Fall Babies

Options
13»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I just saw this article on scary mommy that says pregnancy is more physically demanding than running a marathon lol :D

https://www.scarymommy.com/pregnancy-marathon-endurance-athlete/?utm_source=FB

I don't know how i feel about that. I think I'd rather be pregnant than run a marathon.

Does that include labour and delivery? Then I would imagine! I've never run a marathon though so I have nothing to compare it to
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Here's another article. I need someone to explain this to me because I don't get it lol. It claims the "limit" to human endurance is 2.5x the basal metabolic rate which is reached by extreme athletes and pregnant women. That would be roughly 3700 calories for me, and I'm not using that much energy am I? I'm certainly not eating that much lol

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/health/pregnant-women-peak-endurance-trnd/index.html
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa My Dr. has not said anything. I think it is more about the pressure I am putting on myself. I want a healthy baby, and thanks to extra ultrasounds, I know that is happening. But, I started out 20 pounds overweight so I really don't want to gain anything extra. I plan on EBF and my body tends to hold onto weight when I am. Whatever. I am going to keep doing some kind of daily exercise and watch the snacks. I am a little jealous that you are just now showing since I have had people ask me if I am sure of my due date!!!! Keep up the good work. Moving is so stressful!!!

@hesn92 those are interesting reads. I feel like they would recommend more then 300 extra calories if our bodies were burning as much as an extreme athlete or marathon runner. But, I do find everyday tasks much more physically demanding ...so I don't know?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I am 36 weeks now and I am getting so nervous! I feel like I am not ready for this one. We just moved to our temporary home, I can't find anything I need out of storage, everything is so disorganized. I am worried about the labour and delivery since I will be at a new hospital this time around and I just hope they have the resources I need to birth. Also I am worried about someone coming to watch the kids in time while we have to go to the hospital as we aren't as close to family as we used to be. Just so much to think about. :#
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    I'm 36 weeks today and I think I have finished just about everything over the weekend. The baby swing is supposed to come today so my husband will need to set that up at some point. I will be induced in 2 weeks and I am ready!!!!!

I miss my clothes. I miss my body. I miss my wine. I am getting 12,000 steps a day at work so I haven't been walking much outside of that. I walked 2 miles Saturday and my hips were shot the rest of the weekend. I was also getting caught up on laundry since our washer broke last week. Squating down for the front loader killed me.

@sardelsa I hope you find everything! Moving during pregnancy must be hectic. I have no suggestions about the kids. Is any of your family able to take time off to come stay with the kids? They built a new hospital closer to me that I delivered baby #3 at and I loved it. Can you take a tour of the new hospital?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit wow you are almost there!! YAY! You must be so excited :)
    Uch I hear you laundry is so hard these days. Hopefully you get all caught up

I was supposed to take a tour but honestly I have no time, haha. I have family all lined up to come watch the kids (even backup) so hopefully it all works out!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa I can relate to some of your issues! We just moved states, and we're now 2.5 hours from all of our family. I am 28 weeks now and in full-on nesting mode, but we're only renting for a year or so (until next July, hopefully), so I don't want to do too much to the new place since we won't be here long. It's also smaller than our old place, so it's hard to figure out where everything is supposed to go!

My other worry is where I'll be delivering. Our baby has a small mass (totally harmless, but will need to be removed eventually) in his chest area. Because of that, we need to deliver in a hospital with a NICU. The issue is that the closest hospitals are about 1.5-2 hours away. Such a hard thing to plan for, especially when I've never given birth and have no idea what the experience is like! I would really like to avoid induction, but that might be the best option for me. I'll have to keep researching.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @rachelcalsbeek oh wow hopefully you can figure it out! First time baby usually gives you enough warning... but not always. I was in early labour for about 12 hours before it moved to consistent contractions. Best thing to do is talk to your doctor and see what they say. Best of luck!
  • hesn92
    Options
    I gained 35lbs during pregnancy and I’m down 20 lbs now with 15 to go, plus I’d like to lose another 10 on top of that. My c section pooch is really annoying me :D I know it’ll hopefully go down with time. I really want to start losing weight but I’m too scared it’ll mess up my breastfeeding. With my last child, once I went back to work I had trouble pumping enough milk for him. I ended up having to start supplementing with formula at 9 months. I’m going to try and just not worry about my weight for now :|
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    @hesn92 Congratulations!!!! I think you gained a healthy amount of weight and you off to a good start losing it. I have the same pumping fears! I wont go back to January so I know my milk will be established, but it is finding the time to pump that I am worried about. I hope to have a nice freezer stash before I go. I made it for a year with all of my others, so I hope to do the same with this one. My induction is scheduled for Sept 3 and I am not even dialted!!!! I need to walk, walk, walk, but it is freakishly hot here. We reached 100 yesterday.

I gained 40 with my last baby and 27 with this one. I lost 35 of those pounds in 3 months so I am setting the same goal for this time. I am not going to cut calories, but I am going to focus on eating cleaner. In the end though, my milk supply is more important to me then my weight.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit I just had mine checked today (I will be 39 weeks tomorrow) and I am not dilated either. My midwife said my cervix is ready so when contractions start BAM... hopefully!

Hopefully you can get things moving before then
  • hesn92
    Options
    How are you guys doing with your new babies? Hope you're getting some sleep. Mine is 12 weeks old now and I've been back at work for 4 weeks now. :( I'm having a hard time losing weight. I started keeping a food diary here and I keep going way over because I'm sooo hungry. I just am not one of those people who lose weight easily while breastfeeding.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Very little sleep over here (mine is 7 weeks) and wow life with three is a zoo. Everyone pulls you in a different direction and with only two arms (which are usually holding the baby) things are very difficult.

Hopefully your transition to work has been smooth @hesn92 and you are getting through the first few hardest months.

I am not really losing either. I am not sleeping, which means I'm up eating all night and I am not exercising as much as I want to. But meh winter is approaching so my motivation to get lean is just not there. I am still about 15lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight. At this rate I'll be lucky to get there by the end of summer. Ooof.

• hesn92
    Options
    @sardelsa I underestimated how difficult it would be, and I feel bad for my 3 year old for not spending as much time with him. This time last year we were out going on daily bike rides and park trips. At least he has his older brother to play with.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    @hesn92 I am dreading going back to work!!! I was hoping to stay home until January but I have to go back Dec 2nd. My little one will be 13.5 weeks. I started logging too. It helps me to own what I am eating and hopefully make healthier choices. Or at least balance. If today is bad, I will try to do better tomorrow.

@sardelsa I'm sorry you're not sleeping. While I am sure it is hard for you to see your body up 15 pounds, you still look fabulous. You'll get back there eventually.

My baby will be 8 weeks tomorrow. She is our 4th so I am definitely busy! She wakes up every 2-3 hours to eat but then she goes right back to sleep. She does want to be held most of the time and I put her in a wrap lot.

I am logging with no set calorie goal. I am try to be mindful and only eat when I am hungry. I started walking around 2.5 weeks and started doing Beachbody Workouts at 6 weeks. I think the workouts will get trickier when I go back to work. I only have a few pounds left, but I was 15-20 pounds overweight when I got pregnant.

I try to plan something special with my 3 year old everyday. We actually baked cookies this morning and we are going to the park in a little bit. I wish he would take a nap though!!!!
  • kmsimmons402
    kmsimmons402 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Has anyone given birth yet? I had baby girl #3 (little miss Piper Belle) on September 7 and was recently cleared for exercise. Looking for friends to add who are in the same boat and wanting to shed those pregnancy lbs! I am about 19lbs from my goal weight.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Congrats @kmsimmons402 ! I think most of us in here have had our little ones. I had #3 Sept 3rd. Just trying to get back into exercising now, I am about 10-15lbs from goal now.
  • hesn92
    Options
    @kmsimmons402 Congrats! My LO was born July 29. I have a really hectic lifestyle right now so I'm not exercising at all. :s I get down sometimes because I feel like my entire life and body is devoted to taking care of my kids and husband, and I have no time to take care of myself, but I know it'll get easier as he gets older. I miss working out, and I miss my old body. I have about 20 lbs to lose. I'm just now starting to get serious about logging my food and getting rid of this extra weight.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    Options
    @kmsimmons402 Congratulations! I had #4, also a girl, Aug 29. I have lost most of my baby weight, but my belly is still bigger then before, so my pants are tight. I was overweight when I got pregnant, so I would like to lose another 15-20 pounds.