Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday, August Week 4
    PW = 127.43 lb
    CW= 130.51 lb
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling at the moment. I've gone back to old habits and been binging on biscuits etc. It does feel to me like I sabotage myself and the more I do it, the harder it gets to get out of the rut, like a vicious cycle. Why do I keep doing this?
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    @Perla4686 ~ same for me. I wish you were my neighbor so we could help make meals, walk, talk, etc. Sit outside and scream together. But, I get up every day and say today! Today I am getting back on track. And do my best to focus on that. Focus on ONE thing that I know I can do. Drink my water that's the easiest and eat a healthy breakfast.

Then I pack or fix a couple of good healthy snacks, then I walk. I figure if I keep doing that much, then one day I'll swing myself back around to being the healthier version of me.

We need to remember that THIS IS NOT OVER. This is a journey. We're in this together. I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I'm readjusting my schedule to make that happen... I want to be here with RTM more. I need this group and want to be healthier.

My desire and determination is MORE than the love of food and being mindless about food.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry I've been fairly quiet this week. It is my last few days off before going back to school. I've been enjoying it immensely and not on my phone as much. I have been sticking with workouts 6 days a week. My food intake has not been the best though. I need to get myself together. I am starting a new program on the 7th, so I know that will force me to be on track. I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow's weigh in, but it is what it is. @johicks for September, I need to change my weigh in day to Saturday please. That is the day I'll be weighing in at the gym in front of my trainer.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Username: red1185
    PW: 165.6
    CW: 168.8
    I’ve hit the reset button, and I’m starting over. I took today to remind myself that a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step, and I took that step this morning. I took my dog on a long walk. I have a long way to go, with an overall goal of at least 35 lbs gone, but I’m tired of feeling down on myself for losing my mojo that I’m determined I’ll re-find it, and get back in gear. A new week = a fresh start.
  • johicks
    Options
    @jupdyke... Got the new weigh-in day for September. Exciting new plan w/trainer. I'm eager for you and to hear about it. :)
  • red1185
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    Hi everybody! I’ve decided to basically do a reset. I’m going to view my setback as a weightloss restart. It sucks, but my weight gain is what it is. I started at the very, very beginning at 172, and I’m currently sitting at 170. I’m frustrated, but I’m also trying to re-find my motivation. I’ll get there. I told myself I have a prize to win - I love to travel, so with each 2 lb loss (I know, it’s a small amount, but baby steps, right?), I’m going to buy something travel related. Hopefully eventually leading to a nice long trip when I reach my overall weightloss goal of nearly 40 lbs.
    Here’s to finding motivation, weightloss, and travel!! Cheers!

I love to travel too! Thinking of booking a trip to Cancun at the end of this journey. Where might you go? Another fun goal gift will be some new clothes! Can’t wait to be a size 12 again bc all my cutest clothes are a size 12.

Good morning! I hear Cancun is amazing!!
    It’s funny that you mention buying new clothes because that’s the one thing I rarely ever buy! I buy all the supplies, but it would be super fun to get a new wardrobe out of it! Clothes didn’t even cross my mind lol Maybe with each few pounds I’ll buy a cute top or something....good idea!
  • red1185
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I'm really struggling at the moment. I've gone back to old habits and been binging on biscuits etc. It does feel to me like I sabotage myself and the more I do it, the harder it gets to get out of the rut, like a vicious cycle. Why do I keep doing this?

@Perla4686 I feel you! Everything you are saying, I’m feeling the same thing! I told myself I hit the reset button this morning, and I’m trying to view this week as a fresh start. Baby steps are what’s going to make the difference for me. I usually get into a pattern of “I have to do everything right now,” and then I get overwhelmed, and it all goes out the window. I think like @johicks stated - focus on one thing right now , and that’ll be enough. That way it gives us something to be proud of, which will then make us want to do more. You got this! We got this!!! Hugs!!!
  • red1185
    Options
    red1185 wrote: »
    PW: 165.6
    CW: 168.8
    I’ve hit the reset button, and I’m starting over. I took today to remind myself that a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step, and I took that step this morning. I took my dog on a long walk. I have a long way to go, with an overall goal of at least 35 lbs gone, but I’m tired of feeling down on myself for losing my mojo that I’m determined I’ll re-find it, and get back in gear. A new week = a fresh start.

I have to re-update this! That current weight is not accurate.
    PW: 165
    CW: 170.2

Again, still showing an overall loss from the very, very, very beginning - but definitely hitting that reset button!!!
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: August week 5 Sunday Aug 25
    PW: 218
    CW: 215

One thing I did well: I indulged a little while on vacation but didn't binge.
    One thing to improve: Water! LOL

According to my math, I should have maybe lost a pound this week, but I will gladly take what the scale says! I may have overestimated some of my calories when guessing during logging, which could explain why I am so hungry even when my calorie log says I'm at my daily limit.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your lovely responses! I guess I'm not alone in this and it feels a little better to know the struggle is shared!
    So I'm going to try to use this post as a confession to maybe help me stick to my goals. We had a big family get-together BBQ lunch today and I really just enjoyed the food without too much thought. I ate way too much and now feel bloated and not great. So I'm going to try to skip supper (to be fair lunch was a whole afternoon affair) and see if I can go to bed with no more food.
    I'll let you know how that went tomorrow. Wish me luck.
  • johicks
    Options
    suh9g3s9kpve.jpg
    ⏳ ⏳ AUGUST WEEK 4 ⏳ ⏳
    ⌛️ AUGUST 18TH - AUGUST 24TH ⌛️
    25 MEMBERS
    21 (84%) of us weighed in
    17 (81%) had a loss or stayed the same for a loss of 20.8lbs!!
    Our losses =20.8 lbs, our gains =17.1 lbs, and our overall net loss = 3.7 lbs.
    CONGRATULATIONS LOSERS!!!
    ed0f5c8zenxq.jpg

👍LET’S KEEP WORKING EXTRA HARD IN WEEK #5 👍

HUGE congrats to our only teammate who posted every day for the daily RTM Mini-challenge!!

hfdm6jmpva7w.jpg
    RUN TRACK MINDS- Together! Kudos to the following for posting 2+ times this week to encourage, inspire, & support your teammates:
    cv6uo0xxeq0m.gif
  • bootssowhite
    bootssowhite Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Username: bootssowhite
    Week: Sunday, August Week 4 (I think, I've lost track of the weeks)
    PW: 262.8
    CW: 265.6
    One thing I did well: ugh
    One thing to improve: I did not have a great week. Work was brutal, I worked a million hours and ended up binging on junk in the evenings. I feel gross and bloated and next week is likely going to be just as bad.
  • Toyota100
    Toyota100 Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Toyota100
    Week: Sunday, August Week 4 (8/25)
    PW 220.0
    CW 219.8

One thing I did well: Looked at several weight loss success stories for motivation.

One thing I need to improve: Try to stick to my weekly weight loss goals the entire week and not just the first day.

I'm moving from cubicle land! I'm moving to a more private area, so pretty soon I can be more involved with my groups again. I don't have my own office with my private bathroom anymore. However, still this area I'm by myself primarily. I can focus on my work with less distraction.
  • jupdyke
    jupdyke Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daily post: Sunday, August 25
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no, but only because I did something to my lower back, so took a rest day.

I had a major chill day. School starts back up this week for teachers on Thursday, so sucking up my last few days of relaxation before the stress begins. Tomorrow is weigh in day. My eating has not been stellar, but my workouts have. We shall see how that pans out. Fingers crossed.
  • skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Daily post Sunday August 25:
    Tracked: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

Good night team! Thanks for being my support system.
  • mawash9
    mawash9 Posts: 77 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    User name:mawash9
    Week:5th?
    Weigh in: Sunday(8/25/19)
    PW: 230.6
    CW: 228.0
    What I did well: Hit gym 4 times past week
    What I need to improve on: Eat more veggies.
    Goal is to be highestvweight loss for week 5.
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    (Daily Post - Sunday)
    Track: yes but was over!
    Exercise: I worked 7.5 hours on my feet and took a 15 minute walk with my sister and our dog :)
    Day: yesterday was a pretty busy day for me! For some reason I had a hard time resisting temptation. When I came home from work, my family had two doughnuts waiting for me. Of course I ate both of them! Luckily everything I ate i tracked, so I definitely was still being mindful!
  • johicks
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday 08/25)
    Track: better than I have been
    Calories: not sure
    Exercise 20+mins: 00min
    12+ Water: 💧x 10
    Used goal app to track my Healthy Habits: nope.
    I chose ME today!! - Yes, enough to not eat after dinner and to not eat after I went to bed.

It wasn't a pretty day, but at least I'm finally here again posting and being honest with myself. Oh, which also means I need to report my weigh-in too. I weighed yesterday, just didn't report it. I had a struggle of a day of trying to please everyone.... hubby wanted me to help him around the exterior of the house, mom wanted me, and I wanted none of it. UGH!

But, I did manage to rearrange my schedule to be here every morning bright and early. With a timer for 30 minutes. AND that is after I have already spent 20 minutes on the bike, while reading affirmations and meal planning and logging it.

So...my week is off to a better start.

REMINDER.... this is the last week of August. We are in week #5 of August. I hope you all want to roll over to September and kick-off our fall with some losses!
  • johicks
    Options
    Your weekly weigh-in posts should look like this:
    Username: johicks
    Week: Sunday, Aug., Week 5 (8/25)
    PW: 246.4
    CW: 248.4
    One thing I did well: Maintained my commitment to this team and challenge, even as little as it has been. I am still here.
    One thing to improve: Make the start of my day FOR ME! Set the timer and do what I need to for MY health!

v v My reminder of how far I have come and that I CAN do this!! v v
    HW: 274.0 Sep. 2016
    2019- Jan. 1 = 260.0lbs
    SW: 265.4 (03/24)
    PW: 260.8 (04/28) April challenge
    PW: 250.4 (05/26) May Challenge
    PW: 243.8 (06/23) June Challenge
    PW: 241.2 (07/21) July Challenge
    PW: 248.4 (08/25) Aug Challenge
    UGW: 144
This discussion has been closed.