really weak if I have no calories in me. Today was tough for many hours, but got better in the evening (it helped I got a bit hungry). I am assuming I need to eat 1500 calories at least!

What's a typical day of food look like?
  • BlancheandSmooshyface
    Options
    I know exactly what you're going through, snha. I find I can't even finish the meals I do eat and, even I know, I'm eating way too little. There are some days I don't feel like eating at all. However, I'm not feeling weak, light-headed, or hungry.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Quite likely you’re low in sodium. This is the primary reason people say they feel weak on keto.

v58wyysdx75w.jpeg
  • snha
    Options
    Very interesting. Haven't thought of that. I did think that I need to get myself some electrolytes. Thanks so much for the info.

Quite likely you’re low in sodium. This is the primary reason people say they feel weak on keto.

v58wyysdx75w.jpeg
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Medique 03013 Medi-Lyte electrolyte replacement tablets
    u9sbmq92l3mg.png
    I been taking this this summer. It helps with all the sweating during runs. I keep a few in my purse. Son takes it too. (he does cross country, track)